• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Made it to and from work last night. Got home and tried to open the back door on the caddy to get a case of water out of the back seat and pop goes the door handle. Smh...

You got lucky Andy, one of the guys on the FD had a station wagon and one winter day broke all four door handles and had to climb in the back window to get in the car.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Just to let everyone know, Blythe's Sport Shop is closed today. Much as we hate to close the well being of our customers and employee's is very important to us. Our apologies to those who were going to come in and buy guns today, we do plan on being open tomorrow.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Well, I'm going to reset the check engine light. Put air in the tires. Super glue the back right door handle back in place. Change the front left headlight bulb. Then trade it in. I want something with a warranty. Who wants to co-sign? My credit still sucks, it's improving, but the 3 years I was off for the injury is still haunting my credit report. Stuff is still popping up and I've been back to work for 4 years. Smh...

But seriuosly sly im doing those quick fixes and trading the caddy in.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Just to let everyone know, Blythe's Sport Shop is closed today. Much as we hate to close the well being of our customers and employee's is very important to us. Our apologies to those who were going to come in and buy guns today, we do plan on being open tomorrow.

We all know the police don't have a quota for tickets and SadclownWP won't sell you a new firearm. :lmfao:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Rethinking my decision to NOT have a cab on my tractor.

Its hard to use a tractor when you have woods/trees that you work in or around, but when its -15 degrees F outside an open tractor seat is not really the 'best seat in the house' to occupy. The tractor is in a heated garage, temp in the garage is set to 49 degrees to keep anything from freezing. But open one of the doors and it gets cold in there FAST.

I'll probably go out later to bust the drifts out of the driveways, head down the road to my friend's house where his wife is stranded in the house and he is stuck at his machine shop up in Highland and clear out his driveway. I cleared all of them yesterday and looking out the front door my driveway is in pretty good shape. So sometime, when there is minimal wind, and plenty of sunshine, I'll bundle up and head out. Shouldn't have to be outside very long.

Anyone else heading outside today?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I give up ... snow blower purchase in the spring. After coming home yesterday to the sight of my lovely wife shoveling snow (while the neighbors stand watch next to their snowblower from their open garage) it's time. I can still handle it at my age (sort of) it but it's not fair to my wife. Not to mention, shoveling snow for three days straight (work and home) takes it toll. I have to admit that I am out of gas physically and seeing the driveway this morning didn't help. I'll be lucky to clear a lane by this evening.

Here's my house:

394464_10150447734136890_54584921889_8809545_394999947_n.jpg

Here's the end of my driveway:

pt.jpg

Here's the back side of the house:

614ab733b43a54d9e4758ccdb9bc0e44.jpg

Here's the dog run:

je4316.JPG

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So apparently you have not heard the old Swedish saying (translated): There is no bad weather, only bad clothing.

BTW, got the X Country skis ready!!!

I've got nowhere to go, so gonna hunker down and put some BBQ ribs in the oven low and slow. Been marinating them for two days.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Anyone else heading outside today?

On a serious note, I'm not sure I will make it out today. It will take the three of us (me, wife, daughter) a couple hours to clear the driveway ... including that nasty, crusted over, frozen gift from the snow plow at the end of the driveway. I had to pick up my son in Indy yesterday, which didn't happen obviously. That trip was pushed to today but with the roads still closed and me still having to dig out, that's questionable as well. His employer cut him some slack for his work shift today but I don't know if they will do it again for tomorrow. Anyway I cut it, I see a digging out followed by a four hour (or more) drive within the next 12 to 16 hours (I have to work tomorrow as well).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On a serious note, I'm not sure I will make it out today. It will take the three of us (me, wife, daughter) a couple hours to clear the driveway ... including that nasty, crusted over, frozen gift from the snow plow at the end of the driveway. I had to pick up my son in Indy yesterday, which didn't happen obviously. That trip was pushed to today but with the roads still closed and me still having to dig out, that's questionable as well. His employer cut him some slack for his work shift today but I don't know if they will do it again for tomorrow. Anyway I cut it, I see a digging out followed by a four hour (or more) drive within the next 12 to 16 hours (I have to work tomorrow as well).
    Can you BORROW a snow blower from a neighbor?

I've got to drive Melen back to North Carolina but we decided that she will get to school a day, maybe 2 later than planned. Our goal was to depart tomorrow at the crack of dawn. But I'm not heading out for an 11 hour drive in BELOW ZERO temps. She can get to school late.

Swedish, huh? Good to know. I always thought it was an Appleseed saying. I hear it so much at different shoots. Their version is: "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing selection."
    Swedish or Norwegian, or both. And its a VERY OLD saying. Definitely pre-dates Appleseed.

Swedish version: Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder.

Meat and Eat and WD's house. We are having all-you-can-eat snow cones LOL
    We have the first Meet & Eat for 2014!

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Going to try to snow blow the driveway today. Not going to work. We have one frozen pipe in the bathroom. The sink and toilet work but the bathtub doesn't. We are on a crawlspace.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It took me two hours to do mine and the neighbors drive and sidewalks. Thank god for a two stage snowblower. There was two foot snow drifts everywhere.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Can you BORROW a snow blower from a neighbor?

If the neighbor directly across the street is content to stand and watch (for at least ten minutes) my wife struggle with the drifts at the end of the driveway without an offer to help, I don't think I will be borrowing anything from them. We'll just start shoveling and see if anyone else offers to help. So far, it has been silent out there. Nobody clearing anything yet.

I've got to drive Melen back to North Carolina but we decided that she will get to school a day, maybe 2 later than planned. Our goal was to depart tomorrow at the crack of dawn. But I'm not heading out for an 11 hour drive in BELOW ZERO temps. She can get to school late.

I agree. My son knew that the weather forecast was calling for this weather. I tried to dissuade him before he left on Friday. Now he's stuck. I'll do what I can but I'm not endangering anyone (including rescuers) just to save his job when he should have known better.

Swedish or Norwegian, or both. And its a VERY OLD saying. Definitely pre-dates Appleseed.

Swedish version: Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder.

:yesway: You know some stuff.

Meat and Eat and WD's house. We are having all-you-can-eat snow cones LOL

We have the first Meet & Eat for 2014!

If you can make it here, you're welcome to pick through my fridge and cupboards.

ADDED: Just finished watching the press conference. It doesn't look like they will be opening anything up anytime soon. They have to bring crews up from the southeast corner of the state. It looks like I will be focused on the driveway today ... slow and steady with breaks. Good news ... I'll get my ab workout in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom