• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have heard good things about Car Teks as well, I was also refered to Rainbow Tint in Hammond. Rainbow Tint is $150 for the whole car, plus windshield strip, but I'm pretty sure he only uses film, no ceramic. Car Teks was $140 for the car, plus an extra $20 I believe for the windshield, assuming that was for film tint as well. Both have a lifetime warranty on fading, cracking, discoloration, etc. Not sure I really want the windshield, and 50/50 trying to decide if I want to go ceramic. Leaning towards Car Teks right now.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I was looking at the tinting windows thing for a travel trailer to keep it cooler inside out in the Arizona desert... I don't think I would want the possible problems doing the windows in the Suburban... There's enough problems with running camera's, gps, or radar detectors throughout the different State laws you got through when traveling... Some states won't let you put anything on your windshield so I've been moving towards putting the gps and cams etc on the dash just in case....

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    :facepalm:
    But jedi would have to get permission from GG 1st to let you do that and getting that permission is .... ;)
    He doesn't listen to me, anyways. :rolleyes:
    You haven't run afoul of the popo with that tint?
    I had an '87 Cutty Supreme in HS (senior year, 2000-2001), never got bothered with the 5% I had on it. I have 20% on my Grand Prix (now it's faded, it's 10 or so years old) and have only been bothered a couple times. Once in Chicago, I had a receipt made saying it was removed at a shop & that was done. More recently on a "fishing" expedition from Hobart. Nothing came of that, either, but maybe boobs was the reason.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anybody know the blue book values on a
    [h=1]S&W 38 Military & Police (Model of 1905 - 4th Change) 5in barrel[/h]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    He doesn't listen to me, anyways. :rolleyes:

I had an '87 Cutty Supreme in HS (senior year, 2000-2001), never got bothered with the 5% I had on it. I have 20% on my Grand Prix (now it's faded, it's 10 or so years old) and have only been bothered a couple times. Once in Chicago, I had a receipt made saying it was removed at a shop & that was done. More recently on a "fishing" expedition from Hobart. Nothing came of that, either, but maybe boobs was the reason.

Oh please not more Hobart issues. Dans got infractions had enough on his plate. Plus see are now on the hammond jbt issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom