• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Okay, this is funny. I just decided that mine needs to lave the stable. Let me know if you are serious otherwise this will be hitting the classified section. I have a bunch of shellplates, die heads and other APS related accessories to go with it.

IMG_20131005_143043.jpg

PM me a price.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Let me know when you're planning to go. We could take the '67 impala and give them a little hydraulic demonstration and show THOSE PEOPLE what we're all about.

Ya do know before the year is out Jedi will have to go to that place right?
    To do the Berry's Group Buy stuff.

PM me a price.

:nono: I will give you + "more" just so it does NOT go to the snob!!!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Jedi (or anybody else), I work spitting distance from kempf's. If you want me to pick up anything let me know. I don't always get out of work before they close, but I usually get there once a week.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, it was 3-7 PM. Though Ray said he may go to 8 PM. Last time I think they actually ran out. But I'm sure he's correcting that by ordering more ingredients.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks but too late.
    We ordered Pizza from Marcos Pizza next to Family Video and got a free movie so we are staying put.

BTW :nono: Marcos Pizza for me! It was OK but they must use MSG products like Pizza Hut cause right now I'm see stars and have a massive headache!

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    You keep your red and green toys.
    Big Boys use Blue.

That's where I'm headed. Nothing wrong with, the press itself, but the APS strips are killing me. I can't find the primers I need so I reload them. No problem. Except I reload 1k+ at a sitting, so it becomes a problem. Enough times reloading the APS strips and they wear out, then they drop primers into the priming mechanism and the whole thing comes to a hault.

I think a 1050 and a 650 are gonna be coming home soon. I really want to see if I can configure them to share a bullet/case/primer collator. Put the presses on either side of the table with the feeders mounted between them.

Question: how do I value the entire press and accessories? Add up all the MSRP's and subtract a percentage? What's a fair way to figure the price? I looked on fleabay but am not seeing any of these to base as a secondary market value.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I withdraw my request ... let Jedi have it. Make sure you add a percentage after you total the MSRPs. He'll love it. I just ran through a ton of emails and PMs and remembered that I was leaning "blue" anyway.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I bought my Square D Blue press in 1986... had a issue with the priming system in 2006 and called Dillon about it, they asked me to send the press to them and sent me a call tag for it... 2 weeks later a new press showed up at no charge...

I will be adding a 650XL in the coming months... blue all the way....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I broke my ram on my 550 and Dillon shipped me a brand new one, asked me what brand primer I was using at the time, told them CCI and they told me NEVER to ever use CCI primers. Never had a problem with that press again.

A couple years ago I picked up a Hornady L-N-L and honestly like it a bit better, but you will never get me to say a bad word about Dillon. I've never needed customer service with Hornady, but from what I have heard, their customer service is every bit as good as Dillon. The L-N-L press is better than the 550, probably just about equal to the 650, maybe a bit lower capacity than the 650.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi... get what you want.... it is America you know....

but I like blue and that is why I like blue....

On another note....

Anyone out there own a Ruger Blackhawk convertible in the 45acp/LC or 38/357mag/9mm versions ?

I picked up one of these in the 357/9mm convertible model and it's awesome, very accurate... Probably better than most of my other handguns. I fired 18 rounds of 9mm in my loads and there was a large whole down there... but then I got perplexed...

I couldn't put anymore of my 9mm loads in the cylinder and completely seat them.... I could still put factory loads in her and fire them but no more of my stuff...

Sooo I got back home and measured the cases to see if there was something off on these rounds and in some cases they were a bit smaller in diameter or length than the factory ones were.... The 9mm stuff went through my Beretta without a problem...

Now being a bit inquisitive I decided to run a 38 caliber cotton mop through the chambers and now everything seats in the cylinder just fine...

Anybody have a idea of what I am missing here because I don't get it.... Cotton isn't a brass brush and shouldn't take anything of restrictive material out of the chambers...

What you guys think ?

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    :blahblah:
    where are the YELLOW fanatics to tell us their press is better...
    another 9 vs 45 vs ford vs chey debate.
    c what u started SNOB!!!

I don't know much about colors yet. I guess I need to hang around some reloaders. .40 and Dodge are options I chose every once in a while. JFWY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom