• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Plumbers have a far more important job than cops. They are responsible for the health and sanitation of the entire nation. I do not see many posts questioning how well they do their job :twocents:.

for some reason, people are very prejudiced towards tyrants.

I have no idea why, it's one of those big mysteries of life.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not out of touch. I'm well aware of how thuggish and power-hungry LE is these days. However, I was not aware that you were given carte blanche to subdue your suspect in any manner you see fit. Guess that explains things a bit. A license to kill and a badge to beat.

So you stand by you claim that it is ridiculous for officers to be trained to street fight?

And please, qualify the information that makes you "well aware of how thuggish and power-hungry LE is these days." I'd like to know how you personally able to assert such claims.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm on the record on this thread as saying it looks justified to me. My problem with you guys - and I mean you guys who have posted just upthread - is that all you seem to be able to see is your own point of view.

There are so many of examples that aren't like the one in this thread - where it is clear that sometimes cops go overboard and worse, the twenty other cops stand around and watch. Add that to the times when they don't know they were filmed and then lie for their buddies who were doing wrong, and the film shows they were lying. Add that to the times people have gotten beatdowns for filming.

I'm sure those incidents are a tiny percentage. Can you not see how that's scary to citizens who care about their rights? I don't see near the outrage from cops when their fellow cops are caught completely in the wrong as I do when you think you've been unfairly criticized. Then the passion comes out, and the little verbal jokes and winks to each other about how stupid we citizens are and how we don't understand and how no one understands the hard job you have.

Try getting just as butthurt over your fellow officers overstomping the line as you do when your feewings are hurt and I'll be the first to jump to your defense.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    you're right.

find me some articles about plumbers who behaved like tyrants and we will commence plumber-bashing. until then why don't we stick to the actual tyrants.
    when was the last time you hired a plumber? have you seen what they charge!!!! and you have to use a licensed plumber in order to pass inspections for building. sounds some what tyrannical to me.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    so if a handful gun owners break the law or assault someone should all gun owners be categorized as thugs and have action taken against us? it works both ways you see.
    the point you are missing is if anyone else does what bad cops do they are arrested on the spot. when cops do it they walk with no charges or very minimal charges. the cop in seattle was never charged. bissard is still free and thats only 2 cases. there are plenty more where those came from. i spent more time in jail for being innocent than these cops have for murder. explain that one to me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    when was the last time you hired a plumber? have you seen what they charge!!!! and you have to use a licensed plumber in order to pass inspections for building. sounds some what tyrannical to me.

I don't like plumbers. I do my own plumbing.

I certainly wish I could remove cops from my life as well. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm on the record on this thread as saying it looks justified to me. My problem with you guys - and I mean you guys who have posted just upthread - is that all you seem to be able to see is your own point of view.

There are so many of examples that aren't like the one in this thread - where it is clear that sometimes cops go overboard and worse, the twenty other cops stand around and watch. Add that to the times when they don't know they were filmed and then lie for their buddies who were doing wrong, and the film shows they were lying. Add that to the times people have gotten beatdowns for filming.

I'm sure those incidents are a tiny percentage. Can you not see how that's scary to citizens who care about their rights? I don't see near the outrage from cops when their fellow cops are caught completely in the wrong as I do when you think you've been unfairly criticized. Then the passion comes out, and the little verbal jokes and winks to each other about how stupid we citizens are and how we don't understand and how no one understands the hard job you have.

Try getting just as butthurt over your fellow officers overstomping the line as you do when your feewings are hurt and I'll be the first to jump to your defense.

When there are cops abusing people and the other cops stand around and let it happen, I personally feel that the cops who did nothing to stop it should be in for the same punishment or worse than the officers who actually did the abusing. We have a duty and we took an oath to stop behavior like that.

As for the rest of it. People call the law enforcement community a brotherhood. There could not be a better analogy for it. Think about it. If your brother was getting picked on, you would raise hell! But, if your brother broke the law and got locked up, it would bother you 100 times more. But, you would most likely not be nearly as vocal about it.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

I have no problem calling a spade a spade, as I have in a couple of threads like this one in the past few days. my problem lies with the people who assume that because one is guilty, they all are guilty.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Swing? No. Push her off of him while she's clawing at his neck and arms? Yes. But it's all what one WANTS to see there, not what actually happens anyway. The haterz want to see a brutal cop mercilessly beating a woman to near death when she was doing nothing wrong. I can't change your mind..... so I'm not going to try.
    Good choice,you won't change my mind. After Officer #2 has a hold of one of the womans arms Officer #1 comes over and delivers the punch to her face.That's the way you do it ,right?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't believe you'd know a tyrant if one bit you on the butt. :n00b:

ty·rant   
    –noun
    a sovereign or other ruler who uses power oppressively or unjustly.
    any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotic

We have seen a few hundred "isolated incidents" of police officers who use their authority unjustly. They are tyrants. The distinction is their position of authority, and this is why they are held to a higher standard than a plumber.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    When there are cops abusing people and the other cops stand around and let it happen, I personally feel that the cops who did nothing to stop it should be in for the same punishment or worse than the officers who actually did the abusing. We have a duty and we took an oath to stop behavior like that.

As for the rest of it. People call the law enforcement community a brotherhood. There could not be a better analogy for it. Think about it. If your brother was getting picked on, you would raise hell! But, if your brother broke the law and got locked up, it would bother you 100 times more. But, you would most likely not be nearly as vocal about it.
    even when cops do break the law other cops come running to thier defense. does hollywood florida ring any bells?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    for some reason, people are very prejudiced towards tyrants.

I have no idea why, it's one of those big mysteries of life.

Here ya go:

Definition of TYRANT

a : an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b : a usurper of sovereignty

a : a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b : one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

Source: Merriam-Webster.com

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I don't like plumbers. I do my own plumbing.

I certainly wish I could remove cops from my life as well. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.
    Ooohhhh yes you do. :D
    There are plenty of countries that don't have American Police.
    China, Cuba, Nicaragua, Mexico, just to name a few.
    Why not try one of them out and get back to us with your learned opinion?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Repped for your first paragraph.

As to your second paragraph, when one of the sheepdogs turns wolf, you other sheepdogs should turn on him and rip him up and let us see you do it. If he's still in your brotherhood then how are we to know the sheepdogs from the wolves?

You want respect and you don't want to be lumped together with bad cops? I don't blame you. REJECT the wolves in your midst. Be harder on them than we could ever be. Disassociate yourselves from them. As long as some of them still call the wolves among you "brother" don't blame us when we can't tell the difference.

Top Bottom