jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @bob
    Is that what happens when one gets old? They think walking 600+ miles is a vacation. Yuck!

@all
    The ramp to get onto i65 from the mall was open yesterday even though idot said it would be closed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Crossed the thin red line into hostile territory.

Just dropped Melen off at the Univ of Illinois Chicago Circle Campus for her L.S.A.T. test. Campus is fairly ugly, at least the central core of the campus. Its an extension campus for the U.of IL. I walked around the campus a bit just because I've never really explored it. Not worth much further exploration than what I saw. Its in a pretty nice area, sandwiched just south of Greektown along the expressway, and a bit over a mile NW of Chinatown. Lots of stuff other than studying for the kids to do while spending parents money.

Now I'm in Chinatown trying to decide where I want to eat. I have about 4 hours to kill. Probably go for a Dim Sum style lunch at Won Kow, but one of the noodle shops could sway me inside.

@bob
    Is that what happens when one gets old? They think walking 600+ miles is a vacation. Yuck!

I believe it is what happens when one wants to remain largely healthy.

We are deciding on next years adventure while we do this one. We have 3 under consideration.
    1) Motorcycle trip following the shoreline of all the Great Lakes (6500 miles).
    2) hiking from Florence to Rome through Tuscany.
    3) Hiking the UNESCO designated trail of 88 Temples (the Kumano Kodo) in Japan.​

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    So I saw how this US 30 bs is going to work this morning. I think people were getting off of the SB I-65 and heading East. Then once they get to the traffic light at Mississippi street, it's a massive u-turn by people in both turning lanes. What could possibly go wrong with that?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, there's a limited showing movie made by some vets making fun of zombie movies.
    There'll be a Merrillville showing if they can get 43 more reservations in 2 days.
    Date is the 15th
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1225972074081118&id=162733303738339&ref=bookmarks

I'm gonna sign up when I get home, and maybe some of my brothers.

https://www.tugg.com/titles/range-15
    a229c649abb834e1d5fcc2f12c69d77c.jpg

A group of veterans wake up after a night of partying to find out that the zombie apocalypse has spread across the United States. Together, they must fight their way across the country in order to find a cure for the outbreak and restore freedom before it's too late.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom