• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Hmmm. Perhaps a cheaper beater is in order then.

Having complete **** cars is really fun. Driving it like a rental and tossing it once the first $100+ repair is in order makes for some good times.

Once it's done for it makes a great target.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Randomly, I placed a pickle into the pineapple salsa I was making. OMG, so good, completely changes the flavor. I highly suggest it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    In all honesty I like the Lyman Press kits. I really don't like the Lee kits, mostly because i don't like the lee presses. The lee presses just feel more flimsy and have to much wobble in the handle. Lee dies are ok, but to get started, you don't need dillon or RCBS dies.

I love this one. Had this exact kit been around when I got into reloading, I would have bought it. Unfortunately I started off piecing together a worse setup that cost me more money. There is a thread on my set up somewhere.

Lyman T Mag Expert Kit "Deluxe FREE S&H 7810142, 7810146. Lyman Gunsmithing and Reloading Equipment.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'd be there.

What do you think of the Hornady LnL as a starter kit? Cabelas has them cheap.
    Used to have a Dillon 550b, now have a Hornady LnL.

Both are good. Honestly you could flip a coin between the two. The LnL has some advantage points, the 550b has some advantage points.

For those who have never run a progressive all I have to say is DO NOT BE AFRAID of them. Buy one, you will learn to use it very quickly and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

* I would not recommend a progressive for precision rifle, etc. But for pistol, for 3-gun type volumes, for fun, etc then go with a progressive.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Love my Dillon Square D progressive for pistol reloading.. In the past I have used a Hodge podge of single stage stuff to turn out precision type rounds for my bolt guns but I'm getting ready to buy another progressive for feeding the AR's and it will probably be a Hornady... because of a slightly better price than the Dillon...

As far as Single stage reloading presses I would suggest a o style press over a c style press especially if you are going to reload rifle rounds through it. The c style press flex's and therefore will change the specs on your sizing and bullet depth from round to round in rifle reloading.

Now on another note I think I'll leave this here...

Therese

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I would not mind teaching a reloading class.

Used to have a Dillon 550b, now have a Hornady LnL.

Both are good. Honestly you could flip a coin between the two. The LnL has some advantage points, the 550b has some advantage points.

For those who have never run a progressive all I have to say is DO NOT BE AFRAID of them. Buy one, you will learn to use it very quickly and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    * I would not recommend a progressive for precision rifle, etc. But for pistol, for 3-gun type volumes, for fun, etc then go with a progressive.

I'll help for beer.
    Sound advice from the melen on that. I'm a Dillon guy all the way.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I need a class as well. And equipment.

Good luck finding powder. :crying:
    Brand of presses are like religion. They all have their fanatics.
    Best advise I can give you before you buy anything is to try them out.
    NWI INGO members have I think all the progressive (RCBS Pro 2000, Hornandy LNL, Dillion ???) as well as the single stage ones (RCBS, Lee, Hornandy, Dillon).
    Most of the reloaders (myself included) would not mind having you over to try it out.

What you may find out is you may like the features of say the Dillon but once you try it it just may not feel right vs the RCBS or the Lee or the Hornandy and vise verse. Before you invest that much money give them a test run.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom