Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    This one? Is it away from enough people to actually shoot on? $6k per acre is pretty good for "the region".
    N Goldring Rd, La Porte, IN 46350 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Just got back last night from 4 days in NYC. Stayed in Jersey City and went back and forth plenty of times to NY. Wedding on Sat night in Liberty State Park which had AMAZING views of Manhattan, the Hudson River, and the Statue of Liberty. It was a black tie event, so I donned the penguin suit all night. In NYC we went to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, Empire State Building, Flatiron, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, Central Park (& Tavern on the Green). Walked the Brooklyn Bridge and the Highline. Had pizza in Times Square, Upper East Side, Brooklyn, and Jersey City. And probably more that I'm forgetting. We got there about 9am Thursday and left at 4pm Sunday. We walked over 40 miles and rode the Subway and PATH multiple times. All in all I had a good time, but NYC is crossed off my list of places to go, and I probably wont go back short of another wedding there.
    There are two areas on goldring for sale it could be the one up against my property. Where i live on shawnee trl at the bottom of the road I use one of the berms behind my house and haven't had any neighbors call the police to complain in fact there are several people who shoot in the area especially during deer and turkey season.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Glen%20Park%20Archery%20Clinic%20Oct17_2015.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We lost a few people in high school. It helped that we could pray and have mass.
    Lowell H.S. apparently brings in outside counseling for students.

Yesterday was the memorial service.

Unfortunately none of her teachers made it to the service but the school principal was there. I think it was just such short notice that they couldn't get replacements to the school, we only found out about the service about 9am that morning, obviously after school was already underway. There was no notice in the newspaper, no obituary notice either, nothing on the church website. The service was known only to people who found out about it by word of mouth.

Chatted with Jodie's dad, he is a wreck. I've known him, his wife and daughter for about 3 years. I guess he is doing as best as can be expected. He was more composed than I would have been and you could tell he appreciated the support from all the friends, family, etc. who showed up.

Jodie has a nice bruise on the inside of her left elbow. Maybe from impact with the steering wheel? Maybe from an IV when she was taken to the hospital? I didn't want to ask. But overall she didn't appear to be physically injured, so that is good.

I got there 10 min before the service and it was already standing room only at their church, its a small church, but the crowd filled the church, the front vestibule and the stairs coming up to the vestibule. Jodie cried on my shoulder so much that it soaked the shoulder of my sportcoat and the shirt under the coat. It was hard not to break down too. I think she just needs to cry it all out. Her little sister, whom I started coaching just last season, seemed to be doing much better than Jodie or her dad, but then again she wasn't in the car when it all happened, or maybe she was just hiding it better.

Police are unofficially saying the other driver is at fault. To my understanding charges (if any) are not yet filed, tickets not yet issued.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Three hobo dinners made up for work. Ingredients cubed up chicken or steak, squash, zucchini, red potatoes, onions, carrots, green peppers, salt and pepper. I also like the Jack Daniels marinade sauce, just poured over the top. Wrap it up in tinfoil and stick it on the grill around 400 too 450 degrees. This is also great over a campfire right on top of your hot coals or even used Charcoal briquettes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom