Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I practiced shooting sideway out the car window driving home. I need to buy a new hat though, and keep the stickers on so I could wear it sideways. The other day i seen a barley used set of dimond grills, I may have to go and pick them up now.

:lol2: Oh snap we best make sure NOT to invite Andy219 to the next MEET & EAT. Since it's gonna be somewhere in PORTER county we might get the 5-0 on us.

It's all Ghost's fault since he started bring that Hi-Point to the shoots. :D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Yo mean they didnt sell you a fancy clip with preloaded hollow points. You dont need a full box...

Unfortunately I opted out of that special, it would of added another 50 bucks to the price, but the clip would have been gold plated. I shouldve taken the deal maybe next time. :):

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    :lol2: Oh snap we best make sure NOT to invite Andy219 to the next MEET & EAT. Since it's gonna be somewhere in PORTER county we might get the 5-0 on us.

It's all Ghost's fault since he started bring that Hi-Point to the shoots. :D

There won't be no 5-0, when I'm in town the po-po go the other way, haha.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just got home. I bought the hi point, they wouldn't negotiate. I do have to say it's one of the ugliest guns I've ever seen, and it's suprisingly heavy. I then stopped at the cigar lounge, showed off my new piece. Melensdad was so impressed with the hi point and said he's gonna trade one of his cheaper guns in and get a hi point for everyone.
    Yes, Andy did bless me by letting me be the first white guy outside of the gunshop to see the HI POINT. Let's just say that I can understand why the bangers love those guns, the balance was superb, the workmanship was impeccable, and the heft clearly would absorb the recoil of a Howitzer. Not sure how well it would carry in a CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe, I have to think that if it came in touch with the real leather the gun might somehow degrade. Clearly this is a gun that deserves a real 'pleather' holster.

Oh, and as for selling off one of my Combat Masters to buy a HI POINT for everyone, well that was just a passing idea, sort of like the way a fart passes in the wind :D

I actually had not held a HI POINT before, I've seen several but never held one. It was amazingly heavy. The finish on the gun, upon close inspection, was actually quite good, evenly applied and appeared durable, it looked like some sort of painted finish rather than a blued finish. The magazine, a single stack, did not drop free and had a big odd shaped plastic "pad" on the base and was made of blued steel. Sights were 3 dot, with the front dot being a different color than the rear dots. It also came with a Ghost Ring rear sight if you wanted to change from 3 dot to Ghost Ring. There was an unusual trigger lock, made of plastic and metal, that allowed you to put your own padlock on the gun but also served as a safety lock and required a special (included) key to remove the lock.

Impressed? Not really, but honestly for the price it does appear to be a reasonable value and for a range gun, casual shooter I don't see any real problems with it. I'm not going to get one for my nightstand or slip one in my belt and carry it Mexican style, but I would say I have a more favorable opinion of them now that I've actually handled one.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Wow, that was actually a pretty awesome review of my new extreme Hi Point. But a pleather holster. Actually a pleather holster may work as long as its designed to look like a blue dyed Ostrich skin with chrome hardware, just to give it a little zing. ;)

I'm thinking about getting one of those gold paint pens and drawing a real nice design down the sides of the barrel. Just to give it that engraved look, then to top it off and really blow peoples minds. Some real top of the line immitaion mother of pearl grips.

I could just see it now, my very own BBQ gun. :@ya:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    A BBQ Highpoint would be awesome!! Better yet, lets all buy one and have a decorating party. You know, like at church camp with yarn, glitter, paste, and paper plates....lol

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    My daughter can make you all a very pretty lanyard with beads and charms. Shea also has an original bedazzler kit.

I think gold or chrome bumper paint would really go great on them.

I think krazykolors has some nifty candy apple metallics you might try.

Man I am thinking ghostflames on a carbine might be just my speed.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Let's see what I have to do to fit in around here...

Sell Glock 22 +450
    Buy HiPoint -180
    Loaded Clip -50
    Custom Pleather Holster -40
    Paint pen -5
    Krazy glue -5
    Assorted glitter, rhinestones, etc -10
    Used fake chrome grill from EZ pawn -100

And after all that I still have $60 to the good to buy some 40's!! Sure wish I had heard about these fine weapons before tonight!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It's kinda like buying those oven mitt making kits that you get a plastic grid with stretchy fabric loops to work with. You work hard, earn your allowance, buy the kit, work hard again and then what do you have to show for it....

well, a really crappy oven mitt.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let's see what I have to do to fit in around here...

Sell Glock 22 +450
    Buy HiPoint -180
    Loaded Clip -50
    Custom Pleather Holster -40
    Paint pen -5
    Krazy glue -5
    Assorted glitter, rhinestones, etc -10
    Used fake chrome grill from EZ pawn -100

And after all that I still have $60 to the good to buy some 40's!! Sure wish I had heard about these fine weapons before tonight!

With the $60 you have just enough for a "dime bag" or a "c-pipe" so you can then it in with the natives!

Hey Andy u gonna bring that Hi-Point to the next Meet & Shoot? I would like to feel it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's kinda like buying those oven mitt making kits that you get a plastic grid with stretchy fabric loops to work with. You work hard, earn your allowance, buy the kit, work hard again and then what do you have to show for it....

well, a really crappy oven mitt.

Don't be jealous that the boy are not inviting you to the girly girl decorating gun party. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom