Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    If you have children at Hanover Central H.S. you may want to keep them home today. I'll be there doing "mock interviews" for some classes this morning.

So far I've made kids cry every day that I've done this (this is my final day this year, but I've done this for 2 years).

So if you have a special snowflake that can't stand to hear the truth, doesn't understand common sense and has the belief that being a lazy slacker is the right way to get ahead in life, just keep them home today, no need to have them hear truthful words that may cause tears and force them to run to their safe space.

You're supposed to hand out trophies and say, "Why, yes, you have no skills and DO deserve to sit behind a desk and get paid $60K."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You're supposed to hand out trophies and say, "Why, yes, you have no skills and DO deserve to sit behind a desk and get paid $60K."

Oh, I keep forgetting to do that.

Last year I was at Lowell H.S. and unloaded a truth bomb on a class of 2nd semester seniors regarding their economics project. I sat in and did reviews for 2 days. Some were not quite up to standard. I said so. Apparently I was reported to the principal by 3 butthurt students. Word I got back is that "the students are not ready to hear the truth." I was not invited back to open that can of whoop-ass again this year. But I did have several teachers come up to me and thank me, congratulate me, etc after that 'incident' of 'hate speech' and 'hurtful words.' Mind you I was honest, polite, didn't swear, but there was a blunt assessment of the students group project.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you have children at Hanover Central H.S. you may want to keep them home today. I'll be there doing "mock interviews" for some classes this morning.

So far I've made kids cry every day that I've done this (this is my final day this year, but I've done this for 2 years).

So if you have a special snowflake that can't stand to hear the truth, doesn't understand common sense and has the belief that being a lazy slacker is the right way to get ahead in life, just keep them home today, no need to have them hear truthful words that may cause tears and force them to run to their safe space.

Video please. Sounds interesting.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Video please. Sounds interesting.

They video the practice sessions before these sessions, but not these.

The other person doing interviews today is a professor at Purdue. She and I have done this together before. She is tough too. Has sent kids back to finish incomplete applications, etc. Its a wake up call for the kids. The kids who understand that will probably do better than those who assume it was a set up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, I keep forgetting to do that.

Last year I was at Lowell H.S. and unloaded a truth bomb on a class of 2nd semester seniors regarding their economics project. I sat in and did reviews for 2 days. Some were not quite up to standard. I said so. Apparently I was reported to the principal by 3 butthurt students. Word I got back is that "the students are not ready to hear the truth." I was not invited back to open that can of whoop-ass again this year. But I did have several teachers come up to me and thank me, congratulate me, etc after that 'incident' of 'hate speech' and 'hurtful words.' Mind you I was honest, polite, didn't swear, but there was a blunt assessment of the students group project.

After a life of being told everything you do is awesome, the truth is going to be a let down.

To bad many parents don't understand that. They create "fragile" kids. That grow up into "fragile" adults.
    Then the parents moan, "I gave him/her everything. How could they turn out like this?"

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    After a life of being told everything you do is awesome, the truth is going to be a let down.

To bad many parents don't understand that. They create "fragile" kids. That grow up into "fragile" adults.
    Then the parents moan, "I gave him/her everything. How could they turn out like this?"

Well I didn't make anyone cry.

I did have 2 girls who were shaking so hard that I thought they were going to pee in their chair. Overall I think it went well this morning. We finished up the last 2 classes that had to be completed. I think the kids really learn from this, it sets them up for going out to actually get a job. As ill prepared as some of the kids are, we try to turn it around to make it constructive. After each interview we then talk in small groups to correct the weaknesses, highlight the strengths, etc. Honestly I think the Hanover Central kids are better prepared than many of the Lowell kids ... but that could be based on the very limited groups I see.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We need 500 signatures.

We have 498.

Has everyone north of US30 in thug land signed twice already? If so, time for round 3.

Or if you haven't signed the petition yet, please do so.

The rules committee will not consider backing down from the new rule if we don't have at least 500 signatures.

Link to petition >>> https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

Oohhh you are still 2 short....
    When in the deadline...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just hit 500.

Thanks to all who helped.
    And your pets who signed the petition too.

But not to Jedi. Clearly he only asked at the very end so he could get the glory. But glory must be earned and he is a government worker, they don't earn anything they take it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom