• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I haven't heard that on the news. I did hear 60K feet, which is over 11 miles. 300 miles? I don't think so. 62 miles is considered where "space" begins. 300 would be low earth orbit.
    Ok, bad memory on some of the 6th grade school stuff..lol

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So Biden mouthed off in front of the cameras that he ordered them to shoot the balloon down on Wed. and the Pentagon didn't do it?
    Isn't that insubordination not to carry out a direct order from a superior officer?
    Just exactly who is in charge?
    The dude is obviously demented but I do believe he said shoot it down “when it is safe to do so” meaning, don’t drop it on people on the ground.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It’s fun to make fun of Biden, but I would not get too far out over my skis about “letting the Chinese spy on the US”. I’m sure it was a spy (vs weather) balloon, but I would bet that we sat on it with EW assets to monitor, copy for later study, and then jammed its communications and sensors. We fly EW assets all around china every day to collect signals intelligence, and they just sent us an example of their observation and communication tools. It won’t be the top of the line stuff, but it can give an indication of their spying capability

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Shot down after completing its mission of releasing China Virus 117 over most of the Continental United States. A plan brokered by Hunter and the Big Guy. The Biden Crime Family as well as the Clintons, Obama’s and most of the Leftists Democrats were given preventative inoculations prior to the dispersion of the virus.

Sounds as good as any other explanation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The dude is obviously demented but I do believe he said shoot it down “when it is safe to do so” meaning, don’t drop it on people on the ground.
    And the likelihood of hitting somebody in at least the 2nd least populated state in the union means it should have been downed when we first saw it over CONUS.

And if they dropped it on a house and orphaned kids I'd have no problem giving those kids GI bennies and set them up with free healthcare and education for life as if their parents were serving. A small price to pay.

(and yes I have family in MT so it could effect me)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    And the likelihood of hitting somebody in at least the 2nd least populated state in the union means it should have been downed when we first saw it over CONUS.

And if they dropped it on a house and orphaned kids I'd have no problem giving those kids GI bennies and set them up with free healthcare and education for life as if their parents were serving. A small price to pay.

So, you are willing to drop this on your family in Montana after it’s been neutralized by jamming just to say you shot it down? (BTW how do you know the kids survive?)

And let’s face it, by the time it got to Montana, the only reason to shoot it down there would be for pride.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, you are willing to drop this on your family in Montana after it’s been neutralized by jamming just to say you shot it down? (BTW how do you know the kids survive?)

And let’s face it, by the time it got to Montana, the only reason to shoot it down there would be for pride.
    I'll roll the dice. Yes. Because the odds are just that good. Hell, I'd go out and visit them while they did it. How bow dat? Cash me outside! :stickpoke: :):

No, its not for pride. If its snooping, its snooping ALLLLL the way across the country. You shoot it down in MT so it cant see our sensitive :poop: inWY, SD, IA, MO, IL, IN, KY, WV, etc.
    You are awfully confident in our ability to neutralize that thing given how utterly incompetent our government is these days. Once again given the woke upper echelon, I havent trusted the folks responsible for this stuff since probably 2016. (the after effects of Obama's term screwing over our military)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'll roll the dice. Yes. Because the odds are just that good. Hell, I'd go out and visit them while they did it. How bow dat? Cash me outside! :stickpoke: :):

No, its not for pride. If its snooping, its snooping ALLLLL the way across the country. You shoot it down in MT so it cant see our sensitive :poop: inWY, SD, IA, MO, IL, IN, KY, WV, etc.
    You are awfully confident in our ability to neutralize that thing given how utterly incompetent our government is these days. Once again given the woke upper echelon, I havent trusted the folks responsible for this stuff since probably 2016. (the after effects of Obama's term screwing over our military)

The question is, if it's completely under control via EW measures, and effectively harmless, is there any value in shooting it down and risking it hitting someone?

While our politicians are a joke, there's a significant portion of our service members who are not. We absolutely do have the capability to make sure there's no useful intelligence gathering being done by something like this without shooting at it.

AFAIK it was being swarmed by military aircraft for most all of its journey, and I'd be willing to bet those were EW aircraft.

The real intelligence threat was what it gathered before we saw it. Balloons are obscenely stealthy until they're able to be seen with the naked eye. They move slowly which means most radar will see them as static objects and filter them out. On top of that, fabric doesn't do a good job reflecting radio waves.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Why not shoot it down as soon as it entered our territorial waters in Alaska?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was a deliberate provocation by the ChiComs IMO to test the decision-making process. There was no legitimate reason to do so otherwise they would have sought cooperation first before they floated it over this way If it was for legit scientific reasons as they claimed. How would they react if we had just gone over there and done the same thing?

"Here we are up here floating right through the middle across your country thumbing our nose at you. What are you going to do about it." What the hell were they thinking? It's another game being played and should not be tolerated.

This should not end here. It should be made abundantly clear that any other unauthorized foolish obvious attempts at encroachment over our nation will be viewed as a provocation and as such WILL result in immediate action.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This was a deliberate provocation by the ChiComs IMO to test the decision-making process. There was no legitimate reason to do so otherwise they would have sought cooperation first before they floated it over this way If it was for legit scientific reasons. How would they react if we had just gone and done the same thing?

"Here we are up here floating right through the middle across your country thumbing our nose at you. What are you going to do about it." What the hell were they thinking? It's another game being played and should not be tolerated.

This should not end here. It should be made abundantly clear that any other unauthorized foolish obvious attempts at encroachment over our nation will be viewed as a provocation and as such WILL result in immediate action.

The right response to china should be: "Send all of them you like, they'll be at the bottom of the ocean, and if you don't like it, you should remember that you are pissing off a nation of veterans who just got back from fighting a 20 year war, who has the most advanced military equipment on the planet actively in the hands of our veterans."

Top Bottom