So who was CCing (badly) at the Children's Museum today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This is the point I was trying to make...why not advise him of the school zone so he won't accidentally become a felon. I guess this is too much to ask of you frank.

I guess you didn't read my other post when you said you wanted me to warn him. Next time it happens I'll go the @sshole route because just going about my business wasn't good enough for you.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I guess you didn't read my other post when you said you wanted me to warn him. Next time it happens I'll go the @sshole route because just going about my business wasn't good enough for you.

As previously posted, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, Frank.

IMO, you just keep on keeping on.

All the best!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't think anyone is telling him how to do his job, just how to be a nice guy. It has nothing to do with being a LEO. I have politely warned people at the CM that it was a school. I said nothing about the gun, I just let them come to their own conclusion. They thanked me because they didn't know. Granted, they might not have believed me, but I did my part.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Wow, so most INGOers wouldn't warn a fellow gun carrier if they saw them at the Children's Museum? The preschool is relatively new and isn't well marked. It is understandable some people don't know. The nice thing to do is warn them. Frank didn't even have to mention he is a LEO.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Wow, so most INGOers wouldn't warn a fellow gun carrier if they saw them at the Children's Museum? The preschool is relatively new and isn't well marked. It is understandable some people don't know. The nice thing to do is warn them. Frank didn't even have to mention he is a LEO.

It depends on the circumstances.

I'm sure Frank has his reasons like he has already pointed out. Also, hindsight is 20/20.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I would. I didn't see the posts where most INGOers said they wouldn't. It's just not my place to say how Frank should have handled it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I would warn an individual in a polite way, I hate to see an unsuspecting individual go to jail and lose his gun rights over this stupid law.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I would warn an individual in a polite way, I hate to see an unsuspecting individual go to jail and lose his gun rights over this stupid law.
    I agree that this law is stupid and that we should work together on changing it.

However, lets not Monday night quarterback what Frank did or didn't do. Be thankful that he came here to INGO and told us about it. In doing so, he educated people that didn't know that it was against the law to carry there. If we keep:horse: about it, maybe next time he won't even do that much. :twocents:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I agree that this law is stupid and that we should work together on changing it.

However, lets not Monday night quarterback what Frank did or didn't do. Be thankful that he came here to INGO and told us about it. In doing so, he educated people that didn't know that it was against the law to carry there. If we keep:horse: about it, maybe next time he won't even do that much. :twocents:
    Rep sent. Exactly right. Frank handled it his way. So he is right for how he wanted to handle it and I will not judge. Could he have done it differently? Sure. But he didn't. No one will ever make everybody happy.

So, how was the Museum? I haven't been there since my daughter was very young. I doubt a teen girl would enjoy it now but I may be wrong. Should I wear a cup if I go?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This is the point I was trying to make...why not advise him of the school zone so he won't accidentally become a felon. I guess this is too much to ask of you frank.

Who the heck said this was just some "unsuspecting individual"?

If I was unarmed and with my family there is no way in HADES that I am going up to some stranger with a gun and telling him I've spotted it and that I'm a cop; much less to tell him that what he is doing is illegal.

I don't know who he is, I don't know why he is there, I don't know why he has a gun. He could be a member of this board who simply doesn't know it is illegal or he could be a violent criminal who ain't going back to prison.

Now I'm an unarmed cop who has just announced to a serious violent felon that I know he is committing a crime, but I have absolutely no way to control him.

Why the hell would I put my family at risk like that? IMO faulting Frank on this is just plain stupid.

Do you really think he should put his family at risk to "warn" some complete stranger who no one knows who he is or what is going on?

Some people would find fault with Mother Theresa for serving soup that was too hot...

Joe

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Fargo... why say you are a cop?

That is my point. This has nothing to do with being a cop. I think the risk of saying "excuse me sir, I just wanted to give you a friendly warning that the museum is technically a school because it has a preschool. I just thought you would appreciate knowing" is pretty much non-existent.

That is pretty much what I said. I didn't feel I was in any danger doing it. The person thanked me and I was done.

The excuse that you aren't armed or getting paid overtime is a lame excuse. Now if Frank is simply uncomfortable interacting with strangers when he is not acting as a LEO, that is valid. Some people don't feel comfortable talking with strangers when not in a professional capacity. That is understandable.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Frank doesn't have to explain himself to me... the comment that he wasn't armed or getting paid overtime just rubbed me the wrong way. It shouldn't be about LE duties, it should just be about helping people out.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I also want to thank Frank profusely for not calling the cops on this guy and having him arrested.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just want to stress how this could have bee used as an opportunity to help someone out. When some poor guy gets arrested for carrying there and the media shows up interviewing idiots, we all lose.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm confused reading this thread! People ***** when a cop acts like a cop, and ***** when a cop doesn't act like a cop? Where is the middle ground, and when does the *****ing about that start?

Monday morning quarterbacks are friggen AWESOME! Holy ****!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    What is everyone's opinion on the parking garage that is attached with the skywalk over the road? It is separate, but owned by the ICM. It is attached by a walkway.

Top Bottom