Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Not really as blythe's valpo is fffffffaaaaaarrrrrr and I rarely go. :p
    Besides thugs buy their guns on sat. night specials don't you know. :faint:

I agree, Valpo is REALLY far.

Several coworkers live Valpo/Chesterton and when they have a bbq or some other party, I politely decline, citing the fact that I do not own a small personal aircraft to get there.

To be honest, I have less issue with driving to Indy than Valpo.

But, I've used Blythe's Valpo range a couple times several years back when I was doing clinical rounds at Porter. At the time I was split between a pediatrics rotation at LaRabida in Chicago and adult surgical at Porter. I'd leave Chicago at 2100 and drive straight through to Valpo, spend the night either in my car or at my wife's (girlfriend at the time) friend's place and do my time at Porter. By the end of the day I needed some "me time" and would stop by the range to burn up a box of ammo and head home to Dyer.

For some reason, in my mind, Valparaiso is REALLY far away.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    I agree, Valpo is REALLY far.

Several coworkers live Valpo/Chesterton and when they have a bbq or some other party, I politely decline, citing the fact that I do not own a small personal aircraft to get there.

To be honest, I have less issue with driving to Indy than Valpo.

But, I've used Blythe's Valpo range a couple times several years back when I was doing clinical rounds at Porter. At the time I was split between a pediatrics rotation at LaRabida in Chicago and adult surgical at Porter. I'd leave Chicago at 2100 and drive straight through to Valpo, spend the night either in my car or at my wife's (girlfriend at the time) friend's place and do my time at Porter. By the end of the day I needed some "me time" and would stop by the range to burn up a box of ammo and head home to Dyer.

For some reason, in my mind, Valparaiso is REALLY far away.

Distance is a state of mind. I used to feel the same about the far upper north west corner. After leaving my house, everything is getting closer.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Whatcha threadin? I own a machine shop and do all my own smithing, but do not have the FFL and can/will not work on peoples firearms for financial gain. Not to say that can't do it, but the owner has to be there and never relinquish possession. Unfortunately, I'm also in the midst of a shop move.

I've heard good things about the other recommendation though.

Anyone know anyone good at threading barrels?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Whatcha threadin? I own a machine shop and do all my own smithing, but do not have the FFL and can/will not work on peoples firearms for financial gain. Not to say that can't do it, but the owner has to be there and never relinquish possession. Unfortunately, I'm also in the midst of a shop move.

I've heard good things about the other recommendation though.

Savage doesn't make the gun that I want, but they make the gun that I want that is not threaded. So i need my dream savage threaded so i can put a muzzle break on it. It is just for me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    If it's just for you Sadclown... I got a guy....

professional machinest, and has made more recievers and gun parts than most... He's not in the business currently though...

Let me know if you want to go that route...

Later....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Distance is a state of mind. I used to feel the same about the far upper north west corner. After leaving my house, everything is getting closer.

Agree. Jedi is willing to drive to WINAMAC DNR but going to NPCCC is ffffaaaarrrrr.

Leave that crap at the Disney forum and speak English here!

Hey Jedi is with NWI INGO and he is here to help. ;)
    Your redneck uncivilized self needs some 'disney' in you and that is what Jedi will give you. :p
    Your .gov knows what best for your medical health and now NWI INGO knows what's best for your cultural edumication.
    :faint:

When Jedi's kids get old enough do they become pada-juans?

:facepalm:
    Actually ds made Jedi proud and had Jedi in tears last year when ds faced off against Vader with some of his own moves (duck & jump).
    201209_marcos_sw_01.jpg

201209_marcos_sw_02.jpg

Notice his feet are fully off the platform!

Melensdad should go over to the disboard and read all about the trip and how this event look place.
    2nd trip: 9/3-9/10 CS, MK, HS, DTD, Driving from IN to FL - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been to Disneyworld at least a dozen times.

It has yet to cause me to speak in 3rd person.

It has yet to cause me to speak gibberish.

It has yet to cause me to have some odd fascination with Legos.

It has yet to cause me to take on a pink persona.

I think you caught something when you were down there, its likely you need extended treatment.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Proud parent here of two children that have NEVER set foot inside a Disney park and one child that was too young to remember it!

Disney sucks ... your money right out of your wallet and bank account.

:):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've been to Disneyworld at least a dozen times.

It has yet to cause me to speak in 3rd person.

It has yet to cause me to speak gibberish.

It has yet to cause me to have some odd fascination with Legos.

It has yet to cause me to take on a pink persona.

I think you caught something when you were down there, its likely you need extended treatment.

Jedi was speaking 3rd person gibberish about PINK LEGO sets long before Jedi went to Disney. :p

Proud parent here of two children that have NEVER set foot inside a Disney park and one child that was too young to remember it!

Disney sucks ... your money right out of your wallet and bank account.
    --ring-- ring---
    Jedi: DCFS
    DCFS: Yes
    Jedi: I know this guy who.... ;)

@All check this image out!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-i-thought-appropriate-forum.html#post4513549

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom