So who was CCing (badly) at the Children's Museum today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Wasnt me I am a big guy not with full sleeves but with tats and a big full red beard and still wearing my high and tight. If I were there and were carrying you would bave never known even though I carry a full frame XD in .45ACP... Probably wasnt anyone on this forum or he would have known he would get bashed . If it was someone here they wont admit it because they are too mall ninja cool to think you actually saw them being stupid...lol

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Wasnt me I am a big guy not with full sleeves but with tats and a big full red beard and still wearing my high and tight. If I were there and were carrying you would bave never known even though I carry a full frame XD in .45ACP... Probably wasnt anyone on this forum or he would have known he would get bashed . If it was someone here they wont admit it because they are too mall ninja cool to think you actually saw them being stupid...lol

I wasn't bashing him. I was simply letting him know that it was obvious he was carrying a gun in a prohibited place.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Of course you don't know there is a preschool there until AFTER you park, walk over the street, buy your tickets, and see the preschool sign around the corner. Of course you already committed a (strict liability) felony the moment you turned your car off.

Gotta love the stupid laws.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's got to be an odd position for an officer to know a crime is being committed and not act though. To post about it on the Internet later seems odd too, but I'm ignorant to what an officer's duty/responsibility is. Seems like either saying something to the guy in person and/or not saying anything publicly would be ideal.

I carried at the museum until I read INGO though...

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Yes you should have walked up and politely said someting. No one would make a big scene then come on INGO later to bash you.
    Thank you for the warning to ALL to be more aware of where you are at. My question is could someone have checked online beforehand and caught the school issue?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmm...I didn't realize the Children's Museum was a gun free zone. I'm sure we'll all feel safer the next time we go:n00b:.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Yeh, park off property, and lock it in your car where it's safer.

I love the logic of lawmakers. Take a loaded gun out, exposed in plain view with kids around and leave it in a car where somebody can simply break a window.

Yeah, that's MUCH safer than just allowing a law abiding citizen the right to keep it secured on his or her person the whole time.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    You obviously don't understand.

The lawmaker logic is that you know you are going to the Museum.
    So, you should just leave your gun at home and ignore all the places in between that you have to go unarmed.
    See? Easy Peasy. :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's got to be an odd position for an officer to know a crime is being committed and not act though. To post about it on the Internet later seems odd too, but I'm ignorant to what an officer's duty/responsibility is. Seems like either saying something to the guy in person and/or not saying anything publicly would be ideal.

I carried at the museum until I read INGO though...

Three words. Dis. Cresh. Un. ;)

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    No one needs a gun around 30th and Meridian... Oops, I misspelled EVERYONE. Not going to park off site in that area for any reason. Don't even like stopping at the Shell right there at Illinois Street. It's a crappy area. We just had an armed robbery/car jacking down the street at Ivy Tech (maybe 2 blocks south). Apparently, the gangbanger didn't see Ivy Tech's anti-firearm rules. I'm sure he'll respect the Children's Museum's customers however.

Top Bottom