• Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Everyone had fun but could not shoot the side of a barn from inside.

The Taurus pt 1911 went through ball, gold dot HP, blazer brass, and precision cartridge with out one hiccup.

Over 400 rounds through the Taurus and 100 through the para 6.5 again flawless function and poor accuracy was entirely operator shortcomings.

Back is trashed and kids are on sensory overload.lol

Sad no one made it out because there was plenty of room and beautiful weather.
    take care gang.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

The Taurus pt 1911 went through ball, gold dot HP, blazer brass, and precision cartridge with out one hiccup.

Over 400 rounds through the Taurus and 100 through the para 6.5 again flawless function and poor accuracy was entirely operator shortcomings.

take care gang.

Was the place packed?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Was in Westforths saturday afternoon killing some time and saw the usual crowd in there without a single Hi-Point in the display cases. Andy219 must have bought the last one in stock, with the group having to look at the AK's instead of the Hi-Points.

c what u did andy219!!! U took the last Hi-Point and now the natives are going to have to "upgrade" to AKs. u were not thinking of the poor children and all the bloodshed that will now occur. total fail on your part i think. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    c what u did andy219!!! U took the last Hi-Point and now the natives are going to have to "upgrade" to AKs. u were not thinking of the poor children and all the bloodshed that will now occur. total fail on your part i think. :laugh:

Ahh but when he is sporting the Bejeweled and Glitter Painted Hi-Point he will be setting a whole new trend. Sort of like putting 22" rims on and 87 Olds Cutlass, its stylin . . .

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    No nice group no waiting. Let the range master shoot the wife's para for fun and shared a few Precision cartridge rounds with one of the regulars. He really liked them and his sig was very accurate with them.

Highly recommend them for nice range rounds and they were clean compared to web and blazer brass.

About 2pm it started to get busier but no waiting on the lanes.

Some may not like the place but it was really a good time with the family in a nice facility with plenty of seating to load up and relax.

I will go again when I can.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I bought two new holsters recently, a Fobus and a DeSantis. Both are simple OWB holsters, but man do I dig them! The wife and I are walking around the house sporting 1911s. We live in a very dangerous house...not so much the neighborhood or town, just the house. The basement can be a scary place. I'm glad we are now better prepared.

When I come back from vacation, I am definitely going to check out IDPA.

Any word on Appleseed? I will be gone during the first Porter Co. day, but could perhaps make others.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I bought two new holsters recently, a Fobus and a DeSantis. Both are simple OWB holsters, but man do I dig them! The wife and I are walking around the house sporting 1911s. We live in a very dangerous house...not so much the neighborhood or town, just the house. The basement can be a scary place. I'm glad we are now better prepared.

Any word on Appleseed? I will be gone during the first Porter Co. day, but could perhaps make others.

Have you ever OC'd around Munster? I would imagine that would be a hoot:):

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    take care gang.
    What do you mean? We were over at Winamac waiting for everyone else!!! :laugh: We went both Saturday and Sunday. Went out Saturday, decided I needed a scope, bought scope, went back Sunday to sight it in. :rockwoot: Other than the lady next to me who picked up my brass and then threw it away (:xmad:), good day to be out.

:laugh: Never can be too prepared in those scary houses. I have four rifles sitting beside me right now, and my M&P on my dresser. I'm ready to show that wind outside who's boss!

And, I am super interested in trying IDPA soon, too. Let me know when/where you're going. Is the wife gonna try, too? I'm trying to talk Bubba into trying it, too.

No official word on Appleseed at NPCCC yet. :dunno: It'll be coming, though, and we'll make sure everyone knows. I'm guessing by the response on here that we could fill the line in no time!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    :laugh: Never can be too prepared in those scary houses. I have four rifles sitting beside me right now, and my M&P on my dresser. I'm ready to show that wind outside who's boss!

And, I am super interested in trying IDPA soon, too. Let me know when/where you're going. Is the wife gonna try, too? I'm trying to talk Bubba into trying it, too.

Dangerous, innocuous, mid-day September weather...
    Our bedroom looks like an IRA safehouse.

The wife has expressed interest in IDPA and she is good with the 1911, damn good. We are both looking for organized activities and IDPA and Appleseed both sound really fun.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

take care gang.

Sounds like fun! I totally missed this. I'll get to Kingsbury sometime soon. :D

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone going to Steel Plates at NPCCC this Sat? I've been wanting to try steel for awhile since 1. I haven't shot any competitions, and 2. I'm not a great shot with a pistol. Just curious if anyone is going.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I gotta see what the GFs plans are, but I'd like to make it out. How long do the usually run? Maybe a stop in Chesterton, and then just keep moving towards the lake (bass lake).

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yeah, I'd love to shoot some steel. I don't know anybody that shoots in comp. and I've never done it before, but my mom always told me I make friends easily. Plus I'll be an ego booster for 95% of the guys there if I can make it! Have to be a member or anything to shoot it? Fees? Time it starts? How does it run? Like I said, never done it but am VERY interested!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    If GhostofWinter is late, he will be able to do the highway cleanup instead. Get to see this guy in a orange vest on the side of the road singing working on a chain gang.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom