• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The YMCA in Crown Point, IN is holding a fun run on August 21 to raise some money for the YMCA.

2 different events. A 2km run (1.2 miles) and a 4km run (2.4 miles).

If you are not into running, but would prefer to WALK the event, you are also WELCOME to participate :rockwoot:

The event is in honor of Sharon James.

Sharon James was the mother of the captain of my Lowell High School fencing team and the wife of a very good man named Mike. She was killed in a very tragic auto accident 1 year ago on the date of this event. I got to know Sharon and Mike and only have praise for them and their children (2 of the 3 fence saber). Mike is a shooter and a hunter, as are all 3 of the kids (2 of the kids also hunt).

Jodie James, the captain of my team, is the eldest child in the family and she is 16 years old,. Jodie is the one who is organizing this event to raise money for the YMCA.

If you are into running and have time on August 21st it would be great if you could attend.

A non-timed 2 or 4 mile race in memory of Sharon James, all proceeds will benefit the Southlake Family YMCA programs. Registration before August 12th costs $30.00, shirt size is guaranteed. Registration after August 12th costs $40.00, shirt size is not gauaranteed. A $4.00 discount will be applied to the registration fee for those who do not order a shirt. Same day registration and shirt pickup wil begin at 7am on August 21st and end at 7:30 am. The race will being at 8:30 am.

Event information can also be obtained directly from:
    Southlake Family YMCA
    1450 S Court St
    Crown Point, IN
    (219) 663-5810

Link to event on FACEBOOK >>> https://www.facebook.com/events/1798407957061325/

13330967_1021592537911102_5641227609771682508_n_zpszvwwmobc.jpg

13343070_1021592854577737_888865038755167490_n_zpskybtrces.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The YMCA in Crown Point, IN is holding a fun run on August 21 to raise some money for the YMCA.

2 different events. A 2km run (1.2 miles) and a 4km run (2.4 miles).

If you are not into running, but would prefer to WALK the event, you are also WELCOME to participate :rockwoot:

Link to event on FACEBOOK >>> https://www.facebook.com/events/1798407957061325/

waaapsykoRUN? UGH!psykowaaa2

Apparently you were not burdened with an over abundance of reading comprehension lessons at school :bash:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Sounds like someone is a little too entitled. Since when is it a Semi's job let someone in? Actually since when is it anyone's responsibility to let anyone else in?

Making room to let someone merge is called courtesy. As long as it doesn't involve having to break hard, you shouldn't be an ass and try to stop someone from merging onto the highway.

And with the construction there is no merge lane to jockey for position. The merging traffic is forced into the right lane immediately no matter what is already there.

I get everones point. Is there a Yield sign at the end of the on ramp? I know for a fact there is for 61st ST SB 65 on ramp. You are not entitled to come on 65 until safe to do so...... Traffic has been worse than normal due to construction, tightening up traffic...... Was there possibly another vehicle on the other side of the semi, to where they could not get over for you? Lets talk about the a-holes that know where their exit is but continues to cross 3 lanes of traffic in one swoop cutting off semi drivers.....

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I get everones point. Is there a Yield sign at the end of the on ramp? I know for a fact there is for 61st ST SB 65 on ramp. You are not entitled to come on 65 until safe to do so...... Traffic has been worse than normal due to construction, tightening up traffic...... Was there possibly another vehicle on the other side of the semi, to where they could not get over for you? Lets talk about the a-holes that know where their exit is but continues to cross 3 lanes of traffic in one swoop cutting off semi drivers.....

There is a yield sign right at the juncture of where 61st and 65 merge, but you don't even know it's there until you are entering the flow of traffic. I don't remember if there is one at 30 or not. I'm just avoiding the area until that bull**** is gone.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There probably was. I was responding more to the tone of that post than the actual event. Too many people on the road drive with little to no courtesy for other drivers. The "you're not getting in front of me" and "I'm not moving for anyone" attitudes are much to prevalent on the road today.

As I said
    As long as it doesn't involve having to break hard, you shouldn't be an ass and try to stop someone from merging onto the highway.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I just use more rockets to get on the highway with all those FIB's... No real cleanup afterwords and the space you were trying to jockey for has nothing in it.

Range time.... Got to practice a bit more with the rockets for summer driving...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Did you know it's a free fishing weekend? Today and tomorrow (June 4th and 5th) residents of Indiana do not need a fishing license or trout and salmon stamp to fish Indiana's public waters.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    KLB..... And thats why I said the "I get everyones Point".... I wasnt calling anyone out, I just wanted to point out some possibilities as to why/how the situation happened the way it did. And I also wanted to mention that it isnt just semis cutting people off..... That its also reversed. And you are right, people now a days do drive like they are entitled to drive how they want. If everyone didnt drive with their HOA, we could eliminate a lot of accidents. But too many people are distracted driving now a days.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    KLB..... And thats why I said the "I get everyones Point".... I wasnt calling anyone out, I just wanted to point out some possibilities as to why/how the situation happened the way it did. And I also wanted to mention that it isnt just semis cutting people off..... That its also reversed. And you are right, people now a days do drive like they are entitled to drive how they want. If everyone didnt drive with their HOA, we could eliminate a lot of accidents. But too many people are distracted driving now a days.
    Yep. One of the reasons I always buy a car with decent performance. I prefer to go around and get away from idjits on the road.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You left before the rain stopped... awesome finish on the 200 yard though...

Awesome to see you two and Shooting Dave out there... even with all the rain...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just heard 130 & County Line Rd will be closing down later this month until mid-Sept. Widening the intersection, putting in turn lanes, and adding a stop light.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Getting ready to leave for vacation. Fly out Wednesday. I'll be missing the Meet & Shoots for June/July. Should be home roughly August 1, give or take a few days either way. If I get home much earlier than that then I'm gonna be crabbier than normal.

If anyone has any extra raccoons they can drop off at Jedi's while I'm out of town please make sure to drop those off for him. I won't be able to do my weekly deposits at his house. He still has my traps to catch them, but he doesn't seem to understand why the 'coon population has exploded in his vicinity #ThugLife :rolleyes:

People need to keep an eye on GhostofWinter and LadyGhost while I'm out of town. They are frail and need tending from time to time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom