• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Someone takes your gun to prove a point, but of course you don't know that.
    He's standing there grinning.
    You go on the counter attack. By the way, surprise works both ways. In all your scenarios it's a given that you counter attack. But, most guys who just grabbed a gun think they have the upper hand.
    You are definately in 21 foot. Wail on him. Many of the previous counter attacks will work. It's the surprise.
    Another surprise would be the BUG going Bang, Bang, Bang.
    Or the knife going slice.
    Taking a weapon from someone, not very smart. If he get's shot, is he going to try to go to the police?

How about the fact that the ISN'T happening across the country in large numbers. Not saying it's not happening. But the odds?

Yes, you should have situational awareness.
    Yes, sometimes a bad guy can get the drop on you.
    Yes, sometimes the bad guy will win.
    But, a satellite can fall out of the sky on my head at anytime. Maybe I should plan on that.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Someone takes your gun to prove a point, but of course you don't know that.
    He's standing there grinning.
    You go on the counter attack. By the way, surprise works both ways. In all your scenarios it's a given that you counter attack. But, most guys who just grabbed a gun think they have the upper hand.
    You are definately in 21 foot. Wail on him. Many of the previous counter attacks will work. It's the surprise.
    Another surprise would be the BUG going Bang, Bang, Bang.
    Or the knife going slice.
    Taking a weapon from someone, not very smart. If he get's shot, is he going to try to go to the police?

How about the fact that the ISN'T happening across the country in large numbers. Not saying it's not happening. But the odds?

Yes, you should have situational awareness.
    Yes, sometimes a bad guy can get the drop on you.
    Yes, sometimes the bad guy will win.
    But, a satellite can fall out of the sky on my head at anytime. Maybe I should plan on that.

The odds really aren't very good that you'll ever need to use your gun. Theyre even lower that you'll have to swap magazines, or use a light, or ... So that will simplify it even further. Problem solved. Some people are just silly and like to think about the inconceivable. I even own fire extinguishers, wear a seatbelt, and buy insurance on my home and cars. Can you imagine? Ridiculous.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not saying you shouldn't plan, or wonder what if.
    But.... what if a "flash mob" of 20 ten year olds attack you with baseball bats?
    They outnumber your bullets. And you're not going to look to good on the news, even if it was justified.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Get an XDm9 if you don't want to reload.

And ten year olds aren't that tough

...if cooked properly. :)

:yesway: Nice. Could not help but laugh over this one.

But back to the OP, I actually carry a Serpa holster to prevent this from happening. Was this just a fobus holster or something that does not have a trigger lock or something you have to depress to draw the weapon? Did not see anything really referring to that, but I did skip over some pages.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :yesway: Nice. Could not help but laugh over this one.

But back to the OP, I actually carry a Serpa holster to prevent this from happening. Was this just a fobus holster or something that does not have a trigger lock or something you have to depress to draw the weapon? Did not see anything really referring to that, but I did skip over some pages.
    If someone is familiar with Holsters you are using it is fairly easy to overcome the retention devices... :popcorn:

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    When I am in a crowd and can't avoid having someone behind be I will have my arm behind my weapon. So if he hit my arm it would just hit the butt of my gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a foolproof retention technique, but it only works for me and those like me.

I just fall down on the ground on top of my gun. After that, no one is going to get it without heavy equipment.

Problem solved.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    What about at the urinal? How do you guard your gun there?

Just drop trou down around your ankles or knees like a little kid. Problem solved. Anyone who still comes up behind you like that isn't after your pistol.

Or make a habit of always sprinkling a little warm water from the faucet on your gun before you water the porcelain.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah...

Use a Stall, great idea...

Have your back to a door that when kicked in will not only throw you off balance but probably cause you to hit your head on a wall... :popcorn:
    ...and pee on your shoes..:popcorn:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Maybe they pee sitting down? :toilet2:
    OK...

I got this one covered too...

Soooo....

You are sitting on the crapper peeing like a woman, probably with your pistol in temporary Hammock Carry Mode. When someone rushes your door driving it into your legs, confusing you and delaying your retrieval of the pistol that is no longer in the hammock position but now partially down a pants leg. With the luck you are having probably with the grip down and the barrel pointing up...

So yeah, a cramped stall with absolutely no room to maneuver makes much more sense than standing at a stall...

Top Bottom