• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    DoggyMama and I have been together for a little over 20 years. There were times when I thought we might not make it. She was a self-described "red-headed biker bitch" when we first met. And she was crazy, but mostly in a fun way. Then menopause happened. :nailbite::runaway:

But I never gave up, and neither did she. We buried her two daughters only 2 years apart, and that was unimaginably hard for her. Now she is battling her second round of cancer and we're still not giving up. I still pray that we'll grow old(er?) together every day. But in the end, that's up to the Lord.
    -1 menopause. Been through that with my other half at the time, Turned a once vibrant relationship into "what the hell happened?" Totally lost the spark we had back then before that. It was indeed a struggle for the both of us to deal with.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    -1 menopause. Been through that with my other half at the time, Turned a once vibrant relationship into "what the hell happened?" Totally lost the spark we had back then before that. It was indeed a struggle for the both of us to deal with.
    I can agree with that... Anger and hate not really about me, but everyone else around. (Her co workers, sister, daughter, people at the store, cats, the sink, the fridge, vacuum, anything that breaks, etc.) Then I am the one around so.... Years later the anger still hasn't gone away.

You know it is bad when the dog and cats come in the room with me and give you the look protect me.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I see the pain all around me and frequently consider how blessed I am.

All our children are still alive and mostly healthy.

SWMBO has health and family of origin issues, but she is also a hard worker, never idle, and constitutionally incapable of dishonesty. We managed to stick it out for 39 years so far.

We don't have any financial issues at present.

I enjoy my job.

I can still play in the band, ride my bicycle, go backpacking, play volleyball, hunt deer and get to the range. So many can't do any of that. My day is surely coming, but I'm busy living in the present.

I have everything I need and most of what I want.

What did I do to deserve any of that? Nothing. Just grace. And guidance of the Spirit, which I can sometimes recognize because the Spirit doesn't need to push me to do things I already want to do. It's the things I don't want to do that need the push, and if I don't listen, then the conversation is over until I'm ready to listen (usually after some unpleasant experiences).

Our small group is currently studying "The Problem of Pain" by C. S. Lewis. Lots to learn and think about.

Top Bottom