Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    I only have one more bottle of this "best wine in the world"
    GermanWineBottleLabel.jpg

Jedi's is the 2002 edition and THERE IS NO MORE AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!!

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

SO NOT FAIR!!!!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Does Valpo Blythes or anyone else in the area stock CZ?

I've wanted a 75 for a long long time, but have only once handled one, maybe 5 years ago at a Indy 1500 show but it was the wrong variant. I haven't ever seen another in person.

I don't want to order one before fondling it.

I'm thinking GM might have CZ, but I swore off GM a long time ago.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    My buddy is looking to become a member at the Griffith izzak Walton.. any one looking to sponsor someone please let me know.

Buddy is a 65 year old hunter from Illinois who really wants to find a place to sight in his deer rifle that's not son far away. (Works in Gary)

I see there's a membership meeting on 10/16/13. Maybe he could become a member then.?

Edit: I might be looking to join as well if I can scrape up the $100 bucks soon.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Does Valpo Blythes or anyone else in the area stock CZ?

I've wanted a 75 for a long long time, but have only once handled one, maybe 5 years ago at a Indy 1500 show but it was the wrong variant. I haven't ever seen another in person.

I don't want to order one before fondling it.

I'm thinking GM might have CZ, but I swore off GM a long time ago.

I got a few CZ 75's in stock.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    On a 15 day suspension starting October 20th. Which happens to be one day before the start of a pay period. Which means instead of getting 3 paychecks in November I'll only get 2. Which sucks because that 3rd paycheck would've brought me current and back to where I was before the 3 months sick leave I took. Oh well, back to the hole I go.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My buddy is looking to become a member at the Griffith izzak Walton.. any one looking to sponsor someone please let me know.

Buddy is a 65 year old hunter from Illinois who really wants to find a place to sight in his deer rifle that's not son far away. (Works in Gary)

I see there's a membership meeting on 10/16/13. Maybe he could become a member then.?

Edit: I might be looking to join as well if I can scrape up the $100 bucks soon.

PM Groovatron as he is/was a member last year. I have not seen/heard from him in a while.

On a 15 day suspension starting October 20th. Which happens to be one day before the start of a pay period. Which means instead of getting 3 paychecks in November I'll only get 2. Which sucks because that 3rd paycheck would've brought me current and back to where I was before the 3 months sick leave I took. Oh well, back to the hole I go.

u never did say what happened?
    :dunno:

Jedi, that wine is WAY past due. Dump it down the drain. Seriously.

This type of win goes bad?
    If I drink it will I die, get sick?

Do you carry something similar? Taste wise?

@All
    Anyone seen/hear from Bill B

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Forget leaving this thread.....I just ignored Jedi! :rockwoot:

My boss was saying his friend out of Valpo makes custom holsters. Not sure what Company it is. Anyone know about this?

Im looking for a holster for my M&P 40 that will allow me to keep my Streamlight connected.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Forget leaving this thread.....I just ignored Jedi! :rockwoot:My boss was saying his friend out of Valpo makes custom holsters. Not sure what Company it is. Anyone know about this? Im looking for a holster for my M&P 40 that will allow me to keep my Streamlight connected.
    I got a custom owb holster and a gun belt from a guy out of Michigan that frequents IN gun shows. I think it was jack Russell leather or something. It took him 20 minutes while I watched and he set it up exactly how I wanted it. Highly recommended if he's at a show local to you or you happen to be in his area.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :nono: I had the 2nd to last bottle 2 years ago this last one I'm saving for.... :dunno:
    What I need to do is fine of a similar taste.
    Reislings are inexpensive wines. Typically $6.99 to $15.99. Some expensive bottles will hit the $40 price range.

They are easy to drink wines, excellent paired with spicy asian foods, and definitely not designed for long term storage. They are table wines, so open it up, if its good then drink it. If its turned then you probably didn't lose too much $ because it was probably cheap to begin with.

A couple of the most drinkable, to my taste, are Chateau ste Michele and even better is Columbia Winery Cellermaster Reserve. Both are modestly sweet, easy to drink, great with a meal. Both are about $10. Buy them at the supermarket.

This type of win goes bad?
    If I drink it will I die, get sick?
    YES those wines go bad. Rieslings get WORSE WITH AGE and they do go bad.

Since you are already sick, you probably can't get much sicker. No you won't die.

But seriously, a Reisling should be consumed between 1 and 4 years of bottling. That is why you never see OLD Reislings up at wine auctions, they have all turned. Reislings should be very pale in coloration, if the wine starts to turn amber then its well past its prime but it is probably drinkable. If it is amber then its so far gone that it should have been consumed many years earlier and should not be consumed.

While generally sweet, Reislings can also be had in dry varieties. Ice Wines, which are a variant of Reislings are the sweetest of them all.

Last edited:

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    Jedi,

The wine is fine to drink. There is actually a cult of wine snobs that feel reislings are best when 10-15 years old. It will just taste different that when the wine was young. The fruity flavor of a reisling is best in the first three years. Then they tend to get a flavor like gasoline. As it ages more it turns into something else. Wines are alive and keep changing. Try it an see what you think.

I would bet Meijer has 2-3 Spatlese Riesling wines to try. Spatlese is a measure of how ripe the grapes were when harvested. Riesling is the variety of grape. For more choices - try Binny's in Chicago. They will have 15-20 choices and can steer you to sweeter or dryer options. The other key word on the label is Nahe. This is the area where the grapes were grown. If you can find a Spatlese Riesling from Nahe you will be a happy Jedi.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Forget leaving this thread.....I just ignored Jedi! :rockwoot:

My boss was saying his friend out of Valpo makes custom holsters. Not sure what Company it is. Anyone know about this?

Im looking for a holster for my M&P 40 that will allow me to keep my Streamlight connected.

Mitch Rosen makes custom holsters. It's where my last 2 carry holsters have come from.
    Mitch Rosen Gunleather
    But, it's gonna cost you.
    Quality work. They last. They fit.
    And, custom. You have to call, they'll ask you all kinds of customization questions. You'll have to mention the streamlight. I've never ordered with that before, so you'll have to ask.

For concealed, I've used the "workman" model.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    i thought only females drink wine....and if a guy does drink wine its out of a box and only got it cause it was cheap and only to get drunk off of it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Reislings are inexpensive wines. Typically $6.99 to $15.99. Some expensive bottles will hit the $40 price range.

They are easy to drink wines, excellent paired with spicy asian foods, and definitely not designed for long term storage. They are table wines, so open it up, if its good then drink it. If its turned then you probably didn't lose too much $ because it was probably cheap to begin with.

A couple of the most drinkable, to my taste, are Chateau ste Michele and even better is Columbia Winery Cellermaster Reserve. Both are modestly sweet, easy to drink, great with a meal. Both are about $10. Buy them at the supermarket.

YES those wines go bad. Rieslings get WORSE WITH AGE and they do go bad.

Since you are already sick, you probably can't get much sicker. No you won't die.

But seriously, a Reisling should be consumed between 1 and 4 years of bottling. That is why you never see OLD Reislings up at wine auctions, they have all turned. Reislings should be very pale in coloration, if the wine starts to turn amber then its well past its prime but it is probably drinkable. If it is amber then its so far gone that it should have been consumed many years earlier and should not be consumed.

While generally sweet, Reislings can also be had in dry varieties. Ice Wines, which are a variant of Reislings are the sweetest of them all.
    this must mean you have jedi off your ignore list.................................................:dunno:

one must ask

why???

:):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i thought only females drink wine....and if a guy does drink wine its out of a box and only got it cause it was cheap and only to get drunk off of it.

Let me guess you drink beer? :dunno:

this must mean you have jedi off your ignore list.................................................:dunno:

one must ask

why???

:):

Quite!

@melensdad & 3steps
    Thanks.
    Here I was hoping the wine had gone bad so I could give it to someone... mmmuuuuuhhhhhaaaaaa ;)

So the keys words are "Spatlese Riesling from Nahe" got it.
    One day maybe I'll get back to the wine bottles.

BTW the blue bottles I got were a gift.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    or whiskey...depends on my mood
    :+1: on the whiskey or even another hard liquor. -10000 on the beer! :puke:

I wouldn't live in Lake County if someone paid me and gave me twenty acres tax-free.
    Too close to Chicago. Where I am now is too close to Chicago, no way am I ever voluntarily moving closer than this.

& that is why if you see the voting order here you probably only have 1/16 of a vote.
    :rofl:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...go-general-post-part-6-a-110.html#post4318071

Besides we can't give you 20 acres for free as we need all the open land to grow plants.... :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom