• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I do not throw snow from my driveway into a cleared street, except...

When my driveway is cleared and a plow comes by and seals it off at the curb with a foot of snow and slush, back out into the street it goes, from whence it came.
    A couple of years ago my wife called the city and complained. They actually came out and fixed it mostly. But it wasn't just driving by and shoving to the side. My back driveway is almost in line with the T alley behind me. Snowplow driver came down the T and right into my driveway, knocked half the double gate down. Found out about it when I let the dog out and she didn't come back in when I called. Went and checked and her tracks went right through where the gate used to be. She did come back when I found her and called though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine was a 77 Ford Ranchero. I did that a lot! Heck, I still do it any and every chance I get..
    We used to swim at the Y in the winter time, and Dad would always get out in the parking lot when it was snow covered and do donuts in whatever big boat he was driving at the time (usually a station wagon). We loved it! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LSD/Posi rear is very good in bad weather.
    iu

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    After driving my Camaro in a blizzard I bought a Scout as a second vehicle. Ever since I've had a 4x4 of some sort, even if I didn't have a sports car. I can get out of I want to, but I have all my french toast supplies and going out would require putting pants on...
    Why not a 4x4 sports car?

audi_s5_coupe_2018.jpg

I have a K2500, 4x4 sitting in the driveway, but when it we get serious snow, I'd rather drive my Audi. Sure, they lack ground clearance, but the front bumpers are study and bust drifts just fine.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    When I had a 74 Super Beetle, it would go through any accumulation up to about 6 inches and them the belly pan would eventually “hydroplane“ on the snow and lift the tires off the ground. Then get out and shovel or push it off the snow. Ask me how I know.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Anybody been out and about Noblesville and points east towards I69? Have to head that way in my Civic this morning for 5 yr old grandson and was curious.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why not a 4x4 sports car?

audi_s5_coupe_2018.jpg

I have a K2500, 4x4 sitting in the driveway, but when it we get serious snow, I'd rather drive my Audi. Sure, they lack ground clearance, but the front bumpers are study and bust drifts just fine.

Just not my thing. I like the looks of American muscle cars. HP per $, domestics win easily. An RS5 starts at about $10k more than a ZL1 Camaro and $16k over a base Corvette, either of which I'd much rather own. They don't sell the AWD Hemi equipped Charger outside of fleet sales (due to having to use an older transmission due to physical space constraints with the transfer case) and never offered a Challenger one, period. I'm also much more comfortable maintaining a domestic, and motors like the LS3 are bulletproof and routinely hit 200k+ miles without expensive service.

Capability wise, especially with appropriate tires I'm sure it's a blast to drive as long as it isn't enough snow to get packed down and high center you in a big drift or something.

I also prefer the higher ride of my truck in bad weather. Being up and out of the tire spray makes a big difference in terms of visibility. If I did a 'all in one' it'd be a performance SUV.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My Fusion is all wheel drive as is the Mrs. Outback. But when it gets “bad”, still take the F350 4WD. Like BehindBluel said, sit up higher etc., and if for no other reason, if I would get hit, M1V1=M2V2 (follow the science!)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We used to swim at the Y in the winter time, and Dad would always get out in the parking lot when it was snow covered and do donuts in whatever big boat he was driving at the time (usually a station wagon). We loved it! :):

Got to see a state trooper goose a u turn in the middle of a deserted state road intersection this morning. I shook my finger at him as we passed, but I couldn't help but laugh. Big kid.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Capability wise, especially with appropriate tires I'm sure it's a blast to drive as long as it isn't enough snow to get packed down and high center you in a big drift or something.
    They are. I've been through snow up to the door handles in my old A4 with snow tires. It's really hard to high center them, though not impossible, because they're ridiculously heavy. My little old A4 was just shy of 4000 pounds with a full tank of gas and my 200 pounds in the seat. My current A6 is just under 4500.

I've loved all the Audis I've owned. But you also need to love working on them or be rich to keep them running.

Top Bottom