• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Don't get a craftsman, mine is going back as soon as the roads are open again. Cleared the drive last night and it was fine. Went out this morning and did mine and helped my neighbor, as I was doing the sidewalk in between the power just dropped. The auto drive barely had power to move the blower, and it went from throwing snow about 10-15ft to throwing it about 2-3ft and sounds bogged down in about 4" of snow. Guess I'll be upgrading to a Toro now.

Maybe you got their one lemon for that production year?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Whew ... stick a fork in me. I'm done. Now ... why did I leave the south again?

Oh ... It's not that they don't think about or don't see the big picture, it's that they know better.

Taking recommendations right now.
    I have an Ariens from Burks on RT 30 and 750 west across from the Walgreen warehouse. Had it since 1999 and only repair was rebuilding the carb about four years ago. Get one with the electric start and two stage snowblower.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't get a craftsman, mine is going back as soon as the roads are open again. Cleared the drive last night and it was fine. Went out this morning and did mine and helped my neighbor, as I was doing the sidewalk in between the power just dropped. The auto drive barely had power to move the blower, and it went from throwing snow about 10-15ft to throwing it about 2-3ft and sounds bogged down in about 4" of snow. Guess I'll be upgrading to a Toro now.

Did you break the 'shear bolt' on the shaft? That is a safety device to prevent damage to the engine.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    SCEC just cancelled school tomorrow.
    This whole Jonh and Yoko thing that my wife and I have going on is getting old, I need to interact with other humans soon.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This whole Jonh and Yoko thing that my wife and I have going on is getting old, I need to interact with other humans soon.

Try being laid off for 4-6 months out of the year. It's great when the wife is gone most of the day to see the two daughters.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good Lord. Isn't there some sort of law governing how long you can work back to back shifts like that?

No law. In fact I can leave right now.
    I just wont ever be able to come back.
    Its in the contract under weather related emergencies.

So you shot him?

Right now, I'd be hard pressed to remember which end of the gun to point.
    2 bosses just walked in, each brought KFC. So now we're swimming in chicken.

I have been starting my vehicles every 8-12 hours for about a half hour or so. Is this a good idea or am I just wasting fuel? My work car is burried in a drift in back and will get started when the snow melts... Haha..

Wouldnt hurt. Run long enough to rdcharge batt, and warm fluids.

These are the sheeple that live above their means and from paycheck to paycheck due to all the car and toy and house payments every month, but are too blind or stupid to plan ahead......

Na, jusg people raised wrong. I take some, make sure everyone gets some before reaching again.

My craftsman works fine. Though it seems to be rough on starter gears. But it starts on the pull.
    Maybe your chute is plugged, or wrapped rope arounf the throewr?

So go clear my drive.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Great. We've started and terminated 2, or was it 3, times. They're trying to start again, just 2 heats. Just so the heats warm the building. Water pipes starting to freeze.
    Now a crane just froze.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Aaron, any luck with the snowblower?

The reason I asked if you checked the 'shear bolt' is because I've broken several of them over the years. Often times they seem to break AFTER doing something tough, not while the machine is struggling. I think it probably weakens the shear bolt when it hits ice, rock, etc and then when it hits the next thing, even it its only snow, then it finally breaks.

If your engine is running, and the drive and/or blower are not (or are moving at low speed), then my bet is its a shear bolt.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well I just went out to clear the frozen berm created by the plows clearing the roads... Broke my snow shovel and it sure gave me a hell of a 10 minute work out and 20 minutes later I'm in bathroom throwing up and can't stop sweating...
    Any one have an idea what's happening?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well I just went out to clear the frozen berm created by the plows clearing the roads... Broke my snow shovel and it sure gave me a hell of a 10 minute work out and 20 minutes later I'm in bathroom throwing up and can't stop sweating...
    I had a nasty 24-hour virus like that once. Rest and try to hydrate with very small sips, but if you're like I was, you won't even be able to hold down water. :( I hope it's not serious.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner

HOw old are you, do you smoke, diabetes? family history of cardiac issues?

Might want to get a ride to the ED.

RCAs love to shut down in the cold, especially in the cold while doing something like shoveling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom