UPS... Just wow. RIP Kibler Colonial, I loved you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    iu

Having worked in a UPS hub for a couple of years back in my mostly misspent youth, I'm not shocked.

Sorry for your loss.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It almost seems like it would have to be malicious, with the fragile sticker and all. I don't understand how it's possible without intention.
    I could see it being an accident... at least back in my day, something like that would have been transported around a hub in a bulk cart (smaller version of the luggage train you see at the airport). Steel cart, steel beams and supports with narrow passages and low clearance... I could see it getting knocked off and caught between the cart and a hard place.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    I could see it being an accident... at least back in my day, something like that would have been transported around a hub in a bulk cart (smaller version of the luggage train you see at the airport). Steel cart, steel beams and supports with narrow passages and low clearance... I could see it getting knocked off and caught between the cart and a hard place.
    Certainly possible. It's frustrating, it meant a lot to me and the guy I was sending it to, he's elderly and unable to complete one on his own. I was really looking forward to seeing him enjoy it.

2tonic

Master
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Certainly possible. It's frustrating, it meant a lot to me and the guy I was sending it to, he's elderly and unable to complete one on his own. I was really looking forward to seeing him enjoy it.

Not to mention a beautifully figured piece of wood, that can't be replaced.
    How did they even have the nerve to deliver it, as the damage is obvious.
    They should have spared you the pain of seeing this catastrophe, and offered to reimburse the value.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    Don't know, seems like the Kibler crates should be able to hold up to reasonable treatment. Without using a heavier grade ply or reinforcing the outside somehow I can't think of a more reasonable way.
    View attachment 383163
    I stand corrected. That pic almost appears to be a totally different construction than the photos posted above. Or my eyes are just that bad after only 2 beers...

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    I stand corrected. That pic almost appears to be a totally different construction than the photos posted above. Or my eyes are just that bad after only 2 beers...
    Exact same box design and builder, no idea how many kits Jim has sent out but I've never seen or heard about one snapping like that. Here's a photo of it from above, you can see the cut slots in the crossboards for the barrel and stock to be supported during transit. Looks like a clean break right on the center crossboards, that'll take some force to snap the 1"x4" sides. Crazy.1000010699.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    No that is just a danged shame! Such a beautiful rifle, replacement cost cannot truly replace what was lost..UPS need's to hand make another rifle...Gosh, that is a crime!!

Top Bottom