• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    We have seen a few hundred "isolated incidents" of police officers who use their authority unjustly. They are tyrants. The distinction is their position of authority, and this is why they are held to a higher standard than a plumber.
    but it is illegal for you to do your own plumbing per building codes, unless you are a licensed plumber, so doesn't the plumber hold some authority over you?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Ooohhhh yes you do. :D
    There are plenty of countries that don't have American Police.
    China, Cuba, Nicaragua, Mexico, just to name a few.
    Why not try one of them out and get back to us with your learned opinion?

I figured those were the places where you received your training.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Repped for your first paragraph.

As to your second paragraph, when one of the sheepdogs turns wolf, you other sheepdogs should turn on him and rip him up and let us see you do it. If he's still in your brotherhood then how are we to know the sheepdogs from the wolves?

You want respect and you don't want to be lumped together with bad cops? I don't blame you. REJECT the wolves in your midst. Be harder on them than we could ever be. Disassociate yourselves from them. As long as some of them still call the wolves among you "brother" don't blame us when we can't tell the difference.

We do reject the wolves but do it quietly and amongst ourselves. Kind of like an old school family. We don't want our dirty laundry hanging out for the rest of the world to see but, it still needs to be dealt with. We shun them and do what we can to report bad cops to the admin and who ever else will listen but, it leaves a bad taste in our mouths when it's done publicly. It's like the bad apple drags our "family name" (of Police Officer) through the mud. If that doesn't make sense to you, please let me know and I'll try and clarify what I can, trying to keep it short, sweet, and readable.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    but it is illegal for you to do your own plumbing per building codes, unless you are a licensed plumber, so doesn't the plumber hold some authority over you?

I was not aware that it wasn't legal for me to repair my own plumbing.

If plumbers hold some authority that I am unaware of and choose to abuse it, please post some examples and I will be the first one there to condemn it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

If plumbers hold some authority that I am unaware of and choose to abuse it, please post some examples and I will be the first one there to condemn it.

I think that's th bill you recieve when they come over and "repair" something.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    We do reject the wolves but do it quietly and amongst ourselves. Kind of like an old school family. We don't want our dirty laundry hanging out for the rest of the world to see but, it still needs to be dealt with. We shun them and do what we can to report bad cops to the admin and who ever else will listen but, it leaves a bad taste in our mouths when it's done publicly. It's like the bad apple drags our "family name" (of Police Officer) through the mud. If that doesn't make sense to you, please let me know and I'll try and clarify what I can, trying to keep it short, sweet, and readable.

Respectfully, I think that method is a mistake, especially now that everyone has a videocamera on their phone.

When we see you guys circling the wagons, we see the twenty officers who stood around and did nothing.

If two cops pull me over and I smart off and one decides to beat my ass, I should know that it's a rare cop who'd let his partner do that to me without a good reason. I honestly don't feel that way. I think your culture is such that for many cops it's more important to protect that brotherhood than me the citizen. Am I wrong about that?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Respectfully, I think that method is a mistake, especially now that everyone has a videocamera on their phone.

When we see you guys circling the wagons, we see the twenty officers who stood around and did nothing.

If two cops pull me over and I smart off and one decides to beat my ass, I should know that it's a rare cop who'd let his partner do that to me without a good reason. I honestly don't feel that way. I think your culture is such that for many cops it's more important to protect that brotherhood than me the citizen. Am I wrong about that?

Ok, I think you took my message out of context. If I am on the scene where another officer if physically abusing someone, I am going STOP it immediately. I am going to finish the job the right way and I am going to report the abuse to a supervisor. If nothing is done about it, I am going to go to the supervisors supervisor and so on until something gets done. However, if there is a link to an article posted here on INGO about the incident, I am not going to publicly condemn the cop who did that. That is what I mean about dealing with it quietly.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    One bad apple can spoil the bunch in a small group like that but, do you really think that every cop in America came running to their defense?
    no i dont think every cop defended them but the point is it does happen. cops always say they never know what someone might do well guess what we are in the same boat. we never know if we are dealing with a good cop or the good old boy bunch from hollywood. maybe if you guys would get name tags like happy cop and jbt then we would know who we are dealing with and would make everybodys day more pleasant.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

apparently you have never rehabbed homes and had to pass inspections. you have to have permits in order to repair/remodel/build commercial and residential buildings. only a licensed plumber can pull plumbing permits, same goes for electric. without the proper permits you can not pass final inspection and get approval to occupy the building. therefor you must pay a plumber, regardless if he does the work or you do, to pull the permits for the work to be legal. without the proper permit the city can prevent you using, living in, or selling your building.

BTW, I think the whole thing is crap!

Top Bottom