Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK...

I got this one covered too...

Soooo....

You are sitting on the crapper peeing like a woman, probably with your pistol in temporary Hammock Carry Mode. When someone rushes your door driving it into your legs, confusing you and delaying your retrieval of the pistol that is no longer in the hammock position but now partially down a pants leg. With the luck you are having probably with the grip down and the barrel pointing up...

So yeah, a cramped stall with absolutely no room to maneuver makes much more sense than standing at a stall...

Maybe this is why my new office has nothing but single person restrooms. :dunno:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Yeah...

Use a Stall, great idea...

Have your back to a door that when kicked in will not only throw you off balance but probably cause you to hit your head on a wall... :popcorn:

As opposed to standing in the open with your back to everybody while you're holding your penis in one hand(or two, if necessary).:popcorn:

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    The thing I do not like about a stall is being totally blind to the bathroom. At least at the urinal you have side vision and can even look around. It can make your "neighbors" uncommfy but you are not there for their benefit.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    As opposed to standing in the open with your back to everybody while you're holding your penis in one hand(or two, if necessary).:popcorn:
    At least at a Urinal you have the option of Maneuver...
    At least at a Urinal you can turn you head and scan your surroundings...
    Besides it does not bother me to fight with my penis hanging out...

:popcorn:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Maybe they pee sitting down? :toilet2:
    OK...

I got this one covered too...

Soooo....

You are sitting on the crapper peeing like a woman, probably with your pistol in temporary Hammock Carry Mode. When someone rushes your door driving it into your legs, confusing you and delaying your retrieval of the pistol that is no longer in the hammock position but now partially down a pants leg. With the luck you are having probably with the grip down and the barrel pointing up...

So yeah, a cramped stall with absolutely no room to maneuver makes much more sense than standing at a stall...

What? You guys don't lean back against the stall door and put a little arch into it to hit your target?

In the interest of empirical evidence, I just made a trip to our office throne(s) room. The regular stall only has about 3-4" of clearance from the door edge to the front of the bowl, and the door (obviously) swings in. HOWEVER, the handicrapper door swings out and there is plenty of space whether you're a stander or a sitter.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    so your friend can take away someones firearm? does he take into account if they have a backup weapon or not? if not then he may get a very sad surprise one day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looking to revive this thread because of another older thread that was revived about an incident in Georgia that was mentioned in regards to a recent thread about mall security thugs accosting a firearm carrier in a mall in Ft. Wayne.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/228751-fort_wayne_mall.html

Anyway this incident that took place in Georgia back in 2009 had a mall security guard attempt to disarm a legal firearm carrier in a fairly similar manner that was described in the OP of this thread I just revived. Needless to say it didn't turn out well for the security guard.

Click on the link in the first post of the thread below to get the story.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/68028-open_carry_gun_grab_georgia.html

Last edited:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Yeah I realize what your trying to say he would do. As a former corrections officer this move is old and outdated....anyone can get out of it and block it. Your friend is gonna get shot the first time he trys it on someone....

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I bet our friend would have s**t had someone drew a back up gun with they're free hand. Edit* I just realized I posted to this thread before with a similar comment. Opps, sorry about that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yeah...

Use a Stall, great idea...

Have your back to a door that when kicked in will not only throw you off balance but probably cause you to hit your head on a wall... :popcorn:

I know it'll hurt your manly pride but it's not a problem if you're not too manly to sit to pee. :dunno: Gun in your shorts is downright handy. . . .:draw:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Either story, the guy reacted correctly. I keep wondering are mall cops really this dumb

The MCSD Sergeant who the the Special Deputy trainer in 1998 (whose name I can never remember) said he liked to come up behind OCers in the grocery store and get a hand on their firearm before berating them about the hazards of open carrying. It always surprised me that he never got his ass kicked doing that.

When I was attending a karate school in the 80s, one of the big emphases was on basic self-defense techniques. Having been a wrestler in grade and high school, I had a pretty good grasp of balance and grappling issues and it might surprise some people how a couple simple self-defense moves, when practiced until they're reflexive, will work in a wide range of situations.

In firearms training, the IPD cadets were taught to do whatever was necessary to retain control of their sidearm.

Although I don't generally OC, when I do, I generally keep my elbow tucked down over the top of my pistol, or I keep my hand behind or on top of it. Whenever anyone passes behind me, I tend to turn to keep them away from my strong side. Immediate action is donkey kick, knee kick, shin smash while attempting to retain control of the firearm. Off hand reaches for one of the three knives on my off side and commences to slice whatever I can reach. If I'm thrown to the ground, both feet kick whatever they can reach; turn, charge, slice as necessary.

No, I'm not a ninja, and I'm certainly no fighter, but I can still perform those reflexive self-defense moves after 25 years.

Top Bottom