• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Sounds like you had the situation totally assessed. Were you there? :rolleyes:

The long and short of it. She had her hands on the police officers shoulders appearing to try an obstruct the officer from apprehending the other person in the booth. The officer then swung at the girls face, open handed. Afterwards she throws a flurry of fists at the officer. There was another officer there and he should've handled the woman who was obstructing justice. Officer #1 couldn't count on Officer #2 doing his job, and was forced to act and decided to punch the girl in the face. Lets look at the other options. He could've tried to grab her while she's swinging at him, risking injury to himself. He could've gotten out his baton or nightstick and started swinging it risking property damage (if he broke the light for example) or injuring the female suspect. He could've tried mace or a tazer and risked collateral damage by macing bystanders or God forbid missing the girl with the tazer. Punching the girl actually seemed like one of the better options considering the options within the confines of that situation. That place was too busy and crowded to wait for backup.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You mean you don't understand the difference between stopping a rape in progress and acting as "arresting officer, jury and executioner?" Figures.

I would say I'm puzzled or surprised, but I'm not.

Can you imagine trying to have a reasonable conversation with that guy if he was questioning you about something he'd stopped you for?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Just watched the video. I don't know or can perceive what led up to the incident but she was interferring with an arrest of a person. I don't know if I agree with the tactics he used but I am sure he has a great deal of paperwork ahead

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Sort of embarrassing. He obviously had no training on striking. It looked like he tried a biracial stun but missed badly.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    :yesway:
    I'm not out of touch. I'm well aware of how thuggish and power-hungry LE is these days. However, I was not aware that you were given carte blanche to subdue your suspect in any manner you see fit. Guess that explains things a bit. A license to kill and a badge to beat.

The officer was going after one woman while smashing her in to another woman. The lady accross the table was letting him know he was hurting someone not in the fight. He responded with a pop to her face. From the video the cop was in the wrong lets hope it wasnt edited.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom