• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bob I think 30-35% is standard for Indiana. I was thinking about 30% on the front and 20-25% on the back.

Car-Teks on US41 (west side of the road, about 1/3-1/2 mile south of US30) came very highly recommended by a professional auto-restorer.

I talked with them, they have 5% limo tint, 20% and 35%. They have regular and ceramic in all 3 tints. Ceramic is roughly $240, regular about half that price if I remember correctly.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    What a failure.
    [video=youtube_share;ell2lZPWxH0]http://youtu.be/ell2lZPWxH0[/video]

Nice tank but it's a one of a kind which very few will ever be able to re-create. :faint:
    Unlike this project which is trying to create a motorized LEGO tanks for the masses.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Looked around on Al Gore's inter-webs and found out that the ceramic is claimed, by virtually every source, to be better at blocking heat, blocking UV rays, lasting longer, blah blah blah

I will probably go with 35% ceramic all the way around.

I've had ceramic on my Mazda for at least 5 years...5% rear and 20 front. Definitely better to pay for the premium stuff when it comes to the actual film.

I used to have 5 all the way around except windshield on a previous car. With a properly-fitted sun shade on the windshield, that car never got above 75 degrees inside when parked, even in direct CA sun on 110 degree days.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Oh shut up. Snopes is a leftist website that has a history of protecting Democrats by OMITTING factual information.

The reality is that Al Gore was instrumental in the creation of ARPANET for the US Department of Defense back in the 70's. But he didn't invent it either. This kind of set up the "notion" of what the internet is now, but people refused to believe it catching on and it kind of faded away. But it was a pre-cursor to the "internet" as we know it today.

And you will notice that I did not claim that Al Gore said he created the internet.

And you will notice that I did not claim that Al Gore invented the internet.

I have consistently said that I checked Al Gore's inter webs. So when you ATTEMPT to prove me wrong, at least make a reasonable effort of doing some research based on what I have written. Now go back to the wimmin's bathroom and finish your sit-down potty break.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." How is this false?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man special effects have come a long way...
    [video=youtube_share;7EqYkCsxzXc]http://youtu.be/7EqYkCsxzXc[/video]
    L.A. Takedown (1989 movie)
    vs

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." How is this false?

That is not false.

Al Gore said that on CNN.

It is widely documented.

But, liberal apologists like SNOPES, as well as wimmin like Jedi, will note that that phrase does not specifically mean that Al Gore "invented" the internet, which is the question that Jedi looked up.

Being involved in the Senate committee that sets up the structure of something, but doesn't actually build it, is not, in fact, "inventing" something. He was, more accurately involved in ARPANET.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've had ceramic on my Mazda for at least 5 years...5% rear and 20 front. Definitely better to pay for the premium stuff when it comes to the actual film.

I used to have 5 all the way around except windshield on a previous car. With a properly-fitted sun shade on the windshield, that car never got above 75 degrees inside when parked, even in direct CA sun on 110 degree days.
    You haven't run afoul of the popo with that tint?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom