• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Shannie can't tell the difference between suppressed and silent.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/...-shannon-watts-so-confused-about-suppressors/

To know what they do, just look at what they accuse us of doing:

“It’s all semantics. Focusing on the name distracts people from the real conversation,” Watts told thehill.com. “They did the same thing with the debate over whether to use the term ‘assault rifles’ or ‘semi-automatic rifles,’ and then the whole conversation shifted to ‘What are we going to call these things?’ They want to get into semantics about the language, so we don’t talk about how dangerous they are.”

See what she did there? It was her side that (intentionally) misused the term "assault rifle", and "assault weapon": an intentional appeal-to-emotion logical fallacy designed to conflate the types of rifles, confuse the uninformed, and scare the children. She then accuses our side of focusing on semantics. (How dare we use correct terminology, in order to undermine their logical fallacy.)

Likewise with suppressors: they have attempted the appeal-to-emotion scare tactic, implying that firearms are rendered silent (thanks, Hollywood) by "silencers" - and then crying foul when our side uses the more-accurate term "suppressors" to describe the item in question.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yup. For MDA you have to remember that they are using emotion to appeal to people who do not understand firearms. Their propaganda seems driven by the expression "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king".

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    To know what they do, just look at what they accuse us of doing:

See what she did there? It was her side that (intentionally) misused the term "assault rifle", and "assault weapon": an intentional appeal-to-emotion logical fallacy designed to conflate the types of rifles, confuse the uninformed, and scare the children. She then accuses our side of focusing on semantics. (How dare we use correct terminology, in order to undermine their logical fallacy.)

Likewise with suppressors: they have attempted the appeal-to-emotion scare tactic, implying that firearms are rendered silent (thanks, Hollywood) by "silencers" - and then crying foul when our side uses the more-accurate term "suppressors" to describe the item in question.

Well said, as usual, Chip.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wonder why--well, no I don't. If leftists (aside from the manipulators on the top) actually thought, then they wouldn't be leftists. Back to the point, it seems strange to me that so many rank and file leftists follow this woman when she made most of her wealth as a propagandist for corporations that the left loves to hate including and especially Monsanto.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    18920843_1375514802498273_5054276860719289994_o.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good. If she runs for office she won't be able to block people from commenting in response to her moronic views and unconstitutional positions.

Why wouldn't she?

Tough to get elected if you shut down constituents and refuse to answer any questions.

Unless you're a liberal in a liberal enclave.

It can be done. Richard Lugar did so to me. As it were, after he received overwhelming negative responses regarding amnesty for illegals and voted for it anyway, I sent him a simple question: "Como se dice 'f*ck you' en Espanol?"

I promptly got blocked, not that it made any difference anyway since I learned about 20 years ago from meeting him in person that he is just too damned smart to need to listen to anyone, and we should just accept the fact that our 'betters' know what we need better than we do.

Top Bottom