• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't catch the whole detail of it, but FNC anchor (a seasoned pilot) mentioned that "we" knew this balloon was up there, and it's path, well before it came to our border. We could have taken it down over the Aleutian Islands, before it even got to Alaska?

Also said the only reason we are actually talking about this now is because locals in Montana sighted the balloon. Likely the govt would have never told us otherwise?

Since the sighting, none of the appropriate committees of congress had been briefed yesterday... :n00b:

:scratch:

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Has another country ever done this to us before?

I have read that during the cold war we would fly the black supersonic jets high in the air over Russian airspace.

Unsure if we have done it to other countries. But curious if anyone has done it to us.

Feels like someone walking on the public sidewalk and taking pictures of our house when no one else has dared to do that before.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Slightly surprised some hillbilly with a drone didn't flight 93 this thing.

The $800 Billion a year defense budget is just to project power around the world. If anything like this or 9-11 happens here, we're basically on our own, and at the mercy of hoping the perpetrator doesn't mean us too much harm.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Has another country ever done this to us before?

I have read that during the cold war we would fly the black supersonic jets high in the air over Russian airspace.

Unsure if we have done it to other countries. But curious if anyone has done it to us.

Feels like someone walking on the public sidewalk and taking pictures of our house when no one else has dared to do that before.

1675558861719.png

Where do ya think the band U2 got their name?

Last edited:

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Look at the brite side,our illegitimate shot it down and saved us!
    LMAO
    He was boosting on tv about it awhile ago.
    The next election cant come fast enough.
    I just hope we dont get cheated AGAIN!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, I don't think an AK is going to hit anything at 60,000 feet. :):
    I did a quick back of the napkin calculation. Fired straight up, a projectile would need to be going just under 4400 ft/sec to make 70000 feet (and it would just make it, with almost zero velocity) and then only without allowing for atmospheric drag. So probably twice that to arrive at target with any useful velocity

Rail gun, maybe

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also said the only reason we are actually talking about this now is because locals in Montana sighted the balloon. Likely the govt would have never told us otherwise?
    They tell us that it happened 3 times during the Trump administration and the public hadn’t heard anything of that until now. And I guess we have to take “their” word for it because it’s nothing we can verify for ourselves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Exactly, what is the us government hiding. A few 50 cal rounds or whatever caliber is used in these jets these days..idk... could have created slow leaks in balloon to possibly bring it down whole.
    The Biden unit had to receive a burst transmission of its programming for the next two years. Without that programming it didn't know what to do (about anything except ice cream) but after the data dump it knew it needed to destroy the evidence

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone who thinks that a foreign aircraft from an enemy nation (or at least adversarial, if "enemy" makes you queasy) breaching our airspace and likely gathering intel over our sensitive missile silos and military bases
    I believe that is exactly what was allowed to go on for years under the Open Skies Treaty, from 1989 until just a few years ago

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They tell us that it happened 3 times during the Trump administration and the public hadn’t heard anything of that until now. And I guess we have to take “their” word for it because it’s nothing we can verify for ourselves.
    Perhaps that information is classified and they wish to needle Trump in hopes that he will comment and thus be guilty of disclosing classified information?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps that information is classified and they wish to needle Trump in hopes that he will comment and thus be guilty of disclosing classified information?
    Idunno. As I’ve said in other places anything is on the table after the last few years of seeing **** we’ve seen. Why not that too?

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    The Biden unit had to receive a burst transmission of its programming for the next two years. Without that programming it didn't know what to do (about anything except ice cream) but after the data dump it knew it needed to destroy the evidence
    Could be...could be

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    F-22A Raptor from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley AFB. Used an AIM-9 Sidewinder (heat-seeker, been around forever.)

And why waste a Missile, when a couple of rounds of 20mm would have worked, and possibly given a softer landing to permit better exploitation?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm probably wrong, but i thought multiple news media said it was 300 miles up or 30 miles..1 or the other.
    I haven't heard that on the news. I did hear 60K feet, which is over 11 miles. 300 miles? I don't think so. 62 miles is considered where "space" begins. 300 would be low earth orbit.

Top Bottom