• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Some good advice above, if she's that self centered that she can't understand you had a family emergency she has a lot of growing up to do.
    JMO, I don't think you messed up, she did. Move on.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Not in my society. I know very few women who were or are being raised that way or who think that way. I don't think I'm on the fringe of society. When a small number of women demonstrate a negative behavior, it does not mean a thing about women in society. It means those few need to get an attitude adjustment. I honestly do not know a simgle woman who would defend the OP's girlfriend.

I'd love to hear more INGO women weigh in on this thread!

I do unless they stop and listen to what they are saying and realize they make absolutely no sense at all. I am married to one, I constantly just tell her to stop and think about what she is saying. All because of how she was raised, and some of it because she still has some city slicker left in her.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Not in my society. I know very few women who were or are being raised that way or who think that way. I don't think I'm on the fringe of society. When a small number of women demonstrate a negative behavior, it does not mean a thing about women in society. It means those few need to get an attitude adjustment. I honestly do not know a simgle woman who would defend the OP's girlfriend.

I think the only women who have that type of thinking he's talking about are women who have been raised with an entitlement mentality. most of these women can be found in large cities. women who were raised in the country or by middle classs or working families seem to not have the elitist approach to things. but its not fair even for me to make this broad generalisation of women. Im just stating what I have seen. I love it when a women proves me wrong. It just means there are more good women out there. plus, its not like us men are perfect either :):
    ElsiePeaRN, I dont know you in person but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I could be wrong, but from what I read in the OP she was just upset that he forgot about her...that's all.

She probably just expected a quick phone call to say "Happy Valentine's Day".

...and I hope everyone in your family is doing well.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There are a good number of suberbenite princesses as well.

Not to say there aren't a bunch of momma's boys running around either.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    FWIW, as a woman, I give you a pass. If you were my husband, I'd have said something like this:

"I'm really sorry you had to spend Valentine's Day the way you did. I missed you and wish we were together. When you get your parents squared away and come home, let's do something fun."

Distinct difference. She sounds like a narcissistic princess based on the very limited info I have by which to judge. She ought to be making it up to you, IMO. But knowing only what you posted here, I suppose I could be judging her too harshly. Not likely though ;)
    Great post!! You got a sister?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground

How do you adjust there attitude? A stiff back hand?:dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow! You're all so sure she's motivated by nothing more than self-centered arrogance, aren't you? As if OP wasn't painting it in a manner to color your opinion and provide him the "atta boy" and "we got your back" he so desperately seems to need.

Just how do we know this isn't the umpteenth time OP has done something like this? No offense, OP. Not implying you do. Just illustrating how quick some people are to jump to conclusions with little to no information at all.

And, come on. It's a busted knee. Not exactly life threatening.

If something is really important to us, we make sure we take care of it, regardless of the other things going on in our lives, excepting those situations where it's just a flat out physical impossibility to do so. So it really boils down to this: if OP thought it was important enough to make sure his girlfriend knew how he felt (or to comply with her expectation of his behavior on that particular day to make her happy), he would have done it. Chances are the girlfriend is less concerned than the fact that he actually forgot than with the fact that she sees it as a sign of something bigger. Whether or not it's true is another story.

I could go on and on about the fundamental differences in how men and women think. Aside from not wanting to put in the time, I've had more than my fair share of these discussions to know you men think you know it all and refuse to understand/accept that women simply operate on a different set of standards. And instead of recognizing and adjusting a little bit accordingly, most of y'all just scoff and pass blind judgment expecting her to do completely what you're not willing to do at all: move to the middle.

Which, on a side note, makes you all a bunch of hypocrites. For all the *****ing you guys do about how women always want to change you, how is it that you can't seem to see it works both ways? It's perfectly acceptable to demand that she accept you for exactly as you are, faults and all, but you'll not extend the same consideration to her?

Ironically, I feel no sympathy for you guys when you get one like the OP (or at least the rest of the participants to this thread) is trying to make his GF out to be. You picked 'em.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Wow! You're all so sure she's motivated by nothing more than self-centered arrogance, aren't you? As if OP wasn't painting it in a manner to color your opinion and provide him the "atta boy" and "we got your back" he so desperately seems to need.

Just how do we know this isn't the umpteenth time OP has done something like this? No offense, OP. Not implying you do. Just illustrating how quick some people are to jump to conclusions with little to no information at all.

And, come on. It's a busted knee. Not exactly life threatening.

If something is really important to us, we make sure we take care of it, regardless of the other things going on in our lives, excepting those situations where it's just a flat out physical impossibility to do so. So it really boils down to this: if OP thought it was important enough to make sure his girlfriend knew how he felt (or to comply with her expectation of his behavior on that particular day to make her happy), he would have done it. Chances are the girlfriend is less concerned than the fact that he actually forgot than with the fact that she sees it as a sign of something bigger. Whether or not it's true is another story.

I could go on and on about the fundamental differences in how men and women think. Aside from not wanting to put in the time, I've had more than my fair share of these discussions to know you men think you know it all and refuse to understand/accept that women simply operate on a different set of standards. And instead of recognizing and adjusting a little bit accordingly, most of y'all just scoff and pass blind judgment expecting her to do completely what you're not willing to do at all: move to the middle.

Which, on a side note, makes you all a bunch of hypocrites. For all the *****ing you guys do about how women always want to change you, how is it that you can't seem to see it works both ways? It's perfectly acceptable to demand that she accept you for exactly as you are, faults and all, but you'll not extend the same consideration to her?

Ironically, I feel no sympathy for you guys when you get one like the OP (or at least the rest of the participants to this thread) is trying to make his GF out to be. You picked 'em.

About the only thing have for this is. GO TO OPRAH!;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    88GT,

I will get/do for my wife anything that she wants, wishes, needs, or desires within reason and then some. However the Caveat is that if the I am a little entitled Princess comes out, it will be a cold day in Hades before whatever it was even crosses my mind.

If my Wife would have said something like this to me when we were dating it would have been over before I hung up the phone call. I have no time for that attitude in life at all. None.
    Do I expect my wife to change?! No.
    Do I try to change my Wife?! No.
    Do we get along?! Most of the time, everyone argues about something occasionally.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom