• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Could you state or reclarify the issues you would like discussed at this point? Anything that needs hammered out before picking a date? Hold ups that would prevent rolling?

Messages that would be on the signs we carry.
    Local and State laws that directly affect the Rally.
    What will be on the flyer that we hand out all across the state to rally support for our Rally.
    Who will be the liason to the media when the time comes. We will probably need two or three of these people.
    What are the names and emails of the people to contact in the local media (papers, TV, Internet).
    Which Reps in this state are Pro-Gun and which are Anti. Also, do we do a massive letter writing campaign to all of them to garner support and would any of them be willing to join us?

:dunno: Am I forgetting anything? I'm sure I am....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay SavageEagle can you perhaps edit your first post with a checklist of what we need and where we are and perhaps get volunteers slated.

ex.

1) Check on City of Indianapolis Ordniance on Gun March
    a] Do we need a permit
    b] Where we can/can not march

2) Sponsor for...
    a] Sound Stage
    b] Security
    c] Signs
    d] Transporation of people

3) PR
    a] Flyers for event
    b] Educational flyers on AWB, Assault Rifles, etc.
    c] Sending info to media
    d] Sending info to local papers in the state
    e] Giving info/flyers to regional coordinators
    f] Face to the media POC

4) Head Regional Coordinators
    a] NWI (North West IN)
    b] NEI (North East IN)
    c] SWI (South West IN)
    d] SEI (South East IN)
    e] CENTRAL

or
    5) County Coordinators
    1 per each county (total of 10 I think)

6) Event Planners
    a] Schedule of events
    b] Political speachers list

7) INGO 'security'
    a] Group of members that will ensure whatever we agree to
    (OC, Rifles, loaded, unloaded) check all the members and hold any countraband.

8) Techies
    a] To start a database of all those that attend and would like more info later; name and email so we can SPAM them when the AWB does start it's way in congress to have the write/call congress from IN.

There is porbably more but this is what I have off the top of my head

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    policing ourselves is easy. Someone unholsters, they get a beat down by a wet noodle. Someone gets biligerant, we throw them to the LEO's to deal with. They commit anything against the Rally that puts us in a bind, someone ducktapes them to a chair. If ANYONE comes drunk, they get driven home to sleep it off.

Some adjustments to the reactions may be needed...

I appreciate all people perspectives. But I must implore you to understand that if we show up without at least a large portion of us holstered or with empty holster, we will be seen as weak and scared. I'm just thinking as an Anti-Gun Policy maker by saying that. I am very good at putting myself in others shoes. I just want us to have the biggest impact on the minds of everyone we can have. Whether or not the media demonize's us is not my concern. My concern lies in whether or not we can change the minds of our Reps.

We will never change the minds of the Anti's. But we can show them that they will not be tolerated. Tell them to go live in England if they hate American Values so much! :D
    Actually you are not and I am pretty safe in saying that. Or so you understand it, I have no fear in making that statement.

Just because you say it does not make it true. Same goes for me, excpet I know I can back mine up.

You calling my statements as irrational fears is only you justifying your own perspectives. I am not coming at this from fear. It is experience speaking. In addition I have organized events with gun owners coming from as far as the Dakotas and the East Coast.

You clearly do not know how to deliver a message intened to influence and change the thought of others. Your tactics suck. They will fixate on your guns, not your message BUT you will in turn be used to send a message to millions of Americans, more if CNN picks it up. You do not control the sound track and script, they do.

You sound just like the Anti's when you say they can not be influenced. It is not them you want to influence, it is the majority of Americans who do NOT like being told what they can and can not do.

A "beat down" of a fellow gun owner by gun owners is not even funny in print. Go ahead hot shot, beat down that guy who is also armed. You seem confident you will win? I hope he does not shoot your ass first? Can you put yourself in the shoes of people who woud see that video? Can you write that script? I can. BTDT.

No matter what YOU THINK anything more than CCW will be a mess but could be a lot worse and you will have zero control but YOU will be the organizer if something goes wrong. Remember that Father of four.

Of course the FBI, ATF, Local LEO's and maybe even a few anti's have read this thread by now.

And no the sight of evil guns in public does not scare me. They use to come on my school bus with M16's and dogs and drag your ass off if they chose to do so. Yes it was on American soil and I think we need more of that. I liked seeing M16's in the airports after 9/11. Where are they now? I miss them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually you are not and I am pretty safe in saying that. Or so you understand it, I have no fear in making that statement.

Just because you say it does not make it true. Same goes for me, excpet I know I can back mine up.

You calling my statements as irrational fears is only you justifying your own perspectives. I am not coming at this from fear. It is experience speaking. In addition I have organized events with gun owners coming from as far as the Dakotas and the East Coast.

You clearly do not know how to deliver a message intened to influence and change the thought of others. Your tactics suck. They will fixate on your guns, not your message BUT you will in turn be used to send a message to millions of Americans, more if CNN picks it up. You do not control the sound track and script, they do.

You sound just like the Anti's when you say they can not be influenced. It is not them you want to influence, it is the majority of Americans who do NOT like being told what they can and can not do.

A "beat down" of a fellow gun owner by gun owners is not even funny in print. Go ahead hot shot, beat down that guy who is also armed. You seem confident you will win? I hope he does not shoot your ass first? Can you put yourself in the shoes of people who woud see that video? Can you write that script? I can. BTDT.

No matter what YOU THINK anything more than CCW will be a mess but could be a lot worse and you will have zero control but YOU will be the organizer if something goes wrong. Remember that Father of four.

Of course the FBI, ATF, Local LEO's and maybe even a few anti's have read this thread by now.

And no the sight of evil guns in public does not scare me. They use to come on my school bus with M16's and dogs and drag your ass off if they chose to do so. Yes it was on American soil and I think we need more of that. I liked seeing M16's in the airports after 9/11. Where are they now? I miss them.

Now for God's sake, wasn't no one bashing on you and how dare you claim to know something about me when you don't even know me. That's just down right rude by golly, and you betcha it didn't phase me a bit! :D

I care not who has read this thread as I'm not in the buisness of threatening anyone except to say that I will not sit down and take it up the rear as our Government has been doing to us for the last couple decades. If me standing up for my rights is threatening, then damnit, so be it.

So Zoub, if you are done being an ass, can we talk about something constructive or are you just going to put people down? :nono:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Okay SavageEagle can you perhaps edit your first post with a checklist of what we need and where we are and perhaps get volunteers slated.

ex.

1) Check on City of Indianapolis Ordniance on Gun March
    a] Do we need a permit
    b] Where we can/can not march

2) Sponsor for...
    a] Sound Stage
    b] Security
    c] Signs
    d] Transporation of people

3) PR
    a] Flyers for event
    b] Educational flyers on AWB, Assault Rifles, etc.
    c] Sending info to media
    d] Sending info to local papers in the state
    e] Giving info/flyers to regional coordinators
    f] Face to the media POC

4) Head Regional Coordinators
    a] NWI (North West IN)
    b] NEI (North East IN)
    c] SWI (South West IN)
    d] SEI (South East IN)
    e] CENTRAL

or
    5) County Coordinators
    1 per each county (total of 10 I think)

6) Event Planners
    a] Schedule of events
    b] Political speachers list

7) INGO 'security'
    a] Group of members that will ensure whatever we agree to
    (OC, Rifles, loaded, unloaded) check all the members and hold any countraband.

8) Techies
    a] To start a database of all those that attend and would like more info later; name and email so we can SPAM them when the AWB does start it's way in congress to have the write/call congress from IN.

There is porbably more but this is what I have off the top of my head

2a) probably won't need or want a soundstage. That's up to you all but I wouldn't recommend it.

I like 4 rather than 5 and there are close to 95 counties if I remember correctly....

I like the idea of security people, but I'm not sure many will volunteer for such an undertaking. That would deserve it's own thread in itself.

I guess also I would be the techie as I'm already compiling the "list".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

+1 :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes you are correct there are 95+ counties. The 10 'county' thing is something that I recall from the days I was a kid doing political work. I think the IN DEMS have IN broken down into 10 districts and that is what I meant.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If I'm not mistaken, only the National Guard had the rifles and fired upon the students...the students were throwing rocks, not ammo.

Are you making a point here? Let me make one. Only one side was armed yet people got shot.

Cops with guns, gun owners with guns, both sides are armed.....................one gang banger with an AK pulls up and lets off a shot at the racist white guys with guns on his turf.

Kent State meets Jonestown in Indy. Decades later both are still talked about and in each only one side was armed. History tells us the unarmed were the victims in both. Who is the victim in this yet to be written chapter in history?

I voiced my opinion, I will leave this alone.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Lets be clear, I made a joke of a beat down with a WET NOODLE. Get over yourself. That is all.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Relax!

Zoub,

I truly didn't take what Savage Eagle said about Beat Down literally, as I don't think anyone should...he was clearly indicating that these individuals would need to be expelled from the group ASAP. Besides, where the hell is anyone going to get a wet noodle?:whip:

Savage has taken the lead on this from the beginning and is due a huge amount of credit. :bowdown:
    If there are issues we disagree with him on, that's fine, but we shouldn't be on here attacking one another, as we are all on the same side...or at least should be.
    I don't think anyone is opposed to constructive criticism, as that's what we are attempting to compile. I think it is great that we have people on here playing "devil's advocate", but we all should play nice together.

Our anger comes out because we are all passionate about this, so let's stay focused and get this thing organized before it's too late.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Zoub,

I truly didn't take what Savage Eagle said about Beat Down literally, as I don't think anyone should...he was clearly indicating that these individuals would need to be expelled from the group ASAP. Besides, where the hell is anyone going to get a wet noodle?:whip:

Savage has taken the lead on this from the beginning and is due a huge amount of credit. :bowdown:
    If there are issues we disagree with him on, that's fine, but we shouldn't be on here attacking one another, as we are all on the same side...or at least should be.
    I don't think anyone is opposed to constructive criticism, as that's what we are attempting to compile. I think it is great that we have people on here playing "devil's advocate", but we all should play nice together.

Our anger comes out because we are all passionate about this, so let's stay focused and get this thing organized before it's too late.

Thank you sir. I tend to get a bit frustrated with this as I am dealing with the same things on two different sites and trying to organize this on the State AND National levels. It's just that everyday that goes by without progress on this is another day lost to "the dark side". I would hate to see them introduce another AWB come Jan. 21st and start voting on it in Feb. and the Rallys aren't even planned until Summer.

I guess maybe my "tactics" aren't the best. I am only 26, 27 in Dec. and I don't have much experiance with organizing an event of this scale, but I do have experiance with smaller events as I was part of many with Boy Scouts. That is why I'm throwing myself before you all for help with this. We all need as much help as we can get and we HAVE to get this off the ground. Even if we were to have a smaller Rally ourselves to kick things off at the first of the year to let our intentions known... I don't know. I have so many ideas floating around in my head its hard to sort through them all.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You are right. This could all be a complete disaster. This could end in firearms being banned completely. The ATF may one day bust in your door and take you to jail for owning a firearm.

Then again we could be successful and win our rights back. That is a chance I'm willing to take.

If we lose and this is a disaster.... well then some people in this Country will die for their beliefs and this Country will have more than the economy to worry about. But wouldn't you rather do something than do nothing?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

+1:noway:

That is nuts. If you miss that abuse of power you might want to REEXAM WHAT FREEDOM IS. I'll also keep all of my rights. Even if the evil terrorists are coming.

The point is that there are many to ridicule or critique but few are here to help. There are so many people around here that are these "from my cold dead hands" type of people but they won't even march. THEY WON'T EVEN WRITE A LETTER! From my cold dead hands my ass.

Thank you SavageEagle for TRYING to get something organized. Even if nothing comes to pass, you tried. I'm still in.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Thank you sir. I tend to get a bit frustrated with this as I am dealing with the same things on two different sites and trying to organize this on the State AND National levels. It's just that everyday that goes by without progress on this is another day lost to "the dark side". I would hate to see them introduce another AWB come Jan. 21st and start voting on it in Feb. and the Rallys aren't even planned until Summer.

I guess maybe my "tactics" aren't the best. I am only 26, 27 in Dec. and I don't have much experiance with organizing an event of this scale, but I do have experiance with smaller events as I was part of many with Boy Scouts. That is why I'm throwing myself before you all for help with this. We all need as much help as we can get and we HAVE to get this off the ground. Even if we were to have a smaller Rally ourselves to kick things off at the first of the year to let our intentions known... I don't know. I have so many ideas floating around in my head its hard to sort through them all.

No one else has shown the amount of eagerness as you have, I commend you for that.:rockwoot:

I wish I had more free time to help out, but my printing business consumes most of my time.

We are making progress though, as more individuals are stepping up with their input.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Now for God's sake, wasn't no one bashing on you and how dare you claim to know something about me when you don't even know me. That's just down right rude by golly, and you betcha it didn't phase me a bit! :D

I care not who has read this thread as I'm not in the buisness of threatening anyone except to say that I will not sit down and take it up the rear as our Government has been doing to us for the last couple decades. If me standing up for my rights is threatening, then damnit, so be it.

So Zoub, if you are done being an ass, can we talk about something constructive or are you just going to put people down? :nono:
    It is not personal with me, you are just taking it that way. I am serious, why you see it as rude and a put down is in your voice. It is constructive critisicism, but it is critical in nature. This is just the web.

If the web stuff comes across as rude and personal to you the real world will send you over the top. I more or less agree with your own words on that, you are not the PR guy. I am just willing to agree with you, how is that a put down? This is in its entirety a PR stunt.

You clearly keep using language as one who wants to pick a fight, not just deliver a message. Frankly what is your purpose? Defend our rights or pick a fight? You say both. Each message attracts a different audience. Go back and read Gungho's posts. He makes his living in the gun business. Which message you choose dictates if he will support you. You should think about that. You are missing how you are coming across. I am just vocal enough to tell you. Others think it but don't care to waste their time posting it. I am in the mood to do so today, but I am serious, you lost me and I can get hundreds to an event if I want to.

As for who reads this, you just miss the whole point of strategy and tactics but then again you just don't care. I do and I avoid train wrecks but I will watch one. If you do not care, you can be easily manipulated. You should care, manipulation can kill your message.

None of this is personal. I am not trying to **** on your parade, I am just agreeing that you are not a PR guy. PR guys are great at Perception is Reality stuff. Let Gungho help you focus your energy.

I am only one person and one person can not stop you if you are motivated but you truly need to consider the views of others and give a damn about them or you will fail.

If and when you do, you will find you are not so welcome in gun circles. This is afterall, a serious business, even just as a sport.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Buisness has been slow here so I'm almost always home. I will be gone Friday and Saturday as my Aunt is waning. She has cancer and I must go down for Thanksgiving. Other than that, I'm throwing all my time into organizing these Rallys as, besides my kids, not much else is more important to me. My fiance says a wedding should be but I think she understands... :thumbsup: Maybe not, who knows with women... :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You are right. This could all be a complete disaster. This could end in firearms being banned completely. The ATF may one day bust in your door and take you to jail for owning a firearm.

Then again we could be successful and win our rights back. That is a chance I'm willing to take.

If we lose and this is a disaster.... well then some people in this Country will die for their beliefs and this Country will have more than the economy to worry about. But wouldn't you rather do something than do nothing?

I am doing something. I am investing in organizations with a track record of positive results. Professionals, with many years of experience, who have learned from their good and bad results. I will follow their lead. Have you gotten any professional advice?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes, some, from the other website. This is also why I suggested contacting the NRA and GOA for some help also. But if you want a professional run event then they are who you should be working with.

Why can't this be "by the people, for the people"? What better than a TRUE grassroots organized Rally? I would rather keep organizations like the NRA on the sidelines.

On a side note, there is a PA person on board that is a professional organizer helping with advice for everyone. You should check out the other site for info.

Top Bottom