Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So decided I'm never going to be able to find the perfect piece of land for shooting so..... Should I join the porter county gun club or Michigan city rifle club? Have some ar's I would like to shoot at something other then paper. Skeet would be nice too. I would like to be able to take my daughter or a guest from time to time. I will mainly shoot on Sunday's afternoon would be fine since I know both places have events that day usually. Any thoughts from anyone here on which would be better?
    There's 26 acres right behind my house for sale on goldring rd. I wanna say it was listed for 69k but has been for sale for at least 3 yrs now. Can't really build on it as you have the nipsco lines that run through it and its somewhat marshy when it rains, but some good hills to turn into berms.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    lol! been kinda busier than normal lately, did manage to make the GB shoot for a couple hours saturday (imagine that, half naked women running around and I find time) :):

we'll definitley make the sep m&s, hopefully the eat too.
    getting lasik surgery friday, wearing glasses umtil then, been wearing contacts sinc i was 13, this is HORRIBLE, tunnel vision, zero depth perception, if you see me driving, just get the hell out of the way, it's best for everyone!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Are you trying to break the thread?

I'm kicking around the idea of getting lasik, but none of the doctors have sold me on it.

i've talked with tons of people that have had it and they all seem to say the same thing "wish i woulda done it sooner" so I finally decided to go for it, hopefully my experience is the same.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    There's 26 acres right behind my house for sale on goldring rd. I wanna say it was listed for 69k but has been for sale for at least 3 yrs now. Can't really build on it as you have the nipsco lines that run through it and its somewhat marshy when it rains, but some good hills to turn into berms.

This one? Is it away from enough people to actually shoot on? $6k per acre is pretty good for "the region".
    N Goldring Rd, La Porte, IN 46350 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Just got back last night from 4 days in NYC. Stayed in Jersey City and went back and forth plenty of times to NY. Wedding on Sat night in Liberty State Park which had AMAZING views of Manhattan, the Hudson River, and the Statue of Liberty. It was a black tie event, so I donned the penguin suit all night. In NYC we went to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, Empire State Building, Flatiron, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, Central Park (& Tavern on the Green). Walked the Brooklyn Bridge and the Highline. Had pizza in Times Square, Upper East Side, Brooklyn, and Jersey City. And probably more that I'm forgetting. We got there about 9am Thursday and left at 4pm Sunday. We walked over 40 miles and rode the Subway and PATH multiple times. All in all I had a good time, but NYC is crossed off my list of places to go, and I probably wont go back short of another wedding there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    lol! been kinda busier than normal lately, did manage to make the GB shoot for a couple hours saturday (imagine that, half naked women running around and I find time) :):

we'll definitley make the sep m&s, hopefully the eat too.
    getting lasik surgery friday, wearing glasses umtil then, been wearing contacts sinc i was 13, this is HORRIBLE, tunnel vision, zero depth perception, if you see me driving, just get the hell out of the way, it's best for everyone!

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom