• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I need to take the range safety class at Isaak Walton in Shelby on Sunday. They say they are offering it on Sunday the 6th during the monthly trap shoot at Noon. Does that mean the class is at noon or the class is after the trap shoot that is at noon? Any members have some insight?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't know much about colors yet. I guess I need to hang around some reloaders. .40 and Dodge are options I chose every once in a while. JFWY

There are 4 major reglious cults in reloading land.

Dillion = Blue
    RCBS = Green
    Hornandy = RED
    Lee = Yellow

Each will tell you that their cult is the one and one true GOD to reloading.
    Each have their pros and cons depending on what you want to do and the type of reloading you are looking to do
    - single caliber large production
    - multiple caliber large production
    - single caliber, custom rds (ie. low production)
    - multiple calibers, custom rds
    - etc...

On INGO we are infected with the blue and red cults by far.
    The THR - Powered by vBulletin has a large following of the GREEN cult.
    I have yet to find a website for the YELLOW cult they seem to be everywhere and now where.

GB said it OK: Get what you like.
    Jedi will say: Get what you like, join that color cult and bash the rest! :ar15: :)

In all seriousness if you can try all the colors out by going to someone or group of someones who have them so you can see and feel what is right for you. It will all end up being what 'feels' right to you.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    There are 4 major reglious cults in reloading land.

Dillion = Blue
    RCBS = Green
    Hornandy = RED
    Lee = Yellow

Each will tell you that their cult is the one and one true GOD to reloading.
    Each have their pros and cons depending on what you want to do and the type of reloading you are looking to do
    - single caliber large production
    - multiple caliber large production
    - single caliber, custom rds (ie. low production)
    - multiple calibers, custom rds
    - etc...

On INGO we are infected with the blue and red cults by far.
    The THR - Powered by vBulletin has a large following of the GREEN cult.
    I have yet to find a website for the YELLOW cult they seem to be everywhere and now where.

GB said it OK: Get what you like.
    Jedi will say: Get what you like, join that color cult and bash the rest! :ar15: :)

In all seriousness if you can try all the colors out by going to someone or group of someones who have them so you can see and feel what is right for you. It will all end up being what 'feels' right to you.

Thanks! I would be looking at doing .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 7mm Rem, and .223 in small lots. Looking to to do more precise rounds for long distance marksmanship. Round counts may only be 30 to 60 rounds of each at a time. Been talking with a buddy who is thing of getting into it too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks! I would be looking at doing .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 7mm Rem, and .223 in small lots. Looking to to do more precise rounds for long distance marksmanship. Round counts may only be 30 to 60 rounds of each at a time. Been talking with a buddy who is thing of getting into it too.

Jedi is not an expert but based on that you want a single stage or turret press at most.
    GB and melensdad can give you more help on this. Or go to the proper channel here on INGO.
    Jedi has a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker that works well for those rounds should Jedi even do them.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    try resetting the browser.... internet options, advanced. then apply both options, then restart the browser...

This will put the browser back to stock and will remove any cookies/settings you might have made or a website might have made to it...
    oRRRRRR just get a MAC and never worry about it again!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nobody told me I was going to pay for a membership somewhere and not get to use the membership.... a to the training thing... It would be nice if they told their members that they had to do things....

I'm going to have to put the Gunbunnies Ranch in soon....

Koutsevil, for precision low volume reloading pretty much what Melensdad said... Redding is a solid company, I use thier micrometer type case cutter for precision stuff and thier dies... For precision stuff you want to weight each charge, and hand set primer depth along with bullet depth, etc... When getting a single stage press for this type of reloading you should get a O type press. A C type press will flex while resizing and possibly in bullet setting. Precision reloading is just that precise..

Now for small or large production with very good consistency and large round counts I go with Dillon... otherwise I actually do have a green O press on the bench for precision.

I'm a anti Lee guy though... had 5 sets of dies from Lee that were out of spec... didn't look back....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Darkkevin, I've removed viruses on MAC's before also.... just saying....

and my 1200.00 PC runs circles around the same priced MAC... when editing GB posters and video....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom