• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Coexist is a false premise. There is one symbol that wil pretend they agree until they have the upper hand, then they will enslave or kill all others. This includes their own who ate not pure enough and those who don't go along with their program.

And I ain't talking about Libertarians.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It probably wouldn't work but, they could state that the low turnout was caused by the fact that there were around 80,000 crazed gun nuts in the city and the moms were frightened away.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Man I'd love to have one of their shirts just to wear to the 1500! I've got one that has a prominent smiling picture of the Obamessiah on the front of it. Below the photo is the phrase "I get my guns at (some little gun shop over south of Terre Haute that I don't remember the name of)." It was humorous watching the faces of the people at the 1500 until they took the time to read it!!:rockwoot:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Today we took the kids to the Fishers municipal open house to let them meet the local police, fire, ems and dpw personnel. And wouldn't you know it, the local Moms group was there handing out gun locks and trying to promote their newest astro turf group Be Smart.

I took this as a great opportunity to strike up a conversation in a public place where I knew they would be unable to block me for asking questions or challenging their BS.

I started talking to a woman who claimed she runs the social media accounts for the Indiana chapter and I asked her if it was common practice to block anyone with a different opinion or challenges them on facts. She told me that wasn't the case and their policy was to "not engage" with those who are pro gun.

I told her that was vastly different then my experience with the national chapter, and that I had been blocked from both their Facebook and Twitter accounts simply for disagreeing with them and posting links to more credible sources.

Of course them she told me I must have been rude or antagonizing because they don't block all pro gun comments. I assured her my comments were civil and challenged her to find a single pro gun comment on the national FB page.

I told her it was hard to take the org seriously based on the scrubbing of comments alone. Again she assured me they don't do that for the local accounts. Of course she couldn't give me an answer why all of the materials at her table only showed the national social media accounts with no mention of there being an Indiana chapter.

We moved on and I asked her how she got involved, etc. She told me several times they are not an anti-gun org and that many of the members are gun owners. I was told they are interested in an open discussion about gun safety and don't shy away from opposing view points. OK, sure.

Then I asked why the organization fought to block legislation and grant money from going to orgs that promote safe gun handling and not just storage laws. She assured me that never happened so I offered to do a quick Google search and prove her wrong.

She wasn't interested so I moved on and started askng her about the 2013 CDC Study (commissioned by Obama btw) which reported an estimated 500,000 - 3 mil defensive guns uses. She proceeds to tell me she was unaware of that report and she would have seen it because she was, in her words, "a statistics junkie."

I pulled out my phone, ran a quick search and pulled up the article with a link to the report. That's when she got up and started walking away. She told me she had to pick up her dogs from the groomer and literally abandoned the table. She did everything but literally sprint away.

Interested in an open discussion my foot.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Today we took the kids to the Fishers municipal open house to let them meet the local police, fire, ems and dpw personnel. And wouldn't you know it, the local Moms group was there handing out gun locks and trying to promote their newest astro turf group Be Smart.

I took this as a great opportunity to strike up a conversation in a public place where I knew they would be unable to block me for asking questions or challenging their BS.

I started talking to a woman who claimed she runs the social media accounts for the Indiana chapter and I asked her if it was common practice to block anyone with a different opinion or challenges them on facts. She told me that wasn't the case and their policy was to "not engage" with those who are pro gun.

I told her that was vastly different then my experience with the national chapter, and that I had been blocked from both their Facebook and Twitter accounts simply for disagreeing with them and posting links to more credible sources.

Of course them she told me I must have been rude or antagonizing because they don't block all pro gun comments. I assured her my comments were civil and challenged her to find a single pro gun comment on the national FB page.

I told her it was hard to take the org seriously based on the scrubbing of comments alone. Again she assured me they don't do that for the local accounts. Of course she couldn't give me an answer why all of the materials at her table only showed the national social media accounts with no mention of there being an Indiana chapter.

We moved on and I asked her how she got involved, etc. She told me several times they are not an anti-gun org and that many of the members are gun owners. I was told they are interested in an open discussion about gun safety and don't shy away from opposing view points. OK, sure.

Then I asked why the organization fought to block legislation and grant money from going to orgs that promote safe gun handling and not just storage laws. She assured me that never happened so I offered to do a quick Google search and prove her wrong.

She wasn't interested so I moved on and started askng her about the 2013 CDC Study (commissioned by Obama btw) which reported an estimated 500,000 - 3 mil defensive guns uses. She proceeds to tell me she was unaware of that report and she would have seen it because she was, in her words, "a statistics junkie."

I pulled out my phone, ran a quick search and pulled up the article with a link to the report. That's when she got up and started walking away. She told me she had to pick up her dogs from the groomer and literally abandoned the table. She did everything but literally sprint away.

Cognitive dissonance reduction: Ignore/avoid.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Nice. Hope the dogs look good. ;)

Top Bottom