• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    most cities through out the country have the same rules

In my neck of the woods (my house is literally in the woods), the local government only cares about their assessments and how much they're going to get in property taxes. As I stated in another thread, my taxes on 27 acres was just under $100 for the year. My house will be included in next years and I expect them to be under $1500 for the year. You can have Marion County.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd much rather live in your woods. I'd tend the targetry and everything.:D

Without a swamp buggy, I won't get my railroad ties set up any time soon. I was looking for mushrooms tonight and got an idea. I need to invent snow shoes that work on swamp mud!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I would much rather be in the woods as well, but it's easier to make money flipping houses in the city.................or at least it used to be.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    WALKING_ON_WATER_Cohasset_Harbor.jpg

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    That was no sucker punch, she saw it coming.
    how do you know she saw it coming? according to leo if you wasnt there then you dont know what happened. and the video doesnt prove anything according to leo. there might be more that the video doesnt show. what i did see was cuffs in the officers hand when he hit her but someone on here said he if he hit her with them there would have been blood . so theres a classic case of the video does not tell the whole story. and btw i think he was right if he did hit her with the cuffs i think it would have been very messy afterwards.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm way late to the party, but I'll just say this before I can warm up some popcorn and read through lashicon's posts.

Could it have been handled a little better? Sure, because both officers were a LOT bigger than that girl, so they could have dropped her to the floor first and a punch wouldn't have needed to be thrown.

Was it justified? Not just yes, but hell yes. Start swinging and expect to get swung on.

BTW, what was that "slap" all about at the beginning? Was it actually supposed to be a slap or was the officer trying to grab a hold of her?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    BTW, what was that "slap" all about at the beginning? Was it actually supposed to be a slap or was the officer trying to grab a hold of her?
    I was wondering myself about his slap. After looking at it again, you can see she is already grabbing on the officer's uniform, near his collar, possibly for his radio. I think, and this is just me thinking, he was trying to push her back so he could finish with the other guy.

My question is, I wonder how many people resisted after this video went off?

She fought the law, and the law won!

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    So what happens in Marion County if you do electrical on your house without a permit? :dunno:
    you can be fined, they can require you to hire a licensed electrician to inspected the work done and pull the proper permits. it depends on the extent of the work done. if your talking changing out some receptacles or switches i wouldn't worry, but technically you supposed to have a license an permit for it

that said, I used to do as much of the work as I could get away with on the houses I flipped, as I suspect most in the business (and home owner) do. I was just pointing that they do have rules and codes against it.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I'm on the record on this thread as saying it looks justified to me. My problem with you guys - and I mean you guys who have posted just upthread - is that all you seem to be able to see is your own point of view.

There are so many of examples that aren't like the one in this thread - where it is clear that sometimes cops go overboard and worse, the twenty other cops stand around and watch. Add that to the times when they don't know they were filmed and then lie for their buddies who were doing wrong, and the film shows they were lying. Add that to the times people have gotten beatdowns for filming.

I'm sure those incidents are a tiny percentage. Can you not see how that's scary to citizens who care about their rights? I don't see near the outrage from cops when their fellow cops are caught completely in the wrong as I do when you think you've been unfairly criticized. Then the passion comes out, and the little verbal jokes and winks to each other about how stupid we citizens are and how we don't understand and how no one understands the hard job you have.

Try getting just as butthurt over your fellow officers overstomping the line as you do when your feewings are hurt and I'll be the first to jump to your defense.

This about covers it.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Repped for your first paragraph.

As to your second paragraph, when one of the sheepdogs turns wolf, you other sheepdogs should turn on him and rip him up and let us see you do it. If he's still in your brotherhood then how are we to know the sheepdogs from the wolves?

You want respect and you don't want to be lumped together with bad cops? I don't blame you. REJECT the wolves in your midst. Be harder on them than we could ever be. Disassociate yourselves from them. As long as some of them still call the wolves among you "brother" don't blame us when we can't tell the difference.

Yes.
    This.
    Damn.
    :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kick
    You can read any 10 random posts on this forum lately and tell how little respect the average citizen has for a cop trying to do his job.

Is there any doubt in your mind WHY this is? :dunno: The bad eggs in your profession who get exposed cause this...

Just based upon my personal experience with friends and acquaintances, I do not believe that INGO is an accurate reflection of the feelings of the average Hoosier, and even less so for the average gun loving Hoosier. I don't believe I have ever run across anyone in real life that hates police officers with the zeal demonstrated here on a daily basis.

Top Bottom