• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Apparently our county is on some kind of red alert status, essential travel only. Sheesh. I get it I suppose. People aren't made like we were. :)

I was planning on hitting the gym at 6 am and going into the office. But it looks like that ain't happening.

Oh well, I may still go out tomorrow just to take a look.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The foot-high barrier of snow and slush that the plow erected is more than my single-stage thrower can handle, so it's just me and a shovel, and I'm not about to lug tons of it across the driveway onto the lawn. It came from the street, it goes back to the street.
    Guess what I'm going to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently our county is on some kind of red alert status, essential travel only. Sheesh. I get it I suppose. People aren't made like we were. :)

I was planning on hitting the gym at 6 am and going into the office. But it looks like that ain't happening.

I think we're the same age. People like us that grew up driving big ol' rear wheel drive vehicles in this stuff aren't intimidated by a little snow. :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I just went throughout three red counties. LOL. YMMV…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    DoorDash shut down all deliveries as of 1pm today.
    How is that different than any other day? Quit using them after a order in October. Placed a $90+ order that was charged and accepted only to get a message 30 minutes later that the restaurant could not fulfill the order. I called the restaurant direct and spoke with a manager, he said it was not true they could not do my order, and took my order. When I picked it up the employee said DD did that all the time. Oh. the exact same order was $60+ without DD fees and markup…

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I do not throw snow from my driveway into a cleared street, except...

When my driveway is cleared and a plow comes by and seals it off at the curb with a foot of snow and slush, back out into the street it goes, from whence it came.
    I used to live on a very busy, 4 lane road (Ironwood) that was the dividing line between South Bend and Mishawaka. It was plowed by both cities. I never put the snow back out in the street until 2011. Here's why.

Screenshot_20220203-185512.png

I had no where else to put the snow. That is my entire front yard. I didn't want that to happen again so I packed some in my yard then the rest went back into the road.
    I was never a bunch at once. A little here, a little there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think we're the same age. People like us that grew up driving big ol' rear wheel drive vehicles in this stuff aren't intimidated by a little snow. :):

After driving my Camaro in a blizzard I bought a Scout as a second vehicle. Ever since I've had a 4x4 of some sort, even if I didn't have a sports car. I can get out of I want to, but I have all my french toast supplies and going out would require putting pants on.

I won't venture out on ice unless it's pretty serious, though. I've yet to crash but I've had some "fun" times. Pursuit rated tires are not snow tires in the same way greased bowling balls are not snow tires.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    After driving my Camaro in a blizzard I bought a Scout as a second vehicle. Ever since I've had a 4x4 of some sort, even if I didn't have a sports car. I can get out of I want to, but I have all my french toast supplies and going out would require putting pants on.

I won't venture out on ice unless it's pretty serious, though. I've yet to crash but I've had some "fun" times. Pursuit rated tires are not snow tires in the same way greased bowling balls are not snow tires.
    I learned how to drive in the snow in a 69 Camaro! Dad said find a parking lot and turn it inside out. Did the same with my kids in a pickup. If you can start a slide, you can stop a slide.

Top Bottom