• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have been reading here about the danger presented to us by 5 year old girls. Now there is a post where a guy takes someone's gun from him and lays it down for him to look at. These things remind me of why I carry in my front pocket. Way back when I was 19 years old (a long time ago) I worked for a guy who could snatch your gun from your side and there was nothing you could do about it
    He showed me how and now I want to tell everybody. First he saunters up on the left side looking innocent and far away from your gun. With one step to the right he is behind you as he pushes your right hand in front of you by your elbow with his right hand. In the same motion he is reaching around under your left arm with his left hand to grip your right hand in front of you. At the moment he gains your right hand in his left, his right hand drops to your gun gripping it. you are left with your right arm across your torso, with your right hand being held by his left hand from behind. At the same time you are held on the right by your gun! If you spin right, your right arm tightens and stops you short. If you spin left, you are adding torque to his attempt to dislodge your gun. If you drop, you are supported by his left arm under your left arm as it is gripping your right hand, while also adding to the attempt to dislodge the gun. at this point he has all day to unsnap or twist or whatever it takes to gain the gun.
    Now I know that most of you frown on horseplay with guns, but this guy was incorrigible and he could take a gun from anybody he wanted to! I will now hear a hail of macho bravado like "I would like to see him try me!" but trust me..... he can take your gun. He was not a ninja and he was not especially fast or agile, just a regular guy with a technique. Everybody carrying on the right side at the waist should have eyes in the back of their heads and be jumpy as squirrels. If you can decipher my explanation of how its done, then practice it on your wife or older (larger) kids, It's so easy that It will amaze you.
    I know that I will be slow to draw my weapon from a front pocket. I also realize that a gun in the front pocket is not very "concealed". But to take my gun from a front pocket is much more difficult and the guy in question couldn't do it with out taking an a$$ kicking in the effort..... I didn't really have anything important to say, i just wanted to throw this out there.

OK, so after reading this, I began to think about my previous training. I have worked as a Lifeguard, where we practice getting separation from a victim that grabs us in the water, and in mental health, where I have been called upon to physically manage patients who are trying to harm themselves or someone else. From what I am reading, and having not been in this position, it seems like the weakest point to this move is the hand grab. With the right pinky-roll towards the thumb, you can often break the grip someone has on your hand. Once that's free, your hand can reach down to protect your weapon while turning to face your attacker. I'll try this out when I get off work, and see if I run into any snags.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    See the whole point in reviving this thread is that there was an actual physical encounter where the legally carrying firearm carrier reacted forcefully and violently to stop the security guard from attempting to take his firearm in a similar fashion that the OC describes in this thread.

That makes all the difference because there was an actual encounter unlike the controlled subdued attempts to counter the maneuver spelled out in the OC without using full on decisive violent force.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Works great, till I spin, granted does give him torque to get the gun out, but now I am facing him, I simply lock my left arm under his right arm, headbutt him in the nose and then I break his arm at the elbow. Kinda hard to hold my gun with a broken arm, dont ya think?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Works great, till I spin, granted does give him torque to get the gun out, but now I am facing him, I simply lock my left arm under his right arm, headbutt him in the nose and then I break his arm at the elbow. Kinda hard to hold my gun with a broken arm, dont ya think?

If you were able to spin, he was doing it wrong.

Top Bottom