• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Biden (or his puppetmaster): "Look, I won't invoke Taft-Hartley, but you guys gotta help me out here... This could make us look bad before the election."

The Longshoreman's Union does have a reputation for working with organized crime.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder if they are suspending the strike because it may've negative impact on election day for current administration.
    iu

Hopefully the RNC are putting together the commercial to run on a continuous loop through Nov 5th?

Kamala, Joe and that POS Soprano union boss spouting their rubbish, as Americans drown and bloat. :xmad:

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Why do you believe that both parties certainly don't have the option to get up and walk out.
    The company always has the option not to sign and become non union..
    Because they don’t. Companies are required to maintain contract terms with union workers even after the contract has expired (doesn’t work like that in the real world). More importantly in the real world when you’re trying to negotiate a contract you can’t haul the other side into court to complain about how they are negotiating.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Because they don’t. Companies are required to maintain contract terms with union workers even after the contract has expired (doesn’t work like that in the real world). More importantly in the real world when you’re trying to negotiate a contract you can’t haul the other side into court to complain about how they are negotiating.
    Again, what do you do for a living?
    I'm guessing you weren't around in 93 when in the real world, Grinnell Fire Systems went non union. It took years in court to settle it.

Last edited:

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Again, what do you do for a living?
    I'm guessing you weren't around in 93 when in the real world, Grinnell Fire Systems went non union. It took years in court to settle it.
    You’re proving my point. That case rotted at the NLRB and then court for years only to have the 4th circuit decide that the parties “didn’t really reach an impasse in bargaining” and that Grinnel was in violation IN NEGOTIATING A NEW CONTRACT. That’s ridiculous.

When one party can force another party to the negotiating table under threat of fines penalties or legal action it’s not a negotiation, it’s just economic blackmail.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You’re proving my point. That case rotted at the NLRB and then court for years only to have the 4th circuit decide that the parties “didn’t really reach an impasse in bargaining” and that Grinnel was in violation IN NEGOTIATING A NEW CONTRACT. That’s ridiculous.

When one party can force another party to the negotiating table under threat of fines penalties or legal action it’s not a negotiation, it’s just economic blackmail.
    I'm not asking again. Good day

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I'm not asking again. Good day
    The proper response would be “good evening”. And your dad’s second cousins sisters husband being a union lawyer neither impresses me nor has any relevance on anything that’s been said.

The simple fact is that if the NLRA and the associated agencies were abolished unions wouldn’t have half the power they do. That’s why these aren’t really negotiations and that’s why you don’t see this anywhere but with union contracts.

If this didn’t hurt our country so much in the form of higher costs and inefficiency, I might actually have sympathy for the union workers. But anyone who is dumb enough to carry a “profit over people” sign on a picket line and then let a millionaire grifter with mob affiliation champion their cause is too stupid for any sympathy.

Just like the grocery cashiers in 10 years half to 3/4 of these people will be out if a job, they will have done it to themselves and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of useful idiots.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I believe they reached an agreement, 62% raise over the life of the contract.
    It certainty beats 50%
    which was already way more than the national average for workers BEFORE the increase. Show me any industry that offers 50% increse in pay without holding the entire country hostage to get it? There isn't. Only mob run unions pull **** like this.

Top Bottom