• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Blizzak man too. Had them on a Honda Civic and it did better in the snow than my Jeep with cheap all season tires. Now I have a set of Blizzaks on my Tacoma and with the clearance can get through nearly anything on the road. Can barely get the tires to skid/spin.

A set of snow tires is cheaper than the deductible if you can't stop and get a fender bender. Mount them on a cheap set of rims and you are good to go. In addition using the snow tires in the winter means less miles (longer life) for your regular tires.
    I just had a set put on the front of my 2000 Civic. They are amazing.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Only acceptable with real maple syrup. I bring my own to restaurants because they always have the corn syrup crap. Yes. I'm that guy, but I'm not the only one.
    Life is too short to eat bad syrup.
    My children tell me that we ruined them and are causing them to spend more money. We only had (and still do) pure maple syrup in our house.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Very nice. I've been reading some good reviews of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta's. :thumbsup:
    Have Hakka 8 SUVs on the wife's ride, they're amazing. Makes driving on hard packed snow like driving on dry pavement...

V5rmU5Ol.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Blizzak man too. Had them on a Honda Civic and it did better in the snow than my Jeep with cheap all season tires. Now I have a set of Blizzaks on my Tacoma and with the clearance can get through nearly anything on the road. Can barely get the tires to skid/spin.

A set of snow tires is cheaper than the deductible if you can't stop and get a fender bender. Mount them on a cheap set of rims and you are good to go. In addition using the snow tires in the winter means less miles (longer life) for your regular tires.
    It's amazing to me how many people deny the usefulness of having Winter tires. Too many think that AWD or 4WD is all you need.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's amazing to me how many people deny the usefulness of having Winter tires. Too many think that AWD or 4WD is all you need.
    My road often becomes what the county considers 'impassable' with a little snow and wind.

I drove my old Audi A4 with winter tires through snowdrifts that were up to the door handles. Couldn't see s**t from all the snow coming up over the hood and onto the windshield, but there was no stopping it. The best all season tires couldn't do that with half the amount of snow.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Freaking ridiculous. My parts supplier makes two runs per day. An afternoon run and an evening run. They already canceled this evenings run even though not suppose to see snow till after midnight. Guess I'll be having to tell customers they're screwed cause if they aren't running this evening they most certainly won't be tomorrow and possibly Thursday too

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have all seasons on my company Rav4. They got me through some deep snow last winter at my range. The guy in the Jeep behind me was surprised I made it to the back of the range. So was I. I did not think that vehicle had it in it to do anything remotely "off road".

I think with a set of snow tires all around, it would take on quite a bit of snowfall.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My children tell me that we ruined them and are causing them to spend more money. We only had (and still do) pure maple syrup in our house.
    Ours either pick up pints whenever they visit, or have us send them in the mail.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Kroger Private Selection brand of grade A amber. Good value and yes, the real thing beats the corn syrup crap by miles. Always have some on hand. It's one of those luxuries that's worth the slight extra cost.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Just went and picked up a 2000 watt Predator inverter generator just in case. As said in my previous post I live out in the sticks so my power isn't high priority to get turned back on if it goes out. I figure I can at least keep my deep freeze and refrigerator running. I also have been wanting one for while for camping so I figured now was the time to buy.

Also, holy cow it is a nut house in stores. The local Rural King had people in there stocking up on ice melt and there were at least 9 people buying generators. Since they sold out of the 2500 champion inverter, I went to Harbor freight, and luckily I called ahead to reserve the last 2000 watt genny because it was a mad house too. I got several angry looks from people who wanted the one they put up front for me.

Top Bottom