• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Oh, and I think Andy wanted to see photos. I'm going to hold off on photos of the exterior until I get the windows tinted. But I'll let you peek at some of the woodwork, which is exceptional if I do say so myself. I love this wood. Its Ash.
    Who's doing your tint? Film or ceramic? Light %?

Anybody available to torque my butt stock and free float on wed or later this week, or have the tools I can borrow shoot me a PM.
    I have the tapco AR tool and a torque wrench, you're welcome to borrow them if you can meet in Lake Co. I can help you too, but unfortunately the top of my workbench is press board so I can't torque down or the vice might rip out.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well a friend of mine I served with came through and brought his tools to my house. We got my first build tightened down and low pro gas block in place till my clamp on front sight gas block comes in. Fired 10 rounds with no issues. Didn't shoot for accuracy just function at this time.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I think my Arsenal SLR-101 turned out amazing. Cerakoted graphite black and Battleship Grey by The Drakes Camo Customs.

That looks really good. Do you get the inside of the rifle cerakoted or just the outside.

How much would they charge to do a glock 19 slide in that battleship grey or a little darker grey

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The internals have all been done as well. The Battleship Gray is darker than it looks, the camera flash makes it look lighter. Give The Drakes Camo Customs a call at (219) 713-2947, tell him Andrew sent you and he will prolly give you friend pricing. I can't tell you exactly what it will be. He did just end a Slide Special. He may give you it at the special price if you choose a color he has in stock.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    The internals have all been done as well. The Battleship Gray is darker than it looks, the camera flash makes it look lighter. Give The Drakes Camo Customs a call at (219) 713-2947, tell him Andrew sent you and he will prolly give you friend pricing. I can't tell you exactly what it will be. He did just end a Slide Special. He may give you it at the special price if you choose a color he has in stock.

Cool thanks.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was driving down 95th passed the Dan Ryan coming home from work. There was a small red car with two men in it ride in the lane to my right bumpin along. We were stopped at a light. As the light turned green, he started to roll down the window. I though "oh great". The car sped out in front of me and he pointed out the window to a guy wearing a blue twins jacket standing on the corner across the street. He yelled something at him then started doing the trigger finger thing at him as he drove by. The guy in the blue didn't have a very pleasant look on his face. I was like "God bless Chicago!"

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This is my alternate alternate route... A guy got shot on my alternate route. Until the ramp off the Bish at 103st is rebuilt. Maybe I'll see if 103st is reopened all the way through yet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Who's doing your tint? Film or ceramic? Light %?
    I dunno. I'm going to talk to the guy who did most of the restoration work on my 67 Kaiser, he told me he refers people to someplace in Schererville.

As for the % of light, probably a lot. I do not like the 5% limo tint look, that is just too dark. Also the darker the tint the worse it is for dark night driving, and I tend to do a lot of driving at night. I'm guessing 50% on the rear sides/back. Might have a lighter tint on the driver & passenger front windows? Or not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom