• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Going to hike across Spain. Starting in Biarritz (France) heading south over the Pyrenees mountains, then west into Spain to the Atlantic ocean. Roughly 618 miles.
    I would walk 5 hun dred miles and I would walk a hundred and 18 more. da da da.

I tried to check out that tapas restaurant on 30 yesterday and they were closed. What's up with that?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just heard 130 & County Line Rd will be closing down later this month until mid-Sept. Widening the intersection, putting in turn lanes, and adding a stop light.
    All needed, but they are starting to make it hard for me to get to work with construction everywhere.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Making room to let someone merge is called courtesy. As long as it doesn't involve having to break hard, you shouldn't be an ass and try to stop someone from merging onto the highway

Yep, unfortunately common courtesy and driving don't go hand in hand these days. They had a special segment on TV last week about road rage. Some jack wad expert attributed it to people leaving too late to get to where they need to go. IMO that may be part of it. I just think it's a who different attitude of me first, I am entitled, and just plain ole lack of courtesy. Everyday I see people turning at the last second in front of on-coming cars. Last week as I was driving to work, a lady turned in front of an oncoming car at 149 and 130 intersection. The lady turning got t-boned real bad. I stopped, and 3 other people got out to assist. I figured they don't need more congestion at the crash site, so I continued on to work. I am pretty sure they were going to have to cut her out of the vehicle.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Just heard 130 & County Line Rd will be closing down later this month until mid-Sept. Widening the intersection, putting in turn lanes, and adding a stop light.
    How I get to and from work every day. Explain's the marker flags on the sides of the intersection. Need to find another way to get around the intersection. The turn lanes will be a great addition for getting thru the intersection with a train blocking traffic. Wonder about the detour route with all the traffic going thru there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would walk 5 hun dred miles and I would walk a hundred and 18 more. da da da.
    Oh.

My daughter is comparing this trip to the Trail of Tears.

I tried to check out that tapas restaurant on 30 yesterday and they were closed. What's up with that?
    I dunno. I've driven past that one about 100 times, never stopped in.

There is a good one over in Valpo. Don Quiote

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    :lol2:

It sounded good from the reviews on the net. Looked kind of dumpy when I go there. Who's not open on a Saturday?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :lol2:

It sounded good from the reviews on the net. Looked kind of dumpy when I go there. Who's not open on a Saturday?

They were one of the vendors at that benefit I was at a while ago. Having sampled their offerings, I'd consider an alternative. It's nothing you couldn't make at home.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    How I get to and from work every day. Explain's the marker flags on the sides of the intersection. Need to find another way to get around the intersection. The turn lanes will be a great addition for getting thru the intersection with a train blocking traffic. Wonder about the detour route with all the traffic going thru there.

In the long run it will be nice to have a light there. I am sure County Line Orchard is hoping they finish on time too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom