• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Exactly, what is the us government hiding. A few 50 cal rounds or whatever caliber is used in these jets these days..idk... could have created slow leaks in balloon to possibly bring it down whole.
    Do you understand how high 60,000 feet is? Our fighters don't fly that high, so it's unlikely that a 50 cal round is going to be feasible, whereas a missile would be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you understand how high 60,000 feet is? Our fighters don't fly that high, so it's unlikely that a 50 cal round is going to be feasible, whereas a missile would be.
    At one point the balloon was reportedly at 47k feet. But anyway, F22 can fly 65k feet.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I realize that. Some type of projectile to puncture it. I'm just shocked a drone wasn't used being they fly that high.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Look at the damn pics... pics posted aren't even the same hardware under it.
    I see what you mean now, and I apologize. The one in post #170 doesn't look right. I've seen other pics that look like the one in #178 though.

For some reason this reminds me of a Moody Blues lyric...

"Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is gray and yellow white
    But we decide which is right
    And which is an illusion"

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So, you're turn. Who said it's no big deal? Unless you're going Trooper route and this is just trolling via meme. The answer is nobody, and you know it. There's a difference between attempting to analyze intent and calling for a proportional response than shrugging it off as nothing. Like in the 5 shot thread, you seem to lose that nuance and simply assign me a position at an extreme instead.
    Anyone who thinks that a foreign aircraft from an enemy nation (or at least adversarial, if "enemy" makes you queasy) breaching our airspace and likely gathering intel over our sensitive missile silos and military bases, and thinks that it shouldn't have been shot down because a cow in the middle of nowhere might get beaned with a solar panel, obviously thinks that it's no big deal. A proportional response to Chinese spy craft in our airspace, and over our heartland, is to just watch it and let it do whatever it is that it's doing? Your position IS extreme.
    So many people in this thread act like it's strength to be a chihuahua barking at everything that moves past your yard. I would suggest things like: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64479712 disagree with that narrative building. Which is a bigger in your face move, floating a balloon or increasing military presence and ability to project force at sea?
    Which one violates territorial integrity of a sovereign nation? Try to keep up.

Put this in a bigger context. ****ing think. Stop reacting to the Chicken Little narrative and partisan politics.
    No, you need to stop and ****ing think. Funny how you keep referencing Chicken Little, when you can't tell when there is an actual potential threat in the actual sky. My position has nothing to do with partisan politics, other than a few jokes and clever memes that I thought I'd share. My concern is the defense of this nation. You act like you know what the Chinese are doing up there, then make your assessment of "prolly not a threat" based on that. I assume the worst of our enemies, especially the CCP, and base my assessment on that.
    Is it a real threat to the US? No.
    Thank you, General.
    I'm also well out of my league
    Well, that's refreshing...and rare. If only you believed it.

:):

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Exactly, what is the us government hiding. A few 50 cal rounds or whatever caliber is used in these jets these days..idk... could have created slow leaks in balloon to possibly bring it down whole.
    20MM Vulcan in HEI is the current combat load on the M61 on most us Jets (Outside the AV-8 and the A-10)

There.. well there isn't much left of ANYTHING if its been hosed down with Vulcan fire....

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    F22 money well spent I feel safe from foreign balloons.

Could a F4 have done the same thing?

I think the F94 was made for killing balloons and UFO’s?

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I'm glad they didn't pop it over land, it could have contained a deadly virus. Did that balloon have anything to do with wanting me to disconnect my adblocker to sign into Twatter? Nice try NSA.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm glad they didn't pop it over land, it could have contained a deadly virus. Did that balloon have anything to do with wanting me to disconnect my adblocker to sign into Twatter? Nice try NSA.
    I got a spam email yesterday about a problem with my Netflix account (I don't have Netflix). I bet it's all related! :tinfoil:

Top Bottom