• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well, we weren't practicing with a firearm. However, I had my son grab my belt and hold onto it. I was able to turn my hips into him and he had to let go of my belt. When I turned into him, this was when I could go into an arm-bar. Actually, it was more of a shoulder lock. He only had a hold of my right arm with his left hand. He had to use his right hand to grab at my belt. I figured this would be similar to somebody latching onto the butt of my pistol. This is what gives you the room to maneuver. The right had pushes your right arm across your body. The left hand grabs your right arm while the attacker reaches down with the right hand to snatch the firearm. When they go for the grab, they are only holding onto you with one hand.

... And one gun, that is secured to your belt. I don't grab that way, as I said, and it MIgHT give enough space vs the way I grab, but I'd have to see it to believe it would get you out... WITH your gun.

Also, from a handshake to arm drag type of entry, you'd have to be 100% ready to avoid it. It's really interesting/scary.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ... And one gun, that is secured to your belt. I don't grab that way, as I said, and it MIgHT give enough space vs the way I grab, but I'd have to see it to believe it would get you out... WITH your gun.

Also, from a handshake to arm drag type of entry, you'd have to be 100% ready to avoid it. It's really interesting/scary.
    I might not make it out of it with possession of the Firearm, I am very aware of that fact. Part of the reason why I would abandon the thought of using the Firearm as the weapon in this fight and move right along to a knife...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I might not make it out of it with possession of the Firearm, I am very aware of that fact. Part of the reason why I would abandon the thought of using the Firearm as the weapon in this fight and move right along to a knife...

And all the more reason to come and play with us. :)

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    left hand kerambit cuts his quad, belly,bicep etc as your right elbow drops retaining your weapon in holster and holding him on the knife blade. Does he have you or do you have him? All fair in love and war boys. Who knows how it would end but he would earn everything he got.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    left hand kerambit cuts his quad, belly,bicep etc as your right elbow drops retaining your weapon in holster and holding him on the knife blade. Does he have you or do you have him? All fair in love and war boys. Who knows how it would end but he would earn everything he got.

Maybe. I think he'd have your gun and have either pushed you away or tossed you on your ass before you could get the knife, but, as I said, I'll test it.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    I would elbow him in the face soon as his hand pushed my right arm away. After his nose was forcefully broken, i would proceed to walk away.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    The problem with this hypothetical is that we are going off of one persons description as to how he was unable to defeat a particular disarming technique.

What we need is a video of this person actually performing the technique on him in order to really give an objective non-speculative opinion/analysis.
    ^that.

I'd like to see it done with and without a retention holster.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ^that.

I'd like to see it done with and without a retention holster.

Maybe the op will do a video of exactly how the guy did it. If not, I could do one on my interpretation, based on reading it, but I'm sure it will be changed a little by my experience with a position that I *think* is similar. My way will work, at least for a non retention or simple retention holster, I'm sure of it. I had never thought of it until this conversation, because taking guns just doesn't occur to me, but it will work against all but the most ready and well-trained people.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've read the OP again and have been contemplating possible options to try and counter. If he is holding your right hand by the wrist it's easy enough to reverse the grip by cupping your right hand and curling it over the top.

You can even break loose from the grip altogether when you curl your hand over the top and push down forcefully slapping his left hand away.

I have thought about when he reaches around with his left hand and grabs your right hand what would stop you from coming over the top of his left hand grip with your right hand therefore making it possible for you to grab his left hand and pull his left arm down and across while at the same time throwing your left hip out pulling him away from your strong side.

Once you have turned the grip around you can pull his left arm around toward your right side allowing yourself the ability to obtain the leverage needed for a hip throw. Keep in mind you cannot do any of this half ass.

You need to be as quick and as violent as possible even if he still has a grip on your belt or firearm with his right hand and you keep ahold of his left arm you should still be able to drive him straight into the ground with your full weight on top of him.

Just doing a little brainstorming here.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    !!!!! Holy crap, at least 3 of you guys are kind of scary. Compatriot G, you are the kung-fu eddy. Let me turn you around a bit. Do YOU think that YOU can take a gun this way? If I follow your training that every move has a counter, then if you were the guy behind how would it go then? will your son kick your ass? Could You counter your own counter moves if you were the snatcher?
    I would love to see the gym testing but I suspect that several people would get in line to beat me up. Don't forget that I was the looser in this thing. I would show anyone how it was pulled off, but I am not willing to be shown personally how I should of reacted. Lets let the scary guys be the dummys.
    The hard guys here are only the exceptions that prove the rule. I think that most of us would be helpless, especially if the hard guys were the attackers. I did eventually find the perfect counter...... I changed my ways. I never again presented myself as vulnerable to this attack. I learned the lesson, 1 - Watch your ass. 2 - keep your stuff secure. 3 - Don't mess with the old dude.
    I am reading with much interest all of your tactics and I believe some (a very few) of you guys could break it. but the ONLY perfect counter is to not be there.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    !!!!! Holy crap, at least 3 of you guys are kind of scary. Compatriot G, you are the kung-fu eddy. Let me turn you around a bit.
    I know I am not Compatriot G, but may I give it a try...

Do YOU think that YOU can take a gun this way?
    How would I disarm an Opponent...
    - 1. Shoot the sorry SOB, if Sound is not an issue...
    - 2. Stab the sorry SOB, if Sound is an issue...

Crap like this maneuver works well against the ill prepared. But, if you need to disarm someone and plan them ill then do it and do it quickly...

I am reading with much interest all of your tactics and I believe some (a very few) of you guys could break it. but the ONLY perfect counter is to not be there.
    Not being somewhere is not always an option...

Besides, I'm just a dumb mechanic...

Top Bottom