• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Ok, I think you took my message out of context. If I am on the scene where another officer if physically abusing someone, I am going STOP it immediately. I am going to finish the job the right way and I am going to report the abuse to a supervisor. If nothing is done about it, I am going to go to the supervisors supervisor and so on until something gets done. However, if there is a link to an article posted here on INGO about the incident, I am not going to publicly condemn the cop who did that. That is what I mean about dealing with it quietly.

I got that you'd not let someone get away with that, you said so earlier and I have no reason to disbelieve you other than the fact that your'e a JBT. :D

And I wouldn't expect you to discuss things in your department here on INGO.

What I'd like to see, though, is that when these videos show a cop doing something clearly wrong, just say so rather than circling the wagons. Then you leave the cop-bashers with no ammunition and many of us here will come to your defense.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    apparently you have never rehabbed homes and had to pass inspections. you have to have permits in order to repair/remodel/build commercial and residential buildings. only a licensed plumber can pull plumbing permits, same goes for electric. without the proper permits you can not pass final inspection and get approval to occupy the building. therefor you must pay a plumber, regardless if he does the work or you do, to pull the permits for the work to be legal. without the proper permit the city can prevent you using, living in, or selling your building.

BTW, I think the whole thing is crap!

You're right, I never have. Sounds like a form of tyranny to me, albeit a slightly less violent one.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    WOW. If that's all you got, I now understand why you question those with any sort of authority over you....

I know better than to really throw any insults in E5's direction. Besides, I kind of like the guy, even if he has decided not to mix it up with the cops quite as much as before :):

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I got that you'd not let someone get away with that, you said so earlier and I have no reason to disbelieve you other than the fact that your'e a JBT. :D

What I'd like to see, though, is that when these videos show a cop doing something clearly wrong, just say so rather than circling the wagons. Then you leave the cop-bashers with no ammunition and many of us here will come to your defense.

I'm not a cop and I don't think what the officer in this video did was wrong. :dunno:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    no i dont think every cop defended them but the point is it does happen. cops always say they never know what someone might do well guess what we are in the same boat. we never know if we are dealing with a good cop or the good old boy bunch from hollywood. maybe if you guys would get name tags like happy cop and jbt then we would know who we are dealing with and would make everybodys day more pleasant.

Well, I can understand that to a degree. During a training I attended, (I'm sorry but, I cannot currently recall the exact training) we were taught that approximately 3% of people are simply bad people. No matter what we verbalize, we are more than likely going to have to physically take them into custody. In my experience it is closer to 1% than 3%. With that being said (although some make the argument that cops should be exemplary and I agree), I would estimate that 1% of cops are most likely bad. They are people just like everyone else. For every 100 bad cops we get rid of, 100 more come out of the academy.

I would treat cops the same as I treat all people when working and off duty. It's a 99% chance that you are dealing with a good person. I am going to remain somewhat guarded but, overall they are going to get the benefit of the doubt.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Anytime you give a large group of people power over others you are bound to have a small percentage that choose to abuse that power, but that doesn't mean that all are bad. you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Anytime you give a large group of people power over others you are bound to have a small percentage that choose to abuse that power, but that doesn't mean that all are bad. you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Please show me a single example of someone here actually saying that all are bad.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

I have no problem calling it like I see it. However, I will admit more often than not, I simply don't post in a thread in which I disagree with the actions the Officer took. If the video is complete with back round story and the actions of the Officer were blatant, I will call it like that but, if the video is a short "clip" with no back round story, I reserve public judgment because I would not like to be publicly judged like that

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    dude, come on, do I really need to dig up all the LE post,and copy your posts that show your distaste for law enforcement? show me a post where you took the police officers side.

No, you need to show where I said that they were all bad. You made the assertion, now back it up.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't know about "distaste." I dated a female cop once who was pretty darn tasty.
    :laugh:
    url

Top Bottom