• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Violence against women because they think differently, this thread turned classless pretty quickly.

All the woman wanted was for the guy to remember her on Valentine's Day. It may not mean much to you guys, but it meant something to her. Off to watch Oprah and Dr. Phil I guess...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    About the only thing have for this is. GO TO OPRAH!;)
    ahhhh, a fellow Jerry Springer fan :D :rockwoot:

88, of coarse everything we say here is based on the assumption that everything the OP's tell us is true and all the facts. thats why this is the internet and not real life. but i would still dump the girl. if i were in her place, making a holiday reference in an attempt to make a jab on a long distance phone call would be the last thing i would do. especially since there are LOTS of strip clubs in chicago to ease his tension, since obviously she cant, since she is just more drama than shes worth ;)

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Violence against women because they think differently, this thread turned classless pretty quickly.

All the woman wanted was for the guy to remember her on Valentine's Day. It may not mean much to you guys, but it meant something to her. Off to watch Oprah and Dr. Phil I guess...

Make sure you TIVO Springer then.

:popcorn:

Haha. No I agree, like I posted earlier.

I know I would be in the dog house if I forgot my woman on V-Day. :cool:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wait, you had a family emergency that made you drive to Chicago for a couple of days and she's complaining that you didn't remember a manufactured holiday and give her a present? Sounds kinda selfish if you ask me. Did she do anything for you?

Did she ask how your mother was doing? :rolleyes: I hope she recovers well.

Kick her to the curb there are better out there!!!

I read the OP and everything I was going to say was in the first 4 replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

REAL violence against women? where? some people on the internet will never be happy.

no retarded jokes because somewhere someone has a retarded kid, even though your not talking about them.

no abuse jokes, because somewhere some woman is getting hit and she cant seem to find the door or call the police and file charges against her loving innocent and sweet husband. but its usually acceptable id toms, the one getting his ass beat by sally his wife.

no racial jokes, because other races would NEVER make a joke about me.:rolleyes:

some people must have a very boring and ****ty life I guess.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    REAL violence against women? where? some people on the internet will never be happy.

no retarded jokes because somewhere someone has a retarded kid, even though your not talking about them.

no abuse jokes, because somewhere some woman is getting hit and she cant seem to find the door or call the police and file charges against her loving innocent and sweet husband. but its usually acceptable id toms, the one getting his ass beat by sally his wife.

no racial jokes, because other races would NEVER make a joke about me.:rolleyes:

I didn't say what you could or couldn't talk about. It just shows a lack of class to joke about beating women. If that's your thing, then by all means go right ahead. I'm not here to be your moral compass, just stating what I see. If you're cool with laughing about racism, domestic violence, the mentally handicapped, etc. then you can go right ahead. I'm actually all for it, it makes it easier for the new people to see what kind of folks they're dealing with.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I didn't say what you could or couldn't talk about. It just shows a lack of class to joke about beating women. If that's your thing, then by all means go right ahead. I'm not here to be your moral compass, just stating what I see. If you're cool with laughing about racism, domestic violence, the mentally handicapped, etc. then you can go right ahead. I'm actually all for it, it makes it easier for the new people to see what kind of folks they're dealing with.

well then I guess you think the owner of the site is classless about posting a video about a midget wrestler who got SAAAACKED :):, huh? (just for example) but you wouldnt dare say that to him like you would me, would you? cause I sure dont remember you popping up in that thread like you did this one.

I dont live my life trying to please others. I tried that before and all it got me was disappointment and heartache. to each their own. I think you are scolding others to try and make yourself feel better about yourself.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    well then I guess you think the owner of the site is classless about posting a video about a midget wrestler who got SAAAACKED :):, huh? (just for example) but you wouldnt dare say that to him like you would me, would you? cause I sure dont remember you popping up in that thread like you did this one.

I dont live my life trying to please others. I tried that before and all it got me was disappointment and heartache. to each their own.

Actually I never saw that thread, so I don't know what you're talking about. There is also a difference between what I'm referring to and a midget wrestler who made his own choice to be there. Furthermore, if I saw Fenway or anyone else making classless comments like some of those in this thread, I'd say something about it. You act like I'd be scared to say something for fear of getting banned from an internet website. :ugh:

You need to learn to focus on what is said and not what you think is said. I didn't ask that you change the topic or that you try to please someone, just pointed out the lack of class. You can say whatever you want to say. I stand by what I said: it makes it easier for people to recognize who they're dealing with.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Women think that way, becuase they've been raised to think that way. There's nothing hard wired into a woman that gives her an expectation of how a man is supposed to behave on VD.

Yes, you should show your lady that she's special, doesn't matter what day it is though. And this guy, who is obviously a good guy (because he drove 200 miles in crappy weather to help out his family), is being read the riot act because he didn't recognize a greeting card day. Just throw out the other 364 days when he calls her, asks her how she's doing, takes her out, earns a living for them, etc etc etc, whatever the situation may be.

It's just infuriating to me when people are supposed to be on the "same team" and feel the need to tear each other down when they think they have a "teachable moment."

It makes no sense. When you tell someone that they make you feel like crap and they're mad at you, how is that supposed to make the relationship stronger? It doesn't.

When do you feel most loving towards your mate? When do you want to do something nice for them? When they're reading you the riot act because you didn't put the toilet seat down, or when they're telling you how you're a great provider, or how you make them feel special, or just encouraging you.

It just blows me away how some people feel they have any ground to stand on and correct their MATE like they're some kind of child.

This just really touches a nerve with me....

Sorry about the rant.

^^^THIS is pure gold! Absolutely priceless my friend. I wish I could rep you more than once.

:yesway: Someone always has to chime in and crap on everyone else by taking things completely out of context. I gotta spread it around before I can hit you agian.

To the OP... My wife would never have done what your girlfriend did. I can remember when I was young and in love, I would do anything for my wife. I still feel that way, and the love has just grown over the last 11 years. But it wouldn't have mattered how much I loved her, if she was pulling this crap when we were dating, she would have been gone.

True love cares for the other person more than for yourself. If she is already being selfish in her love, I guarantee it won't gett better. My wife and I dated for 2 years before we got married. We got along great, and never had a single argument...until our honeymoon. If you think things will change and get better once you marry her, you need to wake up and face reality. These small subtle indications of selfishness are just amplified over time.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Actually I never saw that thread, so I don't know what you're talking about. There is also a difference between what I'm referring to and a midget wrestler who made his own choice to be there. Furthermore, if I saw Fenway or anyone else making classless comments like some of those in this thread, I'd say something about it. You act like I'd be scared to say something for fear of getting banned from an internet website. :ugh:

You need to learn to focus on what is said and not what you think is said. I didn't ask that you change the topic or that you try to please someone, just pointed out the lack of class. You can say whatever you want to say. I stand by what I said: it makes it easier for people to recognize who they're dealing with.

ok. i'll be here all week anytime you need a pick me up about yourself. me and my classless self I guess.

by the way, if you REALLY knew me, you know I would beat the holy **** out of any man I saw beating a woman. just saying.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Just illustrating how quick some people are to jump to conclusions with little to no information at all.

Guilty as charged, but at least I admitted it :)

And, come on. It's a busted knee. Not exactly life threatening.

Actually, busted knees in elderly folks are often life-threatening. Not from the knee itself, but the incredibly raised risks of blood clots, strokes, pneumonia, etc from the decreased mobility. The OP is right to be concerned for and attentive to his parents in this situation.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Guilty as charged, but at least I admitted it :)

Actually, busted knees in elderly folks are often life-threatening. Not from the knee itself, but the incredibly raised risks of blood clots, strokes, pneumonia, etc from the decreased mobility. The OP is right to be concerned for and attentive to his parents in this situation.

This is true. My Grandfather died from a broken hip.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Just told my wife that story. She said, and I quote, "Ditch her"

You know what we did for Valentine's Day? We went to the range at Pop Guns and were both plenty happy with that. Nuthin says luvin like flying ordinance, doncha know...

I love that little lady. Baby, you're da bomb!
    :rockwoot:

Advice--want it or not--find your best friend AND MARRY HER. That's what I did and we don't sweat the small stuff.

Top Bottom