• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lone, your posts reminded me, I need a new outdoor grill.

Currently have an American Outdoor Products natural gas grill that is post mounted next to our kitchen patio. Broke off a burner knob. The right burner regulator is shot. Insides need to be replaced. I think its just time to replace the whole thing. We grill year round so our grill gets constant use. I think this one is on its 3rd set of burner elements and second set of anti-flame plates.

Current grill looks like this, but I think ours is one size larger? => http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_...Gas-Grill-On-In-Ground-Post_item_2894476.html

Anyone got any recommendations for built in natural gas grills? Definitely need something that holds up to heavy use.

Had Dukane previously, won't make that mistake again. Also had some other brand before that but that company went out of business. We seem to average about 6 years before we destroy our grills due to heavy use. Not uncommon to use them 3 to 5 days a week, winter, spring, summer and fall.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We've been happy with our Napoleon. Pricey, but it has held up really well so far.

I highly recommend getting the infrared burner.

Small%20Bar.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How often do you grill? (days per week/weeks per year)

How long have you had it?

I'm not unhappy with our current grill, but it needs to be replaced. I like the dual layer hood for insulation, heavy grade stainless, high BTU burners, etc. We do have an infrared back burner in ours currently, great for rotissery use! I'm open to changing brands.

EDIT: doesn't look like they have a post mount version :(

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All year round. A few times a week. And a couple of years now.

If you are out this way stop and take a look.

Bummer about the post. You could always build around it :):

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    No. NO I can't. That is my story and I'm sticking with it. The lovely Mrs Bob already has me working harder around the house on projects than I want to work.
    So much for retiring huh?

My grandfather was getting close to retiring and my grandma would tell him about things that needed to be done, he would reply "put it on the list" Well when he finally retired from the Mill, she presented him with the list. He took a look at the LONG list and said "If I'm going to work THIS hard, someone is going to PAY me!" he went out and got another job and paid for someone ELSE to do all things on the list! LOL

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So much for retiring huh?

My grandfather was getting close to retiring and my grandma would tell him about things that needed to be done, he would reply "put it on the list" Well when he finally retired from the Mill, she presented him with the list. He took a look at the LONG list and said "If I'm going to work THIS hard, someone is going to PAY me!" he went out and got another job and paid for someone ELSE to do all things on the list! LOL
    I like your grandfathers way of getting the honey-do list done.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No. NO I can't. That is my story and I'm sticking with it. The lovely Mrs Bob already has me working harder around the house on projects than I want to work.
    Pay someone else :):

After watching them build our kitchen, I would never try to do that myself. It is WAY too much work to do it right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have 6 to 7 coleman 1lb propane EMPTY tanks that if anyone wants is welcome to take.
    Otherwise to the landfill they will go. No damage or rust on them. They are missing the plastic top.
    I have used them over the past few months on my little grill and was planning on refilling them but have not gotten around to it and probably never will at this rate. So they are taking up space. PM me if you want them since I rarely read INGO now-a-days. :(

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    [video=youtube;ZOhSbNJ7MqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOhSbNJ7MqI[/video]

I'll wait for the dvd but it looks funny. There was also a red band version but you had to sign in to watch it.

[video=youtube;KLa1QCVqWzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLa1QCVqWzs[/video]

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Guess I should have posted this here. Met a guy named Adam at Deb's about a month ago.

Long story short, Adam I finally joined INGO since you asked if I was on here. We enjoyed borrowing your 357 and Glock (I don't really remember...) for a few rounds (I had a new 92a1), and some conversation in between all of the noise.

See ya around!

Dave

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom