Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Granted since no one died in sure the attys will work out a deal to plea down to something less.
    Plus based on other cases and how the system works they will be out on parole before you know it.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Life in prison is a waste of time, man power, resources, etc.
    Should they be convicted a public hanging would be better and leave the bodies in a visible place for all to see.
    This would send a very strong message to the rest.

Yep. Discipline and Punish by Michel Foucault is an interesting read on this subject. Public execution can be a very effective tool.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    nerd help please!! picked up a laptop from work (free!) ibm thinkpad t42. it will "connect" to the interwebs but will not browse, keep getting dns server error (hardwired or wireless) if i look at activity, it's sending request's out but recieving nothing back.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    nerd help please!! picked up a laptop from work (free!) ibm thinkpad t42. it will "connect" to the interwebs but will not browse, keep getting dns server error (hardwired or wireless) if i look at activity, it's sending request's out but recieving nothing back.

have you unplugged your wireless router?

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN

Your router's DHCP isn't working properly, i bet you got a 169.254.x.x IP address (APIPA). Try resetting your router, or simply hardcode an unused IP address. Make sure you specify the gateway and DNS servers as well.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You need to clear the IP address from the network adapter TCP/ip settings by choosing assign automatically for the IP and DNS server.

Is my guess.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    there are THREE relay's for the cooling fan's on that vehicle. all in the same fuse box underhood. that being said, i replace a LOT of bcm's (body control modules) on those for the same/similar issues.
    Thanks, is that under the center console?

About your laptop, these jokers might want to actually verify your ip and NIC settings before tossing out random advice... Due to the fact you got it from work, it's likely a manual setting problem in the adapter(s) properties. Start with the hard wired connection first. Make sure the ipv4 properties are set to dhcp auto for ip and dns.
    If it says "connected" get the status/properties and tell me the ip, and gateway/router - verify you can ping the gateway/router ip from a cmd window (command prompt "ping 999.999.999.999" and press enter where 9's are your router ip)
    Or, just bring it over and i'll fix it while you work on my car...
    -d

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

ALERT ****** ALERT ******* ALERT ****** ALERT

JEDI was injured today while going to work.

He was in the elevator of his building and a busty young woman came into the elevator. Jedi was looking at her chest. The girl said: "Would you please Press 1"

So he did.

Jedi woke up at Northwestern Medical Center with two black eyes, a broken index finger and he may be facing sexual assault charges.

ALERT ****** ALERT ******* ALERT ****** ALERT

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom