• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Just not my thing. I like the looks of American muscle cars. HP per $, domestics win easily. An RS5 starts at about $10k more than a ZL1 Camaro and $16k over a base Corvette, either of which I'd much rather own. They don't sell the AWD Hemi equipped Charger outside of fleet sales (due to having to use an older transmission due to physical space constraints with the transfer case) and never offered a Challenger one, period. I'm also much more comfortable maintaining a domestic, and motors like the LS3 are bulletproof and routinely hit 200k+ miles without expensive service.

Capability wise, especially with appropriate tires I'm sure it's a blast to drive as long as it isn't enough snow to get packed down and high center you in a big drift or something.

I also prefer the higher ride of my truck in bad weather. Being up and out of the tire spray makes a big difference in terms of visibility. If I did a 'all in one' it'd be a performance SUV.
    Got behind State Boy this morning. His squad car stated Challenger AWD. Are these only offered for police? And when he got on I65, he opened it up and vanished fairly quick.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Snowmageden was a bust for media again in Indy. As I expected about 5 inches…

Freaking losers! And we are supposed to believe the same models predicting doom in 100 years.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Got behind State Boy this morning. His squad car stated Challenger AWD. Are these only offered for police? And when he got on I65, he opened it up and vanished fairly quick.
    They are sold to the public as Challenger GT. They have been out for several years and are all V6 cars.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Snowmageden was a bust for media again in Indy. As I expected about 5 inches…

Freaking losers! And we are supposed to believe the same models predicting doom in 100 years.
    Officially 10" at the Ft. Wayne airport; just over a foot here. Not quite the 32" that I originally saw forecast, but fun nevertheless.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Officially 10" at the Ft. Wayne airport; just over a foot here. Not quite the 32" that I originally saw forecast, but fun nevertheless.
    Not sure of the official for here, but middle of my yard in Monticello was right at a foot.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    7.6" officially at the airport. Right in the 6-9" range that WTHR was predicting. :dunno:
    When did they predict that? The day before is not predicting in my book. Their value would be if they can tell us what to expect three days before or more. Heck I can predict pretty well the day before.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When did they predict that? The day before is not predicting in my book. Their value would be if they can tell us what to expect three days before or more. Heck I can predict pretty well the day before.
    They were constantly revising it all week. Nobody can predict exactly how a massive weather system like this one was will move. Low pressure moves 10 miles one way or another and it can make a huge difference. I thought they did a pretty good job.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They were constantly revising it all week. Nobody can predict exactly how a massive weather system like this one was will move. Low pressure moves 10 miles one way or another and it can make a huge difference. I thought they did a pretty good job.
    You and I both know they can’t predict this so why do they let on like they can? Do promos hyping big numbers and their forecasts?

Because they are just selling ratings and clicks…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You and I both know they can’t predict this so why do they let on like they can? Do promos hyping big numbers and their forecasts?

Because they are just selling ratings and clicks…
    Would you rather they just say nothing? How about no weather forecasts at all? No watches, no warnings. Complete media blackout and everyone is on their own? I guess I don't understand what your complaint is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got enough of a heads up so that I was prepared. Got my truck out in advance of the storm, made sure I had plenty of salt on hand for the driveway, vehicles gassed up, plenty of food (without hoarding French Toast supplies). I can't really ask for much more than that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Would you rather they just say nothing? How about no weather forecasts at all? No watches, no warnings. Complete media blackout and everyone is on their own? I guess I don't understand what your complaint is.

I would rather they tell the truth. Those that fly planes or navigate boats on big water get accurate forecasts. If the NWS and Coast Guard tell boaters there is a small craft advisory and six to eight feet waves in three days you can bank on it. Never seen them forecast 25 foot waves then reduce it every day until the day before then claim they were right.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would rather they tell the truth. Those that fly planes or navigate boats on big water get accurate forecasts. If the NWS and Coast Guard tell boaters there is a small craft advisory and six to eight feet waves in three days you can bank on it. Never seen them forecast 25 foot waves then reduce it every day until the day before then claim they were right.
    Even the NWS revises their forecasts. Heck that's where the local guys are getting a lot of their data. As for waves, you're basically only forecasting wind speed. That's quite a bit different than forecasting how low pressure systems, cold fronts, and moisture from the Gulf are all going to come together to create a weather system. A fluctuation of a couple of degrees in temperature can mean the difference between rain, sleet, freezing rain or snow, which is of course going to affect the amount of accumulation we'll see. I just don't think it's as simple as you think it is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Even the NWS revises their forecasts. Heck that's where the local guys are getting a lot of their data. As for waves, you're basically only forecasting wind speed. That's quite a bit different than forecasting how low pressure systems, cold fronts, and moisture from the Gulf are all going to come together to create a weather system. A fluctuation of a couple of degrees in temperature can mean the difference between rain, sleet, freezing rain or snow, which is of course going to affect the amount of accumulation we'll see. I just don't think it's as simple as you think it is.
    It was an example. My beef is the hypocrisy that they present that they know and the use of it to get ratings or clicks. As posted above I have personally had two TV news producers admit they exaggerate for ratings and clicks…

Top Bottom