• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was an example. My beef is the hypocrisy that they present that they know and the use of it to get ratings or clicks. As posted above I have personally had two TV news producers admit they exaggerate for ratings and clicks…
    Well I don't know. Maybe they do. What's the motivation for NWS to adjust their forecasts?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well I don't know. Maybe they do. What's the motivation for NWS to adjust their forecasts?
    Good point DD. I just get tired of the sheeple buying everything these hucksters shove out to them on their phones from politics to health to weather. Last week employees were begging employers to close Wednesday through Friday because their phone told them snowmageden was coming, not a single flake had fallen yet.

I guess the light traffic on my jaunt to South Bend Thursday was a little benefit to me. LOL

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good point DD. I just get tired of the sheeple buying everything these hucksters shove out to them on their phones from politics to health to weather. Last week employees were begging employers to close Wednesday through Friday because their phone told them snowmageden was coming, not a single flake had fallen yet.

I guess the light traffic on my jaunt to South Bend Thursday was a little benefit to me. LOL
    I watch WTHR exclusively for my local news and weather and I think they do a pretty good job (as good as they can) of forecasting. For certain, they totally blow it sometimes! But I don't watch them any more or any less just because we're supposed to get bad weather, so if that's their strategy, it's not working on me! :):

I got a chuckle when we started getting the inclement weather notifications from work last week though. Probably 95% of us are already working from home. They closed the facility Thursday and Friday and I was like... So?? We still had to work! :n00b:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The schools here are still closed because there's still a little snow on the ground. We got about 6" on Thursday, and so they decided to close on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday (so far.) This is asinine. The roads have been plowed (mostly) since Friday. I really can't understand what the school board and school superintendent are thinking.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The schools here are still closed because there's still a little snow on the ground. We got about 6" on Thursday, and so they decided to close on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday (so far.) This is asinine. The roads have been plowed (mostly) since Friday. I really can't understand what the school board and school superintendent are thinking.
    Probably a way to use up some flex days. The state legislature requires minimum school days so they build snow or flex days into the the schedule that need to be burned up anyway...

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It’s about an administration that is afraid of liability.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Probably a way to use up some flex days. The state legislature requires minimum school days so they build snow or flex days into the the schedule that need to be burned up anyway...
    Quite possible. My local schools no longer do that, they have e-learning. Which has it's good points and it's bad. Don't have to worry about too many days off, but also let's the school call off for iffy situations. I'm reasonably surprised they didn't cancel in school learning here on Mon. But they did cancel last wends on tues just in case.

Top Bottom