• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Getting gun friendly Reps involved would be a plus. Also a weekday would be preferable to get as much attention as possible. We should have people outside of the media recording the event to get it out on You Tube. I'm in, as long as it is far enough in advance that I can take the time off. I'm also willing to donate some time and effort in helping this become a reality.

A weekday would be great as it would allow for our Reps to be in their offices for sure.

But attendence will suffer by those who just simply can't take the time off work.

There are many plus and minus to both a weekday and weekend which is why I encourage everyone to get on 2AM and voice your opinion. It costs nothing (for now) and would be a big help.

I'm not sure where they are planning on taking this website. Some have suggested a Board of Directors, some want it to be another NRA or GOA, I'm just not sure. I rarely stray from the Rally Thread unless something catches my eye because it's just a MESS right now over there.

They were talking about the "Poision Pill" amendment process to kill another AWB so I had to speak up about that. It's just wrong and only stoops to Greedy Washington's level and does nothing to further our cause to support such actions. I recommend checking that thread out.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Again, I'm not trying to say unarmed is the way to go, but I think if we bring rifles, leave them unloaded. Sure, bring a loaded mag or two, but don't load the rifle. We all know there are careless people out there and I would hate to see an ND or AD happen at the Rally.

If everyone stays holstered and rifles stay unloaded, this just won't happen. Which is why I say we must police ourselves or force THEM to do it for us.

Just saying.

I do advocate showing up with AT LEAST your carry piece assuming Indy allows it.

What we can't fire our rifles in the air in celebration?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Armed participants make a statement and it depends on how the media portrays that statement. Patriots, exercising their rights or crazies who have no place in modern society. Perception is everything

We need maximum credible news exposure reflecting the Positive :twocents:

Maybe pitchforks and torches :D would be more appropriate

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    First let me say I think this is a great idea in part. I feel that organizing a march and protest is as good an idea as weve had in long while. I think that the Fear and frenzy that we are seeing in the gun business shows how folks are feeling right now about the incoming administrations stance on firearms and the 2A.

Now would be a great time to make this happen and if done right and with the right support could send a strong message.

I would not count out the NRA nor the GOA or any other organization that could help you bring in bodies because everyone knows what the message is, left or right its the support in numbers that the media will notice.

If 50 people show up you wont even rate a blurb on the news unless you are dragging an EBR then that blurb will be extremely negative. But if you could get a couple of thousand folks the media will pay attention and if you march in a peaceful reasonable way your message will be all the stronger in my opinion.

Now this is just my opinion but I think banners shirts and hats would be enough, and get the message out clearly.

If we go armed to the teeth its going to play very badly in the media. I think carrying a pistol openly would be a ok idea but if we start lugging rifles the media will demonize us in a million ways we haven't even considered.

Its not hard to imagine some of the ways they the Left wing media would play this,

What we want to do is show that we stand unified and get out as many people as we can, the larger the crowd the more likely the message is to be heard. But if you have folks lugging around EBR's your going to drive away a percentage of your support and you want all the support you can get.

Another thing to consider is the the Police. They will know what is going to be going down and will most likely (as peaceful as we would like to appear) come armed to the teeth as well. One accidental discharge one rifle slipping off a should, one idiot self taught zombie slayer and you've got a mess, Then all is for naught, that would hurt our cause far more than any liberal moonbat could.

I am all for it and will do what I can to dredge up more support for it in any way I can, all I ask is that we look at this reasonably and with an eye for what the other side will say based on our actions and message.

Last edited:

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Some things to consider.
    What is the Message. It needs to be something a bit deeper than ummm.... "were not gonna take it"

What about a Image to focus on something to bring it all together?
    What are we going to put on our Banners? or are we going to even use banners?
    Who is going to be your spokesperson? We better find someone articulate and well versed with a bit of confidence that can stand in front of the local news and present our points in a positive way.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    First let me say I think this is a great idea in part. I feel that organizing a march and protest is as good an idea as weve had in long while. I think that the Fear and frenzy that we are seeing in the gun business shows how folks are feeling right now about the incoming administrations stance on firearms and the 2A.

Now would be a great time to make this happen and if done right and with the right support could send a strong message.

I would not count out the NRA nor the GOA or any other organization that could help you bring in bodies because everyone knows what the message is, left or right its the support in numbers that the media will notice.

If 50 people show up you wont even rate a blurb on the news unless you are dragging an EBR then that blurb will be extremely negative. But if you could get a couple of thousand folks the media will pay attention and if you march in a peaceful reasonable way your message will be all the stronger in my opinion.

Now this is just my opinion but I think banners shirts and hats would be enough, and get the message out clearly.

If we go armed to the teeth its going to play very badly in the media. I think carrying a pistol openly would be a ok idea but if we start lugging rifles the media will demonize us in a million ways we haven't even considered.

Its not hard to imagine some of the ways they the Left wing media would play this,

What we want to do is show that we stand unified and get out as many people as we can, the larger the crowd the more likely the message is to be heard. But if you have folks lugging around EBR's your going to drive away a percentage of your support and you want all the support you can get.

Another thing to consider is the the Police. They will know what is going to be going down and will most likely (as peaceful as we would like to appear) come armed to the teeth as well. One accidental discharge one rifle slipping off a should, one idiot self taught zombie slayer and you've got a mess, Then all is for naught, that would hurt our cause far more than any liberal moonbat could.

I am all for it and will do what I can to dredge up more support for it in any way I can, all I ask is that we look at this reasonably and with an eye for what the other side will say based on our actions and message.

:+1:Exactly :rockwoot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Some things to consider.
    What is the Message. It needs to be something a bit deeper than ummm.... "were not gonna take it"

Who is going to be your spokesperson? We better find someone articulate and well versed with a bit of confidence that can stand in front of the local news and present our points in a positive way.

Not sure about banners, but I will be providing 2 sided 13" x 19" signs for everyone to carry.

I don't have the information to put on those signs, but once this has been determined, they will be printed and distributed before the rally.
    There should probably be various signs with different information, so more of a message can be displayed.
    Some could be founding father quotes, others can simply say something like "We Support the 2nd Amendment"
    I will work with Savage eagle to get these ready for when we rally.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You lost me at loaded ****ing rifles.

At 45 I am not that old but Kent State comes to mind. It only takes one dumbass with one bullet, be it a gun owner or a cop and BAM Poncho Villa rides on the ****ing circle because this time it won't be hippies with daisies getting shot......................and in 2008 everyone there gets sued too...............after they are prosecuted.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

No matter what you think, how a bunch of mostly (99.9%) white guys with rifles downtown would be perceived on TV is not how YOU see it going down.

Jesus Christ, just strap on your pistols, take your signs and have at it. I won't be there as I can't afford to take the risk I perceive exists and I am PRO GUN and yes I own evil guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Some things to consider.

Thank you sir for so eloquently expressing my exact concerns.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Look, the rifles thing was just an idea. But regardless, we should come holstered sidearms in tote. Some states won't allow people to carry and they will be with empty holsters. The people in states like California will undoutedly be carrying empty holsters and broomstick in places of boomsticks.

You guys are right, perception is everything. Which is why we need a couple Media Relations people to talk to the media. Tell them why we are here. That we are here peacefully to demonstrate that these are our property and we will not watch them be banned.

The message hasn't been decided on, but it HAS to be the same across the Country. That's why I need your help at 2AM to voice your opinion. Not many people are. The message HAS to be unified. We know we are protesting a second AWB. We know we want some of the infringements repealed. We know we won't stand for more. Get in there and make your voice heard.

IMPD will know of our intentions. But we won't stand for them to come armed to the teeth in full riot gear. Leave it in your cars boys. We aren't there to cause trouble and WE WILL BRING YOU THOSE THAT WE BELIEVE WILL DO SO. This is to be a peaceful gathering of Gun Owners and Non Gun Owners and we ourselves will not tolerate insolence. If you try to cause problems, we will make you leave. Carry you out if need be.

Keep in mind that we will be in front of the capitol building if all goes right. No one carrying a pistol can step foot off the sidewalk into the grass. If you do you will be on federal ground and we all know that's a big no-no. Chances are we may need some sort of permit to gain access to a lane of road on West St. and Washington St. That way we have some room. It would be a mess if everyone was confined to the sidewalk.

Zoub, if you don't want to attend because you are scared to take a risk, I must shake my head and ask why? I have 4 kids at home. Do you think that I would take any UNNECESSARY risks to where I would be taken away from them? No. Sorry. Yes, we are taking risks here. But not any that are unnecessary. Look, if you won't attend, that's fine. But if you choose not to attend, then why are you going to come in here and start cussing and throwing a fit and interjecting irrational fears? I must ask you as politely as I can to take that somewhere else.

People, nothing is set in stone. This is still in it's infancy. We have a real chance to make something great here and we need all the help we can get. Personally, I will be holstered the whole time. I will be exercising the very right I am trying to preserve. Whether or not we come with rifles, the media is going to demonize us and call it an uprising or a revolt or whatever. That myth will be put down if we get the word out. There will be no violence, there will be no screaming and yelling at other people, there will be no stones cast. These are simply Rally's from state to state to show our government that Gun Owners and people who believe in the BoR alike, from coast to coast, are united, and that we will not tolerate infringement's on our rights any longer.

The NRA is challenging laws across the Country while the Anti-2A crowd is finding more and more ways to restrict firearms possession and ownership. I think it's about time the PEOPLE made their voices heard, not just people who REPRESENT the PEOPLE.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh = Ahui Herrera, Griffith, IN
    jedi _ agh @ yahoo (dot) com (remove the white spaces)
    I'm in and can carpool people as well.

I can hit the area stores (Wal-Mart, Cabellas, Dicks, etc) and ranges with flyers as well. Along with the churches and community centers.

I've already begun re-organizing my old H.S buddies that were active with me in politics and we are brainstorming doing Guns 101 presentations at local churches and community centers un in NWI.

So what do I need?
    1) Flyer of the event
    2) Time and location

I can print some up here if need be or you can send them.
    My goal is to take a bus load if possible. Rent a bus (everyone picthes in) and take a bus load of people from NWI.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You lost me at loaded ****ing rifles.

At 45 I am not that old but Kent State comes to mind. It only takes one dumbass with one bullet, be it a gun owner or a cop and BAM Poncho Villa rides on the ****ing circle because this time it won't be hippies with daisies getting shot......................and in 2008 everyone there gets sued too...............after they are prosecuted.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

No matter what you think, how a bunch of mostly (99.9%) white guys with rifles downtown would be perceived on TV is not how YOU see it going down.

Jesus Christ, just strap on your pistols, take your signs and have at it. I won't be there as I can't afford to take the risk I perceive exists and I am PRO GUN and yes I own evil guns.

Set aside the rifle carrying, it's just a bad idea.

Scenario;
    Hundreds of people marching in a publicized rally, a lot OCing. A car backfires. Where does everyone's hand fall to? Are there some who actually draw their weapon, sweeping the crowd?
    These are the pictures that will be on the news. Will it win us good favor or completely loose the battle for us?

Add a twist to the above. Picture anti's positioned throughout the parade route with cameras and firecrackers.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Zoub, if you don't want to attend because you are scared to take a risk, I must shake my head and ask why? I have 4 kids at home. Do you think that I would take any UNNECESSARY risks to where I would be taken away from them? No. Sorry. Yes, we are taking risks here. But not any that are unnecessary. Look, if you won't attend, that's fine. But if you choose not to attend, then why are you going to come in here and start cussing and throwing a fit and interjecting irrational fears? I must ask you as politely as I can to take that somewhere else.

Expletives aside, I welcome Zoub's dissent, especially since he's a gun owner and the potential situation makes him nervous. If something bad were to happen, we might look back at his comments... and then he won't seem irrational. (Keep in mind that there are bad things that could happen without a single bang. Negative portrayals by the press would be bad.)

I will ask him why, but I won't shake my head.

Libertarians, across the board (myself included), tend to be bad marketers because we are so individualistic. But (and I can't stress this enough), you have to consider not whether you deem yourself threatening and outside-the-norm, but whether you'll be perceived that way by the ignorant masses viewed through the eyes and ears the ignorant media. In terms of changing people's minds, perception is everything.

:twocents:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Set aside the rifle carrying, it's just a bad idea.

Scenario;
    Hundreds of people marching in a publicized rally, a lot OCing. A car backfires. Where does everyone's hand fall to? Are there some who actually draw their weapon, sweeping the crowd?
    These are the pictures that will be on the news. Will it win us good favor or completely loose the battle for us?

Add a twist to the above. Picture anti's positioned throughout the parade route with cameras and firecrackers.

How many gunowners go for the draw during the 4th? Or when they hear a car backfire on any ordinary day?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Zoub, if you don't want to attend because you are scared to take a risk, I must shake my head and ask why? I have 4 kids at home. Do you think that I would take any UNNECESSARY risks to where I would be taken away from them? No. Sorry. Yes, we are taking risks here. But not any that are unnecessary.

Weren't you talking about open-carrying a loaded rifle on the Monon Trail a few weeks ago just to see what would happen?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Me thinks: No rifles/SG/hanguns

T-Shirt and baseball cap with message
    Signs and Banners with message
    Empty holsters (to honor our borthers/sisters in arms where there STATE does not allow it)

Possible Image:
    Founding fathers with arms

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    How many gunowners go for the draw during the 4th? Or when they hear a car backfire on any ordinary day?

i dont do that, i look at the car an say what a piece if crap. and we also need to call out the anti gun people who want assault rifles banned. we need to infor them that if they want to ban a gun they are wanting to ban the wrong one. have our spokesman ask the reporter "what gun do you think is used in most crimes and AR15 or a handgun?" if they say AR 15 then that shows ther lack of knowledge on crime. then if their answere is the hand gun then ask the reporter "why do people want the AR 15 banned when they arent used nearly as often as a handgun to commit crime?" and also dont forget to add "why should we let the anti gun loonies turn us into a target?" some rephrasing may be required.

OH and im carrying my pistol. why practice gun control and not carry guns when we are trying to get the point across that we should be allowed to carry guns? if you dont think you shouldnt carry then dont carry, im going to exercise my right as one of the people whose "right shall not be infringed"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom