• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just got home from work and one of the local weather guys is predicting 6-10" here in the Indy area.
    I also saw a report that's now saying 8-12". In either case it looks like it could be a rather long weekend with potential for lots of OT

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Is that people just don't have food in their homes? Do they shop each day for what they need that day only? If we get dumped on, we will be stuck for a couple days. Is this telling me people don't have 2-3 days worth of food at home?

We shop more often and for fewer items because we are minimalists*, but we haven't needed to go out for an extra run this week due to a snowstorm pending.

I'm having a hard time understanding all of this. Just like the toilet paper rush at the start of Covid.

* we have recently started to shift our thinking more and we are buying more of something when it is on sale and storing/freezing it.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    th.jpg

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Is that people just don't have food in their homes? Do they shop each day for what they need that day only? If we get dumped on, we will be stuck for a couple days. Is this telling me people don't have 2-3 days worth of food at home?

We shop more often and for fewer items because we are minimalists*, but we haven't needed to go out for an extra run this week due to a snowstorm pending.

I'm having a hard time understanding all of this. Just like the toilet paper rush at the start of Covid.

* we have recently started to shift our thinking more and we are buying more of something when it is on sale and storing/freezing it.
    I also don't understand it either. We probably have enough food in our freezer and pantry to eat for a month and we aren't preppers or anything. Now we might not like what we are eating but we wouldn't stave.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I also don't understand it either. We probably have enough food in our freezer and pantry to eat for a month and we aren't preppers or anything. Now we might not like what we are eating but we wouldn't stave.
    Just this past weekend, my wife was taking care of my mom(she lives in assisted living). Was supposed to stop at the grocery store and shop for us on the way home. She called and said that all we really need was eggs for breakfast the next morning but she was worn out and wanted to know if we HAD to have them. Of course I said no. We made an InstantPot of oatmeal, some bacon, toast, fruit and coffee the next morning. GTG.

She went shopping Monday and got us stocked back up.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Husband went to Walmart last night. Better him than me. We didn't really need anything, but he stocked up on a few things. We have a freezer full of meat, enough veggies, beans and other staples. And toilet paper...lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to Aldi and Kroger yesterday afternoon just to pick up a couple of things and I was surprised that they were still well-stocked and while busy, not as busy as I thought they'd be. What I did notice was that people are self-absorbed idiots, totally oblivious to everyone else around them. People blocking entrances to the aisles with their carts while they wander aimlessly up and down looking for whatever (not even sure they knew), people stopping at the exit door, blocking it with their cart while they checked their receipt for... something?

Got gas at Kroger and all the pumps were occupied. Saw a woman finish fueling and get back into her car, so I pulled up behind her. Sat for almost 5 minutes before she finally looked in her rearview mirror and saw me hanging out my drivers side window with a WTF look on my face. She acted startled and finally started her vehicle and took off. Probably had her face buried in her phone. :rolleyes:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I just got home from Meijer, and wasn`t even thinking the zombie mobs would out in force yet...boy was I wrong. No gallons of milk, just a few half-gallons, bread looked like that area had been looted. Meats picked over and looked the same, like it had been looted, and the store was packed, and the check out lines LONG.

Went to Kroger for a couple of things yesterday. Milk was pretty well wiped out, except for that white water they call milk aka skim. Didn't look in the bread aisle. Meat was lower than normal but not wiped out, except for some of the sale stuff.

But it was still kinda earlier about 4:30 or so. And the place was packed. Parking lot was jammed full with people parking along the edge of the lot because there were no parking spots left.

Top Bottom