• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Actually I never saw that thread, so I don't know what you're talking about. There is also a difference between what I'm referring to and a midget wrestler who made his own choice to be there. Furthermore, if I saw Fenway or anyone else making classless comments like some of those in this thread, I'd say something about it. You act like I'd be scared to say something for fear of getting banned from an internet website. :ugh:

You need to learn to focus on what is said and not what you think is said. I didn't ask that you change the topic or that you try to please someone, just pointed out the lack of class. You can say whatever you want to say. I stand by what I said: it makes it easier for people to recognize who they're dealing with.

Relax's! My post about a stiff back hand was a joke. The good news is I could careless if you think I have class or not. The last time I checked I am not trying to get into your pants.

:patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    88GT,

I will get/do for my wife anything that she wants, wishes, needs, or desires within reason and then some. However the Caveat is that if the I am a little entitled Princess comes out, it will be a cold day in Hades before whatever it was even crosses my mind.

If my Wife would have said something like this to me when we were dating it would have been over before I hung up the phone call. I have no time for that attitude in life at all. None.
    Do I expect my wife to change?! No.
    Do I try to change my Wife?! No.
    Do we get along?! Most of the time, everyone argues about something occasionally.

Really? You would throw away what could very well be a great partner in life because she expressed disappointment that you forgot her on a day that was important to her (making assumptions, for the sake of discussion)? It matters not HOW it was expressed, huh? Only that she [STRIKE]cared[/STRIKE] dared enough to communicate that your behavior (or lack thereof) left her disappointed?

You (all inclusive) have no idea how it was said. OP did a ****-poor job of relating that. And yet everybody thinks she was coming from a selfish, entitlement attitude full of nastiness and snark. I'm sure you all just pictured some petulant little ***** throwing a temper tantrum to rival that of a 5y/o). No doubt because OP wanted it to come across that way.

Seems to me "disappointed" and "upset" indicate something far more reserved and measured than a Gossip Girl episode.

Guilty as charged, but at least I admitted it :)
    Actually, busted knees in elderly folks are often life-threatening. Not from the knee itself, but the incredibly raised risks of blood clots, strokes, pneumonia, etc from the decreased mobility. The OP is right to be concerned for and attentive to his parents in this situation.
    Facts not in evidence. Probably safe to say it that wasn't really an issue since it would have strengthened the OP's pity party. I highly doubt he would omit a detail of such importance.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meh, they are a different breed.

If she does not make a habit of "being disappointed" then they (women)
    do that from time to time if you don't do what is expected.
    Not a huge problem overall, nothing to lose sleep about in life.

Note:
    Expected meaning the usual occurrence on such an occasion not
    expected like you are "expected" to provide something.
    It's a fine line but it is different.

If you are expected to get something or else then yeah, she needs to grow up a bit.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    ok. i'll be here all week anytime you need a pick me up about yourself. me and my classless self I guess.

by the way, if you REALLY knew me, you know I would beat the holy **** out of any man I saw beating a woman. just saying.

What if it was Ted and he was beating on Pelosi? What am I thinking Nugent would never hit a woman.. Carry on..

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Facts not in evidence. Probably safe to say it that wasn't really an issue since it would have strengthened the OP's pity party. I highly doubt he would omit a detail of such importance.

Actually, it IS in evidence, simply by the mention of his elderly mother having a broken knee. It's wrong to assume that because the OP didn't mention it, it's not an issue. It is ALWAYS an issue when an elderly person loses mobility. Just because he or you might not know the risks, doesn't make them go away. Doesn't really matter to your point or the point of the thread though... I'm just sayin. 20+ years of nursing has given me lots and lots of stories to back that up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Meant to multi-quote this with the other. Don't know why it didn't show up. Must have double-clicked it right back off.
    ahhhh, a fellow Jerry Springer fan :D :rockwoot:

88, of coarse everything we say here is based on the assumption that everything the OP's tell us is true and all the facts. thats why this is the internet and not real life. but i would still dump the girl. if i were in her place, making a holiday reference in an attempt to make a jab on a long distance phone call would be the last thing i would do. especially since there are LOTS of strip clubs in chicago to ease his tension, since obviously she cant, since she is just more drama than shes worth ;)
    Let's just be honest. You assumed it was all true because you wanted to. The next time such assumptions don't align so nicely with your worldview, I'm confident you will question them quickly. ;)

ETA: Sorry. Forgot my smilie so I could better convey that I'm not taking this that seriously. :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Actually, it IS in evidence, simply by the mention of his elderly mother having a broken knee. It's wrong to assume that because the OP didn't mention it, it's not an issue. It is ALWAYS an issue when an elderly person loses mobility. Just because he or you might not know the risks, doesn't make them go away. Doesn't really matter to your point or the point of the thread though... I'm just sayin. 20+ years of nursing has given me lots and lots of stories to back that up.

Do you fail to see the utter irony in your post? OMG. They hypocrisy is thick.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Do you fail to see the utter irony in your post? OMG. They hypocrisy is thick.

Actually, I do fail to see it, (really) but I'm interested to hear your take on it. I spend too much time lately talking with people who share the same perspective as me, so I love to hear from someone who sees things differently. I really am clueless here. You said the borken knee isn't life threatening, I said, yeah, it can be a really big deal in an elderly person, and now I can't see how any of that makes me a hypocrite. Help me out.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Really? You would throw away what could very well be a great partner in life because she expressed disappointment that you forgot her on a day that was important to her (making assumptions, for the sake of discussion)? It matters not HOW it was expressed, huh? Only that she [strike]cared[/strike] dared enough to communicate that your behavior (or lack thereof) left her disappointed?

Yes I would and have told Girls and Women to take a walk sometimes for far less than what the OP's GF did. Couples are just that pairs. If you are having doubts on whether or not you BF/GF is meant for you for the rest of your life. Then Good bye. The only thing that you (collectively) do not have any say in is your Kin. You had best make sure that when you make an Oath before God that you mean it, and choose wisely.

By all means feel free to [STRIKE]Care[/STRIKE] dare to say whatever you feel is needed. I will certainly feel free to say whatever I feel is needed. And in my little relationship world Goodbye would be more than likely what you would be hearing me say upon my return to my home from a Family Emergency...

I could care less than fart in a whirlwind how it was said. I also don't care what Holiday it was Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas, are 200 day as a couple. Family care trumps them.

Everybody has different views on what is the right or wrong reactions to take in every given situation. I always viewed Relationships as a Forever event, My Oath is until Death does us Part it says nothing about Divorce and Lawyers and Judges. As such take the time to choose the right partner. If they are not meant to be who is more callused me for ending it quickly or the person who drags it out trying to work it out... :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll modify my response for the benefit of some. If the OP is so insensitive she should get rid of him. Same result from a different perspective.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    LOL! I almost missed this one. Yes, I do. She's 60 years old, single, loves Obama and hates guns. Shall I introduce you? :):
    Depends how is her health?
    Does she have a very good amount of savings?
    Big House?
    Property?

I could do an old chic for a couple years if I knew it would work for me in the end, then I could find some chic half my age and let her use me for everything I inherit.:D

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    ok first off she let you know she was disappointed. A big difference from being mad or angry to disappointing. She also did this in an email. Why did she have to do this in an email? Are you not calling her? There are a lot of details not being mentioned here and I feel without some more info then I cannot give you fair advice or a fair opinion. Yes you screwed up but on the other hand you were with your family for an emergency. Is she selfish and self centered. :dunno: dunno. Just because I would be disappointed in my man not calling me or emailing me or any type of communication to say hi or anything to me would be upsetting to me also. I think if you are really that concerned then I am sure you will make it up to her and all will be well and if not then you know what you have to do.
    Right now I would be focused on my mom since she is the one that really matters to you anyway. Good luck to your mom.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Big House?
    Property?

I could do an old chic for a couple years if I knew it would work for me in the end, then I could find some chic half my age and let her use me for everything I inherit.:D

LOL, Sorry, Andre-- you're out of luck on all your criteria! Guess you'll have to keep hunting for your sugar momma !

cedarhillfarms11

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Martinsville
    I have to say that I am a bit surprised about how my wife handled yesterdays events. Some buddies and I play some "friendly" poker on Monday nights. I devote the rest of my time to work and family, but Monday is cards.....Period. Well last week a player called and said that cards may be a problem for him, and was looking for me to tell him that cards was cancelled. I told him that I was not sure how much grief I would catch, but I was going to be there. Like I said, Mondays are not up for discussion. Well, come to find out, not everyone was on the same page. When I called my wife to inform her that cards had been rescheduled for Wednesday, at first I all got was a giggle. That was shortly followed by "those girls are really canceling cards for Hallmark day". All I could do was smile. Sometimes women will be women no matter how great they are, but I am sure I've found myself a keeper.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Big House?
    Property?

I hope this was supposed to be in purple.:D

Top Bottom